Access to old game files when playing HoF?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Hasa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Access to old game files when playing HoF?

Unread postby Hasa » 10 Dec 2006, 22:31

I have just installed the expansion Hammers of Fate and I found that I cant access old games (and campaigns) from original HoMM V in any menu. Is this normal or have I done something wrong during the install?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Dec 2006, 22:45

The expansion runs as a different game,so you have to run your original heroes if you want to play those games.

Hasa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hasa » 10 Dec 2006, 22:48

Ok. Thank you for quick response.

NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NurDas » 30 Dec 2006, 20:19

Why on earth did they make it this way? Is it normal practice? I for sure haven't seen it this way before.

Does that mean I have to patch the original game for best performance even though I have HOF if I wan't to play the original campaigns for instance?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 31 Dec 2006, 00:50

I would hope not....but unfortunately...that's what it looks like.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Jan 2007, 01:33

3DO wisely published the Heroes games so that the expansion played all previous versions as long as they were installed, one wonders as other expansions are released are we going to have to run patches for all versions we own. :cantsee:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 01 Jan 2007, 15:05

jeff wrote:3DO wisely published the Heroes games so that the expansion played all previous versions as long as they were installed, one wonders as other expansions are released are we going to have to run patches for all versions we own. :cantsee:
Yes, that was one nice thing that I think almost every add-on does with other games.

Heck, even Reel Deal slots is starting to let you run any of their games from a single executable (with only the more recent ones, but I expect the trend to continue)

And no, I don't buy the slots programs- but my mother is addicted to them, so I play around with them every now and then :-)

At least I know nothing is wrong with my HoF installation (Yes, I picked it up yesterday. Currently on map 3 of the Haven campaign.). At least they didn't make a new maps directory for downloads/editor files.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”