Ruins in the Desert bug

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
infael
Pixie
Pixie

Ruins in the Desert bug

Unread postby infael » 27 Nov 2006, 04:19

Anyone played this map? I need the boots of levitation but cannot get to them at all. The building is closed off, and the author hasn't responded to the email I sent a few weeks ago.

Pretty nice map but the game stopper is no fun...
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Nov 2006, 09:02

Um, I am pretty sure to have responded to all mails that i have recieved.
Yes, in one of the first versions there was a passability bug with the boots (If you downloaded the bugged version recently, please tell from which server). Anyway, if you cannot simply walk into the house and pick the boots you may require to give them by a cheat
@GiveArtifact("name", 54); where name is the internal name of your hero. See the tables : http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ames.shtml

Someone on a forum said that it is possible to finish the map without getting the boots, but I do not know exactly what he did for that.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 27 Nov 2006, 15:14

Pitsu, I figured my email might have gotten into your spam folder. :(

The cheat codes don't seem to work after installing HoF. The cheat code line is still in autoexec.cfg, post-install.

I'll download your map again. I live in Colorado so would have used a western server. I downloaded your map right after reading about it in CH news.

It's a really good map with a great plot, BTW. I love doing guerilla raids. :) please make more maps!
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 28 Nov 2006, 06:27

Pitsu wrote:Um, I am pretty sure to have responded to all mails that i have recieved.
Yes, in one of the first versions there was a passability bug with the boots (If you downloaded the bugged version recently, please tell from which server). Anyway, if you cannot simply walk into the house and pick the boots you may require to give them by a cheat
@GiveArtifact("name", 54); where name is the internal name of your hero. See the tables : http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ames.shtml

Someone on a forum said that it is possible to finish the map without getting the boots, but I do not know exactly what he did for that.
I was able to win the map without the boots (or for that matter, the blade as well because both were inaccessable) simply by using the instant travel spell. There's a small gap between blue and green on the southern continant that one can use as a landing place between jumps. (Instant travel) Also one would think that you shouldn't have to use cheat codes if the map was made correctly...
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 28 Nov 2006, 18:22

Pitsu was only recommending cheats because there was in fact a bug in that version.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 02 Dec 2006, 00:34

Wurtzel, I tried to find a way to teleport to the south continent but was unable to. Guess I didn't find that sweet spot. :)
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 02 Dec 2006, 02:05

Unless Pitsu has altered the map, from memory, there's an ore mine owned by blue and a gem mine owned by green devided by a line of trees. I found there's a small patch on land next to the gem mine onto which you can jump.. Basicly all I did was capture blue's ore mine, (ignore the towns as you wont be able to hold them) get as close to the line of trees as possible, cast instant travel and move the mouse around till it showed a landing point. It'd be easier if you zoomed the camera in close... Goodluck
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Darrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Moonblade Inaccessible

Unread postby Darrow » 04 Jan 2007, 08:48

I have the boots and have found the sign post that tells where to find the Moonblade. However, that container will not open. If I right click the container I get a message describing the Moonblade and its characteristics but am unable to pick it up. Help!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Moonblade Inaccessible

Unread postby Pitsu » 04 Jan 2007, 09:32

Darrow wrote:I have the boots and have found the sign post that tells where to find the Moonblade. However, that container will not open. If I right click the container I get a message describing the Moonblade and its characteristics but am unable to pick it up. Help!
**spoiler**

You should have the instant travel spell. Use it to get into the secret cavity in statue.

trolos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thank you Darrow!

Unread postby trolos » 08 Jan 2007, 00:57

Thanks Darrow! I just about gave up on that (awesome) map, when I read your post- worked like a charm :)

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Jul 2010, 17:22

I just finished Ruins.

Firstly, I want to thank Pitsu for making this map and for responding to my question about an item so quickly. I think this is a fantastic map!

Now I have some observations to make:

Although most people found it impossible, I found it quite easy. The last battles were astoundingly easy (was playing on hard). Even quick combat said Danger: Very Low.

I lost almost nothing when killing off my southern neighbor's Zounds and Legions, and only lost a modest part of my army against the super-powerful Nicholai. I cast only one spell once (phantom stack). No dark magic used and battle was over before the second round was over.

However, my experience was due to several unique reasons. I'd like to mention them here so that future players can have an easier time on this map.

If I played again using a different hero/town, I don't believe I can survive a second time.

I had chosen Dungeon and Raelag as my hero. Possibly it was Pitsu's intention, but I simply could not get even basic destructive magic for Raelag. Finally I gave up and allowed him to get dark and summoning.

Raelag had Expert Dark, Expert Summoning, Expert Leadership, Expert Luck, Expert logistics and Expert Empowered. I build up all my Altars of Elements. He also got warlock's luck. Together with my luck artifacts, elemental chain effects and the unicorn's horn bow, my troops were inflicting huge damage per turn.

Raelag's specialty is Intimidate, and I did all I could to buy artifacts to boost them. I had Ring of Celerity, two dragon items that increased large and small creatures' initiative plus the staff of the underworld bought at one of my Dungeon artifact shops.

By the time I confronted Nicholai, I was level 32 and had only used three Sylvan Ancients to level up from level 29. None of the enemy had an initiative higher than 10; none of my units had initiative below 10. My Blood Furies were at Initiative 20.

My phoenixes did most of the damage and I created a phantom stack of them, allowing them to do even more damage very quickly. The enemy only got to move a few times. My fast units seriously wiped them out.

After thinking it over, I felt that my 'astoundingly easy' experience could not be repeated using any other hero or town. I think Jhora and Dark Magic might have a chance, but apparently someone else tried it and failed.

I found this map easy only because I chose an unusual hero, plus luck + elemental chains greatly increasing the damage output. Can you imagine trying to win this with some crappy hero like Cyrus the Spell Twister? Or Ellaine the Peasants' Beloved, trying to kill 500 dragons with her peasants? The Necromancers are also severely disadvantaged here. There is no way that Dark Energy can raise enough dead to be competitive with the damage a warlock army can deal using elemental chains.

I think Isabel might stand a chance here by massing Paladins, but almost everyone else will have a very hard time.

Although Ruins is a great map, it can become unbalanced if you use the wrong heroes or towns.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 03 Jul 2010, 11:11

isn't realag a campaign hero? Correct me if I'm wrong but you shouldn't be able to use him unless you have some sort of mod that allows him to be used.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 05 Jul 2010, 07:40

I dl-ed the latest version of this map from CH (less than 1 mth ago).

When selecting heroes, I noticed Raelag, Biara, Isabel, Markel, Freyda, Godric and Findan were available.

I also downloaded more than 20 other maps and stuck them all in the MAPS folder. So I may have added some mod without knowing it.

However, it seems that the other maps I dled did not allow me to get Raelag, so I guess it is Pitsu's creation.

Kaaywin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HELP

Unread postby Kaaywin » 09 Oct 2011, 15:37

Greetings, i'm stuck! Im searching for the winged boots but i can't find any shoemaker/shop, or this Winged boots. Can someone please tell me how to get this Winged boots? I've been searching for google, other threads and shit to find out how to get them.. But diden't find any leads..

So please just help me with it, i've been playing this map in 2 days haven't figure out it yet xD

Yours,
Robin

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Oct 2011, 17:49

IIRC it was quite in the middle of the desert area. Possibly a sign telling that a shop is here... If you see academy town houses in desert it should be inside one of these. But i do not remember very well and if it is not the Koni's updated version, latest patches may have messed something up.

Kaaywin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaaywin » 09 Oct 2011, 18:40

It's seems like you talking about the Levitation Boots found them in a house in the middle of the dessert, i guess it's this houses you mean.. Just found a sign called "Shoemaker" same please as i found the Levivation boots i have alredy passed down under the pyramid unlocked the Red board guard master. The question is were i find the Winged Boots, how I get them, Do I need a ordinary boots, how do i get them? and wings? combine them with each others? Where do I go when i got this two items or just Winged boots? How the hell do I fly over the mountain to the next part of underground? :o

Can you please upload a Picture where i'll found them? or try to explain better how i really gets them? Thank you very much for your respond!!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 10 Oct 2011, 06:13

I am pretty sure boots of levitation are the thing. Then you need Moonblade and one more artifact and once you have all 3 equipped you can access the tomb in southern desert.

Kaaywin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaaywin » 10 Oct 2011, 06:30

Well.. I got 3 items one called:

Crown of Sar-issus
Boots of levitation - Hero can move over sea
Moonblade.

This is the 3 items i needed and "winged boots" it does my mission say.. Damit, tryed to take a picture but everything just turned to a blackscreen.

How do I fly over the mountain with this 3 items ? I can use my teleport, i cant just click and hope it runnes over.

(Just so you know, i'm in the southern underground, when you passed throuw the red key board guard master).

Thank you.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 10 Oct 2011, 06:58

Hmm, there is no ordinary "stairs up" exit from that underground cave?
I think some people found a way to teleport over the mountains on land without the need of any of the artifacts or going underground, but that was not an intended passage and i do not know for sure where the landing spots are.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 Oct 2011, 08:23

There is no need to fly over the mountains (except to get into the desert at the beginning).
- With the 3 artifacts you enter the pyramid and are teleported into the SE underground.
- You visit the red keymaster.
- You open the gate to the ordinary stairways above. [If you approach the (unordinary) stairways you are teleported above, but only back into the desert in front of the pyramid.]. (Try moretimes to enter the stairs. There is only a little spot on which you are teleported above.)
- You enter the right stairways above.
- You conquer the 2 academy towns and eliminate the enemy there.
- You take your phoenixes as reinforcements (need the wings or "instant travel")
- you enter the one way monolith to the west, where the final enemy awaits you.

[Sorry, I made a screenshot, but how to upload it here?]

Return to “Heroes V-VI”