Jailbreak blues in HoF

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
camelotcrusade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Jailbreak blues in HoF

Unread postby camelotcrusade » 23 Nov 2006, 03:39

I'm playing the second campaign in HoF and I was instructed to bust a hero out of Jail and then convince him to "enrol" under my banner. Well, I popped open the can and I see a dwarf hero, but he is for some reason given to purple faction instantly and all I can do is trade with him.

I tried loading it back... same thing happens. All he does it make a bee line for the stairs but he won't go up them - and I LOSE in three weeks.

I'm right at the end of week 2 and can't seem to fix it. I'm going to try starting over later... right now I've already played it twice from my load and it's just depressing. Bummer too, since I found random bag of gold treasure.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

galaxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galaxy » 23 Nov 2006, 05:00

if you read the objectives it says you are supposed to clear the path for him. so you gotta stay a day ahead of him. its only like 5 days from where you find him and he leaves the map.
~You hallow out my hungry eyes~

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 23 Nov 2006, 08:44

Yeah, just follow the objectives on that map. The only way I can see you losing the map is if you completed an objective you weren't supposed to do yet. In that case, watch the road very carefully ;).

camelotcrusade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby camelotcrusade » 25 Nov 2006, 00:42

Thanks guys... I wish I could do that. But I can't get past "liberate the hero." He's been out of jail for 4 days, he has a clear path, and my objective didn't update to clear the path like you guys are saying. In fact, there's nothing *anywhere* in my objectives about paths to clear... just to go liberate and "enrol" the guy. So I let him out, killed everything, and he sits at the stairs like an idiot when he arrives and I lose. yay!

Guess it's a restart for me.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Nov 2006, 01:04

make sure the stairs to the surface in the SW part of the map is clear.

make sure there is a clear path to the "exit" on the SW part of the surface from that exit.

he should head up there a few days after you free him, if that way is clear.

camelotcrusade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby camelotcrusade » 25 Nov 2006, 01:31

Update - it's a bug. The objective wouldn't switch over. I restarted the scenario, raced to the tower and noticed not only did the objective change this time, but it also added one to capture a red town. I should be good to go now!

I wanted to report this bug to Nival but I'm not sure how... I still have a bugged save game I can send them.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 25 Nov 2006, 01:34

ahh, yup.

put it in the buglist sticky at the top of this forum.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”