Orc Town Suggestion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 13 Dec 2006, 21:39

It sure would be great if these town ideas branched further away from the already established...
Hell has frozen over...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Dec 2006, 22:30

haloswift wrote:who cares wolves are neutrals allready, there are multiple dragons aswell
But they're children of the gods... wolves ain't. An i always disliked the goblin-on-wolf. Tell me that centaurs don't make sense.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 14 Dec 2006, 00:21

Simple way to add variety:

Spiders/Giant Spiders(Or Venomous Spiders or Eight-legged Freaks or whatever)
Give them the characteristic of being hard to hit (for all that running on the ground) and the upgrade be poisonous. Make them look suitably hair and unpleasant.

Goblins/Hobgoblins
Make them pretty normal but in large quantities and give the seconds some sort of special that allows them to run away. To avoid attack?

Centaurs/Centaur Chiefs
Let's mix it up, a good archer unit, perhaps with the ability to hit two ranks with the ranged attack? OR A fast melee unit with whatever special you feel necessary. (See, you must choose which to use)

Orc Warrior/Orc Archer
Let's make this interesting and worthwhile - have it so that the Orc Archer is not better than the warrior, so that it's a trade-off, either ranged attack, or a very strong warrior.

So with tiers 3 and 4 you have some excellent tactical choice - you can go with the Centaur/Warrior for a simple, cost-effective combination of solid melee and tactical shooter. OR you can have the more expensive but lightning fast Chief and the tough Archer OR you can go melee heavy OR shooter heavy. Hmm?

Troll/Other Troll (you could have your ogres, or be exciting with some sort of mountain-creature looking like a stone troll)
A shooter? Make it look different and unique though, lots of things you can do with a troll.

Pao-Kai/Big Dragon-birdthing (But I would suggest Eagles here, instead)
Flyer with some sort of special of your choosing.

Cyclops/Behemoth
Ah, see what I did there? Cyclops, which can do some area damage and it's tougher and hairier upgrade which can do enormous damage against one unit.

Then have the Orc Shaman as your hero. Get it to ride something like a wolf (that will please you guys I am sure). There have been plenty of excellent racial specials suggested and there have been excellent might-enchancing idea for towns, so I'll leave it to the pros.

From the above I am saying there is no need to include the semi-dull HIII units while still keeping a retro AND Ashan feel to the thing. I am sure there could be a better creature instead of the troll though, please suggest.

Secondly, you can be interesting with the Tier3/4 choices, this is what the game could have, but misses, and it should add plenty of possibilities for the budding barbarian.

Lastly, the line-up, if it's going to be remotely orc-based, really ought to include a monster or two from Dark Messiah. But doesn't really need to have all of them (perfectly easy to chuck out the Pao-Kai, but preferably not in favour of the slightly dull Roc).

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 14 Dec 2006, 09:09

Derek wrote:It sure would be great if these town ideas branched further away from the already established...
actually,am afraid nival and ubisoft will try to be more creative then we are and the orc town will result in...whatever names they give them

1) goblin
2) orc shooter
3) orc fighter
4) orc cavalry
5) orc spellcaster
6)Pao-Kai
7) orc dragon rider or cyclop dragon or something even worst

so yes,am pretty happy with old fashioned orc town from h2
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 14 Dec 2006, 09:36

I don't think centaurs really fit in a barbarian/orc town (neither they should in Heroes IV), IMO they are more nature aligned and could appear later as neutral Sylvan units. Spiders are the symbol of necromancers so I doubt they should make appearance in this town as well.

Personally I think the Stronghold town in Heroes III is just great but I don't think Nival is just going to copy&paste it. We could see barbarians, goblins, orcs, ogres, trolls, harpies, wolves, wolf riders, mummies, boars, cyclops, behemoths, rocs, paokai etc.
7) orc dragon rider or cyclop dragon or something even worst
lol, yeah, how about orcish looking undead cyclops dragon?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 14 Dec 2006, 17:54

goblins on wolves are also in lotr
I thought if something is in lotr it's good :|
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Dec 2006, 18:03

haloswift wrote:goblins on wolves are also in lotr
Yes and if something is in HIV its bad.Those are the universal rules we all should obey,or perish.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 19:00

haloswift wrote:goblins on wolves are also in lotr
There are no goblins in LotR, it's just the hobbit name for Orcs. :tongue:

arturchix wrote:I don't think centaurs really fit in a barbarian/orc town (neither they should in Heroes IV), IMO they are more nature aligned and could appear later as neutral Sylvan units.
Not a fan of greek mythology, are you.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 14 Dec 2006, 19:22

Greek mythology? Unfortunately I barely remember anything from it - it's been years since I've been learning all that stuff at school.

Centaur is a half-human and half-horse therefore I'd more expect them to live in a forest environment (nature aligned, Sylvan town) rather than living in a barbaric community with berserkers, harpies, cyclops and stuff which I found very surprising in Heroes IV.

val-gaav
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby val-gaav » 14 Dec 2006, 19:29

Well in h5 centurs where made by mages by using demon blood (the same is with orcs minotaurs and gremlins)

Anyway knowing this h5 centaur may have a reptilian look and be a part of new stronghold.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Dec 2006, 19:29

First of all,horses are steppe and prarie animals,not forest animals.Second,original centaurs(meaning greek centaurs)were ruthless and vicious barbarians,not peace loving elves(although,these elves dont strike me as peace loving either,but their description says they are,so...).

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 14 Dec 2006, 20:16

Yup, mythological centaurs are good old ruthless boystrous women-raping horse-people who loved a good fight.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 14 Dec 2006, 20:26

val-gaav wrote:Well in h5 centurs where made by mages by using demon blood (the same is with orcs minotaurs and gremlins)
Since when are the beast men created by using demon blood? :|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Dec 2006, 21:18

Darkstroem wrote: Since when are the beast men created by using demon blood? :|
Since ubisoft bought heroes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 21:20

arturchix wrote: Centaur is a half-human and half-horse therefore I'd more expect them to live in a forest environment (nature aligned, Sylvan town) rather than living in a barbaric community with berserkers, harpies, cyclops and stuff which I found very surprising in Heroes IV.
Seeing how the original Centaurs were basicaly the quintesential Barbarians (living in caves, looting, pillaging, stealing ppl wives, being violent drunks, not grooming theselves so they'd look wild etc... ) and how horses aren't forest creatures i'd say that Nature's the last faction they fit in.

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centaur
Like the Titanomachy, the defeat of the Titans by the Olympian gods, the contests with the Centaurs typify the struggle between civilization and barbarism.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 14 Dec 2006, 22:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Darkstroem wrote: Since when are the beast men created by using demon blood? :|
Since ubisoft bought heroes.
512 YSD: Creation of the Beast-men
Beast-men (minotaurs, centaurs, harpies…) are created as servants, playthings, and guards in the Seven Cities. Their stated purpose is to replace the Orcs.
Doesn't mention any demon blood.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2006, 22:47

Darkstroem wrote:
512 YSD: Creation of the Beast-men
Beast-men (minotaurs, centaurs, harpies…) are created as servants, playthings, and guards in the Seven Cities. Their stated purpose is to replace the Orcs.
Doesn't mention any demon blood.
No, but one could assume that without it going against canon. Especialy since they're Orc replacements, and they prob didn't use humans this time, seeing how the Orcs turned out.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”