Caravans

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Caravans

Unread postby vanzagar » 24 Nov 2006, 04:55

Is there any way to turn off Caravans in HOF? Just don't like em, feel they clutter and slow down the game with little benefit...

Thanks,

Vanz

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Nov 2006, 05:06

I don't think so. However, you can just ignore the option. Of course the person you are going up against won't, but if anybody finds a way of turning this off, let me know also :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2006, 19:52

yes if you don't like them just don't use them

vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vanzagar » 24 Nov 2006, 20:34

Obviously I know I don't have to use them, why are you posting really bad replies??

Don't want the computer using them... don't want them used in the game at all, any sides, can that be any clearer??

If you don't know just don't post... in other words your not providing useful input...

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 24 Nov 2006, 20:47

vanzagar wrote: Don't want the computer using them... don't want them used in the game at all, any sides, can that be any clearer??
Don't play Heroes V :rofl:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Nov 2006, 22:34

vanzagar wrote:
Obviously I know I don't have to use them, why are you posting really bad replies??

Don't want the computer using them... don't want them used in the game at all, any sides, can that be any clearer??

If you don't know just don't post... in other words your not providing useful input...
Then don't play with the computer. Just put all players Human and play :D
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 24 Nov 2006, 23:36

talk about piling on...

don't you guys have something better to do?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Nov 2006, 00:04

Sir_Toejam wrote: don't you guys have something better to do?
If we did we wouldn't be here...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vanzagar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vanzagar » 25 Nov 2006, 02:07

wow, so much for a decent community, this is worse than cs... :(

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 25 Nov 2006, 06:12

Well, I do not believe there is an option to turn off the caravans. Perhaps you can see what they can do in the Mod Section. Sadly it looks like if no mod can be made that there is no way of not having it. Personally I find it easier then going to the dwellings (even if some of them are lost to enemy troops).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 25 Nov 2006, 08:33

Mytical wrote: Personally I find it easier then going to the dwellings (even if some of them are lost to enemy troops).
Except that the caravans are behaving as stupidly as an AI hero.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Nov 2006, 10:55

You think this is bad, you should have seen the number of people begging for caravans before they got introduced by the expansion.

I am curious about your original opinion, though:

In what do they "clutter and slow down" the game? I would tend rather to say they make it faster by making it easier to gather troops.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

yankeee80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yankeee80 » 26 Nov 2006, 08:02

I love caravans, but it's very annoying when you have quite a few of them and you get the "some caravans have stopped moving" notice - How do I know which one they mean?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 26 Nov 2006, 08:06

Well usually one of the following has happened. 1 the units can not be included in the destination (you have all upgraded units there or split units or something and they are unupgraded), blocked by a hero, or blocked by creatures. So, in order to determine which ones have stopped moving I suggest you check outside your towns first, near your heroes second, or enemy heroes if you can. Since you may not know which caravan is stopped checking between them and your town would be tedious and hard.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Nov 2006, 09:33

vanzagar wrote:wow, so much for a decent community, this is worse than cs... :(
Your reply to those who told you to just ignore theme was all but decent. Why should the others be decent to you? If you don't like their replies, then just ignore theme.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Nov 2006, 12:30

vanzagar wrote:wow, so much for a decent community, this is worse than cs... :(
It should really be obvious that we don't know, and it's prob not posible.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 26 Nov 2006, 22:20

Mytical wrote:Well usually one of the following has happened. 1 the units can not be included in the destination (you have all upgraded units there or split units or something and they are unupgraded), blocked by a hero, or blocked by creatures. So, in order to determine which ones have stopped moving I suggest you check outside your towns first, near your heroes second, or enemy heroes if you can. Since you may not know which caravan is stopped checking between them and your town would be tedious and hard.
I had the same question when I first got that message, but have figured it out.

Look for the really tiny squares on your mini-map. Ones which can't move will have Xs on them.

It can be difficult to see them in larger maps - small ones (like the campaign maps) show them in much better detail. I wish there was a View Map command, as there was in earlier versions.

All in all, I much preferred the caravans as in H4, but I'll take whatever I can get.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Nov 2006, 22:27

Bethel wrote: All in all, I much preferred the caravans as in H4, but I'll take whatever I can get.
Hey,those were really terrible.Thats why they werent implemented,even though it was possible to implement them in the original game :devil:

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 27 Nov 2006, 06:03

- How do I know which one they mean?
in addition to what Bethel said, you can also find out which ones are blocked by going to the caravan "monitor" screen, and seeing which instances are "greyed" out.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”