HoF... does it really exist?!?!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Jay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoF... does it really exist?!?!

Unread postby Jay » 21 Nov 2006, 17:22

Okay, I live in Asheville, NC and I've got a question; does the Hammers of Fate expansion pack actually exist or is it a figment of Nival's imagination? These are the stores I've wasted my time going to; Best Buy, Circuit City, Target (just out of sheer morbid curiosity) and GameStop (who, btw, hasn't even heard of it)... wtf? Does anyone know if EB would carry it? We've got one of those but I'm not wasting gas if it'll be yet another fruitless adventure...

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Nov 2006, 17:25

The person who got it for me got it directly from the Ubi sight, so I have no clue. The rest that looked for it indeed didn't find it. All I can say is keep calling/asking.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 18:02

EB Games has it. It's on their site.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 21 Nov 2006, 18:20

The secret is guessing the way they have it recorded in their database. Is it under 'Might and Magic', 'Heroes of Might and Magic', 'Heroes V', or 'Hammers of Fate'?

You should find it at Best Buy if you can guess the title.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Re: HoF... does it really exist?!?!

Unread postby erased. over. out » 21 Nov 2006, 21:19

Jay wrote:Okay, I live in Asheville, NC and I've got a question; does the Hammers of Fate expansion pack actually exist or is it a figment of Nival's imagination? These are the stores I've wasted my time going to; Best Buy, Circuit City, Target (just out of sheer morbid curiosity) and GameStop (who, btw, hasn't even heard of it)... wtf? Does anyone know if EB would carry it? We've got one of those but I'm not wasting gas if it'll be yet another fruitless adventure...
I didn't have a fun time looking for the game myself. I'm in California, by the way. Best Buy has possibly one of the most unorganized websites ever, as their search engine sucks donkey butt. I picked up mine at Best Buy 3 days after its release date! They didn't have it on time. The best thing would be to call the store(s) before wasting gas. Circuit City doesn't have a big selection of games, so you're better off calling your local EB Games store before taking off. Good luck!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Nov 2006, 23:29

It is also available on Amazon.com.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mivo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mivo » 22 Nov 2006, 05:07

Well, in Germany it's been in the shops for a few days. I picked my copy up yesterday. (It's physically sitting on my desk. *g*) Will be a few weeks before I get to it, though, still not done with the HoMM5 standard campaign. (1.04 finally fixed some of my issues with the game, i.e. creatutes being collected in dwellings.) Was pretty inexpensive, too, little over 20 Euro.

Mithras
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mithras » 22 Nov 2006, 08:15

Mivo wrote:Well, in Germany it's been in the shops for a few days. I picked my copy up yesterday. (It's physically sitting on my desk. *g*) Will be a few weeks before I get to it, though, still not done with the HoMM5 standard campaign. (1.04 finally fixed some of my issues with the game, i.e. creatutes being collected in dwellings.) Was pretty inexpensive, too, little over 20 Euro.

Hurra !!!

Another one possibly capable of speaking german !

Willkommen !
It's only Rock 'n Roll (but I like it)
Proud bearer of the caladont-nerd plaque

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 22 Nov 2006, 11:50

I went to best buy and asked about it. It wasn't on the shelf but when I asked they pulled it out of the back.

Jay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jay » 24 Nov 2006, 19:40

Alrighty, went to EB and they had one copy left so here it sits on my desk... umm... okay, this may have been asked before in another thread (apologies if so), but before I even crack the case open is there anything I should know about this expansion? Such as, will it affect my existing games? Does it automatically include patch 1.4 or is it recommended that I download that first? Will it change the interface drastically? Just a few things... if the answers to any of the above are yes then I'm finishing all of my existing games before this thing gets installed...

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2006, 19:57

hehe lucky for me in the netherlands we have this GREAT site www.bol.com
it's really trusthworthy and they have like everything I pre orderd the game 1 day before realease and got it the day after

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Nov 2006, 19:57

It includes 1.4 but it is called 2.0 if you have HoF from what I understand. So may want to finish your other mission first.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NeXaR » 26 Nov 2006, 00:32

I have another problem; I pre-ordered my HoF copy (when you pre-order your copy, it is supposed that you'll get it the day of release). Well, HoF is released, but GameStop is going to start selling it thursday 30th (at least here in Spain. This is the last game I pre-order in GameStop.

At least we spanish have the lower price in Europe and the world I think: 9,95€ (19,95€ the original HoMMV the day of release) :-D
Common sense is commonless of senses

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Nov 2006, 13:56

9,95€ !!!!
holy shit I payed +/- 27,00€

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NeXaR » 30 Nov 2006, 16:20

At last, my HoF copy have arrived!

Going on test now... :D

@Haloswift
Yes, 9'95€, Ubi sells their games here in a ps2-platinum-like series called "Codegame" (the strange thing is they are sold "platinum" from the day of release, not after some time, but that's perfect with me :D).

EDIT: perhaps JJ, as Ubi worker, could give me a clue of the reasons for this special sales policy only in Spain...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Nov 2006, 16:48

haloswift wrote:9,95€ !!!!
holy **** I payed +/- 27,00€
ImageImageImage

Oh,and didnt someone mention a bit earlier how youd have to wait a long time to get the game for 10$? :devil:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Nov 2006, 17:58

Mod note: No crack discussions here, please.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Nov 2006, 18:01

Um,that wasnt a crack discussion as far as I know.The game can be downloaded legally because it is being sold online as well as in stores.

NeXaR
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NeXaR » 30 Nov 2006, 18:21

Crack discussion? I'm talking about buying a physical and legal copy, not downloading or something like that. From where have you deducted this?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Nov 2006, 19:01

NeXaR wrote:Crack discussion? I'm talking about buying a physical and legal copy, not downloading or something like that. From where have you deducted this?
No,not you.But someone mentioned that if you dont want to walk you should download the game.Again,that can be done perfectly legal because the game has a downloadable version for sale as well.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”