A matter about Zehir... (story spoiler warning)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

A matter about Zehir... (story spoiler warning)

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 24 Nov 2006, 16:17

I think the guy is very merciful, towards Queen Isabel. Were I in his position, I would probably want to punish the bitch who aided my father's murderer...punish as by death. Yeah, without Isabel's aid, Markal would never have been able to kill Cyrus. That makes her responsible, in my book. The second most responsible character in the whole story.

Heck, if Godric didn't want Isabel to be killed, Zehir could just have pretended that he couldn't remove the demonic mark from Isabel, and that hence she had to be killed. Even Godric would have had no choice but to accept that.

But I suppose Zehir is a very good guy. Not wanting Isabel's death, in spite of this guilt on her part, proves that.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Nov 2006, 16:21

Yeah,well most of those characters dont act...how shall I put it...alive.

Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 24 Nov 2006, 16:57

I see what you mean, and I agree. This case is a bit more extreme than most, however. Zehir has a particularly good reason to have a grudge against Queen Isabel. And it is Findan who suggests killing her (granted, Findan has a good reason to hate her, too), and Zehir says "I'd rather not." (along with Godric).

Well, not that it matters much. It is not like the story was Oscar material anyway.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: A matter about Zehir... (story spoiler warning)

Unread postby Pitsu » 24 Nov 2006, 17:08

Mace the Councillor wrote: But I suppose Zehir is a very good guy.
Not really, but unfortunately he is only a toy in Ubival storywritter hands. He will have serious problems when not following their orders, no matter what he actually thinks or feels.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 24 Nov 2006, 17:59

Well, Cyrus was the one who started it, so he fully deserved his fate. Zehir never really shared his views. Besides, it was Markal, not Isabel, who actually killed Cyrus.

Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 25 Nov 2006, 11:54

Sikon wrote:Well, Cyrus was the one who started it, so he fully deserved his fate. Zehir never really shared his views. Besides, it was Markal, not Isabel, who actually killed Cyrus.
That doesn't make much sense. You laugh at someone, so you deserve to die. Cyrus may not have helped the Griffin Empire (and yes, he was an arrogant bastard), but he didn't attack them, either. The Griffin Empire attacked the Wizards. And Isabel is responsible for Cyrus' death, because without her military aid, Markal would never have succeeded to kill Cyrus.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Nov 2006, 12:50

I don't think Zehir was very attached to his father and he certainly doesn't seem a person to hold a grudge.He only sees how the current situation is and acts accordingly not with cold logic but with regards to hunanity as well.Not that he wouldn't care about him but he gave me the impression that he was aware his father would eventually pass away and relinquish the title of the first to him.The one time he mentioned him he spoke neither ill nor in a good manner,he just said he was that way.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 27 Nov 2006, 11:30

Good points, Elvin.

My initial point, however, was that most people would have been less forgiving towards Isabel were they in Zehir's position. Zehir, on the other hand, acted as though there were nothing to forgive.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 27 Nov 2006, 11:36

The academy is painted as a Calculating race with ambitions of power. Maybe there was nothing to forgive in his mind. He knew his father would die one day, and like most Academy he had ambition to be the first. So in his calculations there was nothing to forgive. His ways, true, were a bit more humane then what academy is thought of, but it fits the premisis. He may also felt sorrow for her because she was misled by Markal, and did what she did out of grief.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 30 Nov 2006, 11:08

Good point, Mytilcal.

You folks should not get me wrong. Zehir is probably my favorite of the six main heroes in the Heroes V standard game. It is not like I dislike the character because he didn't have a little bit more of a gudge against Isabel. I think it would have been just a bit more believable if he had.

By the way, I have a strong conviction that Queen Isabel was retarded. She proved Archbishop Randall right when he wanted to replace her. Her actions almost make the worst politician look like a genius. She even damned her husband's soul in her stupidity.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 Nov 2006, 15:36

I knew there was a reason I hated her.Couldn't even tell wrong from right,no intuition.Not to mention her childish behaviour and arrogance.The only way I could see her in a different light would be to see her learn from her mistakes and start doubting herself.Maybe.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”