HELP - Constant crashes when in large castle combat (HOF)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HELP - Constant crashes when in large castle combat (HOF)

Unread postby vanzagar » 25 Nov 2006, 23:55

Thought I'd ask... but is there any possible way to save in the middle of combat or ideas on how to stop HOF from crashing. I've started 3 games now and about 4 hours into the game, whenever I have a large fight in a castle, HOF crashes to the desktop... it only crashes in large castle fights...

I've tried everything I can think of - all programs in the background are off, have latest drivers installed, 1.4 update, run adaware + virus scan... etc

I've even taken the save game to another machine and it still crashes... I'm not sure what else to do but stop playing at this point....

No other game I play crashes this often, my machine is pretty clean and up to date with nothing unusual about it, is anyone else experiencing this? Really sucks...

Thanks for any help...

---system---
Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2, with latest updates from windowsupdate.com
Chaintech nVidia nForce4 Ultra Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU, Model "VNF4/Ultra"
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939P, Mushkin 1GB DDR PC-3200, Cas Latency: 2.5-3-3
Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT, PCI-Express, Model "PX6600GT TDH"
Samsung 160GB Sata, 8MB Buffer, 7200 RPM, 8.9 ms AST
Lite-On 16X DVD Dual Drive, Model SOHW-1633S Beige
ViewSonic G790 19" monitor

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 26 Nov 2006, 08:12

Even with the best program, sometimes things like that can happen. Chances are that something is wrong with the save file and the way it's playing. It probably will work if you restart and got to basically the same point.

Another possibility is a memory leak. That can really only be fixed by a patch.

I haven't noticed the same problem. Since you tried it on two separate computers, I'm much more inclined to think that it's the first solution above. It's unfortunate for that map, but fortunately it shouldn't happen much again.

Demiurg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Demiurg » 26 Nov 2006, 09:50

I also thought corrupted savefile at first, since it's the same on different computers, but it seems he has the same problem whenever he fights large battles in castles? If it is a problem with a particular save game (it's not clear from the post), though, I'd also try with a different save.

My computer always crashed in the middle of a large battle in BG2 TOB - my solution was to go down on resolution and graphics to a minimum just for that particular fight. But that doesn't seem as a valid solution if it happens so often. :/

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Nov 2006, 14:42

yes there is!! :)

it's somewhere in this list \/
http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?s=0b ... wtopic=356

vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vanzagar » 26 Nov 2006, 22:48

God dam it, replayed the same battle six times, trying different settings (600x480 even) and it crashed everytime at different points. I don't think it's a corrupt save game file cause I've tried 3 differnet new games because of this large castle fighting crash.

I'm playing the map
"War of the worlds"
PLaying on Heroic setting - that's why AI is able to attack my main castle
Started the game via -> Multiplayer->Hotseat->Standard->Select 1 player (play this way so I know I'm playing a multi player map)

All 3 games it happens after about 7 or 8 weeks, and only crashes in my main castle with large armies fighting...

Man I think I have to give up playing - feels like throwing my money out the window... grrr... this sucks!!

Vanz

ps. Anyone else playing Heroic setting on map "War of the Worlds"?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 27 Nov 2006, 14:46

War of the worlds is a map from the original game. Does the game crash when you get into a castle siege on one of the maps that came with the expansion...like former friends?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 27 Nov 2006, 15:40

PPL! Dont play old maps in HoF!!
I know its stupid and belive it will be patched soon.

vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vanzagar » 28 Nov 2006, 06:10

Okay, I'll give that a try, thanks for the tip...

Hey is there an easy way in game to know which maps belong to HOF, I don't it listed here:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/610

Thanks again...

Vanz

Return to “Heroes V-VI”