The invasion - bloody pain in my neck

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Z.Z. Tob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The invasion - bloody pain in my neck

Unread postby Z.Z. Tob » 22 Nov 2006, 23:24

Hellas fellow fans of the HoMM games!

I purchased the fifth edition of this great series lately and so far i really enjoyed the campaigns. But now I'm stuck on the invasion of the necromancer campaign.
When I first started it everything envolved great and i easiely defeated the castles, gathered the artifacts, raised 1000 skellys and went to confront the last castle on the map. When I got there Cyrus escaped with the last artifact ( a ring of some sort, can't remember right now) and I received a new mission objective: Raise 20 bone dragons...
Pathetic... i raised a whole ARMY of bone dragons spectral dragons and what else i could bring up, but I just would not get the update. And i cannot confront Cyrus ( read: i cannot move through the teleporter that cyrus used to escape my breed) because when i try to step through it ( with my hundrets of bone dragons) i get told that i need to raise 20 bone dragons first =/

First thing i tried was patching the game. Easy enough. I downloaded the 1.04 patch, installed it and ran the game again. My savegame still wouldnt advance so i restarted the mission (gruntingly, cause the map is damn huge)
but now - NOW the shit really hit the fan. I am, regardless of all efforts, not able to win this damn mission. As soon as i capture the first city from the orange player the incredibly huge elven army comes to crush my lovely queen and will haunt her wherever i send her. Well i defeated that army with malak, but after i did, the orange player came to eradicate my heroes.

I stopped counting how often i restarted the mission and i'm really getting pissed now (ginuine falling down-style)
I even tried to cheat me through the mission, but not even THAT seems to work, because the console will not open since i patched to 1.4.
I havent been able to find a trainer fo 1.4 either so right now I'm desperately looking for any last straw i can put my hopes on.

-_-

Pls help
Ben Franklin say's fucking BURN IN HELL!!!!

Z.Z. Tob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Z.Z. Tob » 23 Nov 2006, 01:36

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbout 5 tries later i ripped all my hairs out and gonna explode in 3 ...... 2........1..........
byebye

rust888
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rust888 » 23 Nov 2006, 01:43

personally, when i played this map

i avoided that elven army like the plague. once i saw them coming, i armed isabel with a decent army, ran her up north and shoved her in a sanctuary for the rest of the map. then mopped up with malak. that elven army usually will take one of ur southern bases and sit there for the rest of the game. also, near the end of the map when you've owned orange, just sail malak back down south and take care of the elves at ur leisure. it's not necessary to finish the map, but damn is it fun. :devil:

as for the bone dragon problem, ive never had that happen before.

Z.Z. Tob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Z.Z. Tob » 23 Nov 2006, 05:00

ill try to avoid them via the sactuary - thx for the tip

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 23 Nov 2006, 13:51

On that map I left neutral dragons around the map. Then when I got the objective I collected them. Then you have to take them to the castle near the teleporter in order to achieve the objective.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 23 Nov 2006, 15:49

I've read this before it's a bug
but I had 25 spectre dragons when I even got the objective and could walk trough so maybe you need to upgrade them

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 23 Nov 2006, 16:12

I built Markal wrongly and he couldn't take on the first Wizard army that I met. It was enormous - 1k Master Gremlins, 255 Archmagi, 30 Titans, 1k Obsidian Gargoyles, 505 Iron Golems and 50+ Rakshasha Rani. My Markal learned Summoning Magic (?!), Attack, Defense, Logistics...he had no mass spells and his only spells in battle were Raise Dead and Phantom Forces...my opponent cast Deflect Missiles on the Obsidian Gargoyles and proceeded to pound me and my 3k Skeleton Archers to death with that single stack (all the others died in the crossfire).

So I gave all the creatures to Isabel and she won the battle with no problems. You might try that if a similar situation occurs. And, try not to let the Wizard player join his forces - the above situation happened when I took the Northwestern town and two Wizards came looking for me. The turn before we engaged one Wizard took the Necropolis town I started with. I believe the second Wizard used the Summoning magic spell (can't remember what it's called) to warp creatures from that Necropolis town to himself. That's why he had such a huge army.

The Elven army I found to be no threat; the entire army died without any casualties on my part. The problem is the Wizards, and if push comes to shove you should try Isabel as the leader.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 16:39

I'll say this. The AI seems better, even if it is VERY fustrating, lol.

Z.Z. Tob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Z.Z. Tob » 23 Nov 2006, 20:47

woots, the sancuary was the tip to turn the table - thanks man, i'm finally done with that damn map

Return to “Heroes V-VI”