GRRR!!!! Need Help on Infero Campaign, Mission 3

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

GRRR!!!! Need Help on Infero Campaign, Mission 3

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 06:10

Need to Capture 3 Elves Towns.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I keep getting over powered....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Nov 2006, 07:14

Here are some tips:

First,forget the inferno town,and concentrate on sylvan troops.Build inferno only a bit for money.

Speed is of the essence here.Strike fast and strike hard.

If you took phantom forces in the previous map,it will be much easier.

Remember that you dont have to put all your units on the BF.Sometimes less is more.

I dont know if this works with all the versions,but spawning of neutrals is connected with the southern sylvan town.If you leave it for later and go for the northwestern one first,gilraen will not collect all those abnoxcious stacks.

If you still have problems,check the walkthrough.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 21 Nov 2006, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Nov 2006, 07:16

https://www.celestialheavens.com/551

That is a good place to start. I would suggest is that you always split your druids/druid elders when you get them. Also, use Phantom Force if you can. Especially on said druids. If you have swift gate I would keep at least the hounds in your army. When faced with ranged units, gate some of them in to tie them up for a bit (attack if upgraded is especially nice). If you have Teleport Assult (think inferno gets this at least) then follow up by teleporting the real thing into the frey as soon as possible. Now, once you have a sylvan town, upgrade only druids at first. Get all the basic buildings, but upgrades will probably wait do to lack of resources. Once you have all the basic (besides possibly dragons) then upgrade hunters. Oh and have a sylvan hero also. Now as much as it is tempting, do not take treants out of your towns for awhile. They are tough and give your towers some time to wittle down the enemy. Keep them in town and let their numbers grow. (if you have very few it still helps to split them up when attacked as this will give the towers time to do some more damage and mean you loose only a few creatures to defend also). Chain cerebri to you main guy, and leave the others to your 2ndary hero who is not sylvan. Leave your 2ndary sylvan (if you can get one) to gather close sylvan troops from their buildings and use those to spread farther out. Anyhow, your main hero should be flagging everything he can, and taking out anything that he can. If you do get one of the top towns first then you will be all set :). Fight the enemy heroes (until you pretty much rule the map) only in towns if you can help it (so they face your towers as well) and takes time for them to get their ground troops in. This limits your casualties and forces more on them, even if you loose.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Nov 2006, 07:28

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 14:23

Don't concentrate on the inferno town...that's what I've been doing...hm....

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Nov 2006, 15:04

The mission is also a bit easier if you patch your game, but you probably already did that.

I hate those missions where you need to figure out a pattern after a couple of restarts.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 15:14

I'm probably on my 4th restart right now.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GRRR!!!! Need Help on Infero Campaign, Mission 3

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Nov 2006, 15:32

The Mad Dragon wrote:Need to Capture 3 Elves Towns.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I keep getting over powered....
Patch up to 1.2 - I think that's the easiest patch to finish it with. If you're good, you should have it wrapped up by start of week 3, owning 3 towns in total and be free to finsih the map at your leisure.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 15:36

I have the 1.4 patch...sooo yea...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 21 Nov 2006, 16:55

for a mad dragon... you are kind of helpless ;)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 18:00

oi vey.......

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 21 Nov 2006, 18:40

DaemianLucifer wrote:Here are some tips:
Speed is of the essence here.Strike fast and strike hard.
A.k.a Expert Logistics is godlike like in previous mission on that campaign. Actually it is quite simple strategy in this mission: concentrate on capturing those 3 towns as fast as possible = stick to the the road ;)
"...a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. "
- Raoul Duke

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 19:46

Hard to do that when you have lack of creatures.

Demiurg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Demiurg » 21 Nov 2006, 21:31

Sort of hate the mission already, although I haven't come that far yet. I really dislike the first battle against Gilraen, as he takes out my dear Nightmares (or Pit Fiends when I tried that). No matter what I do I come out of that initial fight with a lousy army - so the mission feels bad from the start.

Also, according to the walkthrough, it is crucial that I should capture as many mines as possible to get the resources going, but of course I lose a couple of demons here and there, so when I capture the first town, my army is a miserable joke. It can hardly beat a couple of Priests. And that is just the beginning. Bleh.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 21 Nov 2006, 21:42

Capture the town first, then go mine hunting.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 22 Nov 2006, 00:12

Demiurg wrote:Sort of hate the mission already, although I haven't come that far yet. I really dislike the first battle against Gilraen, as he takes out my dear Nightmares (or Pit Fiends when I tried that). No matter what I do I come out of that initial fight with a lousy army - so the mission feels bad from the start.
Don't deploy them. It took me a long time, but I won that battle with a total loss of 7 Imps.

Demiurg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Demiurg » 22 Nov 2006, 09:26

Banedon wrote:Don't deploy them. It took me a long time, but I won that battle with a total loss of 7 Imps.
That's a good idea. I always deploy the whole army, which of course is stupid at times. Less is more. But those Blade Dancers are very powerful, slicing through my imps like margarine. How could you stop them with so little sacrifices?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 09:48

Demiurg wrote: That's a good idea. I always deploy the whole army, which of course is stupid at times. Less is more. But those Blade Dancers are very powerful, slicing through my imps like margarine. How could you stop them with so little sacrifices?
You will also learn that you can kill an army of treants with nothing more than a single sprite.The key here is that your hero is an army on his own,not just because of spells he has,but because he can attack with a weapon as well.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 22 Nov 2006, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 22 Nov 2006, 09:50

Gating. I can't remember the battle exactly, but I gated creatures everywhere. I did use the Pit Fiend. The unit that killed the Imps were the Druids; everyone else just aimed at the gated creatures.

It's the ranged creatures you have to worry about. Blade Dancers you can wipe out by absorbing their retaliation and then pounding on them (Cerberi help a lot).

Demiurg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Demiurg » 22 Nov 2006, 11:29

Speaking of which - are there any battle strategy guides? The walk through is great, but it sort of takes it for granted that you are an experienced HOMM player.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”