Random Map Generator

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Random Map Generator

Unread postby vanzagar » 03 Dec 2006, 03:49

Trying to create the largest map size with 8 players, when I generate the random map, there always seems to be atleast one player completely boxed in... surrounded by mounain or forest, with no roads out or anyway out, I'm not even sure in a hero could teleport out... any advice on how to fix this...

I take the random map into the map editor but it never loads... it always gives an error. Six straight time on six differnent random maps I created...

Thanks,

Vanz

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

yo dude

Unread postby Sathasarus » 03 Dec 2006, 17:08

make sure ur using the HOF editor when opening the RGM's. also, if you make a underground it should not box ppl in like that.

as for the editor not being able to open it for you it's more than likely cause you lack the computer power.. wether it be the RAM or processing speed... sure you may make the requirements to play the game but the editor utilizes a lot when loading maps and probably times out as it chokes a little even when i use it on my system.

so try adding an underground and make sure you use the HOF editor to open... it would be nice if you could open the editor and RGM from it then just tweak it from there but i guess ubisoft or whatever has a lot to do in terms of user friendly systems.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 Dec 2006, 03:04

Did you try different templates?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: yo dude

Unread postby vanzagar » 04 Dec 2006, 04:05

make sure ur using the HOF editor s.
I'm using the editor called "H5_MapEditor.exe" located:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V\bin

Is that the right editor?
Did you try different templates?
I tried the only two defaults, can I access more?

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 04 Dec 2006, 04:08

Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V\bina1 should be here. You can make templates I heard but I havent tried it myself.

bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Random map bug?

Unread postby bltbri » 13 Dec 2006, 18:19

Has anyone else had a problem with the game crashing during random map games? More specifically, the game crashes during siege combat, when I'm defending my town. I just get kicked back to my desktop. I created the largest map possible with no underground and 8 players. While I'm at it, I'll ask this as well, is there a way you can choose to be one of the other players or am I always doomed to be player 1? Lastly, what is that 4th option when creating a random map all about? It recommends it only to experienced players. I've been playing heroes since Heroes I so I thought I qualified.

Thanks all!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Dec 2006, 18:21

Did you play inferno or against inferno?There seems to be a bug with gated units in combat.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Random map bug?

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Dec 2006, 19:56

bltbri wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the game crashing during random map games? More specifically, the game crashes during siege combat, when I'm defending my town. I just get kicked back to my desktop. I created the largest map possible with no underground and 8 players. While I'm at it, I'll ask this as well, is there a way you can choose to be one of the other players or am I always doomed to be player 1? Lastly, what is that 4th option when creating a random map all about? It recommends it only to experienced players. I've been playing heroes since Heroes I so I thought I qualified.

Thanks all!
Yes, I get crashes all the time.

And surely someone knows how to decipher the template names.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 13 Dec 2006, 20:37

What is it with templates anyway?What are they and what's their function? ;|
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Dec 2006, 21:21

are you sure? their are always some %%# portals near so it don't matter how large you make the map, the opponent is always close :-\
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bltbri » 14 Dec 2006, 14:47

I haven't had a problems with gating at all. However, the crash would aways occur when I attacked the AI's stack of skeleton archers. But it wouldn't crash on the first attack. I'd attack the stack 3 or 4 times before it would finally crash me to my desktop. Very frustrating.

midnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby midnight » 16 Dec 2006, 18:51

Lot of ppl have had the town siege bug. Difficult to get around. Presume it will be fixed in patch. Would have to be a high priority bug imo.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”