dwarves mission 3 problem :( (heroic difficuly)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
azzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

dwarves mission 3 problem :( (heroic difficuly)

Unread postby azzy » 28 Nov 2006, 14:55

Hi guys! I have been following this board every once in a while since the original Heroes V got out. You are just great guys, keep up the gread community! :hail:

I am sorry that my first post here is a parasite/help topic, but this stuff has been bugging me for 3 days so far and I have run out of strategies for winning this "Guerilla" scenario. I'm playing on Heroic and retaking the dwarven town (main objective) seems impossible. They have 200+ shieldguards (Im talkind end of second month) and 6 magma dragons, apart from the tough renegade army of the hero!! By that time I have liberated the bastard who gave me 50 berz., collected all the neutral dwarven buildings in my way (as well as 1 magma dragon), and still i have no chance in winning the damn battle. I have tried to go through the whole map, get all the goodies and they meet me with an armi of 2k+ dwarves 20+ magma dragons!

Please tell me what am I missing in this map. If you played it on Heroic please tell me how you beat the town. I have played the original campaings all on Heroic, without major problems, but now I just dont see how can I win...

azzy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby azzy » 29 Nov 2006, 19:54

I did it!!!

Just wanted to tell the moderators they can already deleate this thread.

I had to go back one scenario and go for Expert Destructive and Ignite
there are some very nice artifacts to boost the spell damage in this scenario...
And even now I got out of the battle in the castle with onli 38 Spearwielders!

Aurelain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aurelain » 12 Dec 2006, 21:38

I guess I'll have to take the same path as you (going back and getting stronger Magic) :(. Indeed, a difficult mission.

I tried to rush the map, but either you're too weak if you get there in the second week, or the enemy has some 4+ Magma Dragons...

And, even more disturbing, the Quickcombat seems to be more efficient than my own play, since the AI gets _close_ to winning.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Dec 2006, 23:36

I played it on hard and went the hard way indeed.Rushing.By liberating the hero and going almost straighforward to the castle stoping occasionally to flag a mine.As I had no rune of resurrection I would lose and my ignitey fireball would eventually kill all but the 140 shieldguards that I had too few troops to defeat.
Strangely enough when I held my position near the catapult with the gate sturdy enough for the arrow towers to weaken me a lot me(and the moat out of the question) the shielguards came out!!My berserkers finished them effortlessly 8|
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”