RMG random starting town question

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

RMG random starting town question

Unread postby Mirage » 03 Dec 2006, 22:53

I'd like to make some 2v2 and 3v3 allied maps for hotseat where you can choose whatever town type you want. This is what I've done:

I go into map editor and create random map with the appropriate# of players. I can assign the players to the right teams, but the RMG automatically chooses the town type when it generates teh map. I delete the town and map a random town for the right player# in that spot, BUT my problem is that all the dwelling buildings nearby are for whatever towntype used to be there when the map was generated.

Am I using the wrong template? I would really appreciate help on setting up random team maps where you can choose your town type and all the dwellings near there are either random or associated with the town type you pick when you go into the map.

IronRush
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IronRush » 04 Dec 2006, 04:30

I have this doubt too man. And I want to know how I make templates. Do you know?

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 04 Dec 2006, 06:19

I'm not even sure that we can make templates. I won't be too worried about making templates once I figure this out.

In the meantime I've been deciding with my friend what Towntype he wants to use before the match then we go into the RMG and create a random map based on the template while specifying the Towntype we wanted to play so that the dwellings will all match and we get the towns we want. Then I just set the teams and load up the game. Not the most elegant solution I'm sure but it's the best I could come up with so far.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”