Some features I miss in Heroes V...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 20 Nov 2006, 20:37

The Mad Dragon wrote:Well, Medusa was Queen of the Gorgon's, so maybe they'll make a Gorgon race
You never know. But here is where we have the clash between Greek and Hindu Mythology: the Medusa/Gorgons and the Nagas, respectively. I think they would make a fine team :D .

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Nov 2006, 20:48

Hmm, I suppose you're right. So long as the 7th lvl unit is a huge fucking Naga :D

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 20 Nov 2006, 22:04

erased. over. out wrote: 2. Medusas and Nagas (fingers crossed for the next expansion)
What's so cool about those? I never seem to understand why some people are so crazy about Nagas...

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Nov 2006, 22:07

You know, I can't honestly explain why I like the naga's. They just really appeal to me.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 23:07

The Mad Dragon wrote:How would you make Medusa's an entire race>?
See here and here for some examples.
theLuckyDragon wrote:I liked those too, but apparently in the development of H5 one of the ten commandments was "less clicks", so now we don't have anymore texts when we pick up an artifact, for example. Ah well, it's not a great loss, IMO.
Yes,but we still have to click on windmills every week :devil:
The Mad Dragon wrote:Well, Medusa was Queen of the Gorgon's, so maybe they'll make a Gorgon race
No,she was one of the three gorgons,the three sisters.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 Nov 2006, 03:03

1. The Fog of War. Losing it is a big loss indeed to the Scouting tree.

One more thing I'm glad to have back:

1. Capitols. Having to contend with 1000 gold / turn in Heroes IV wasn't the best thing and it slowed down the building of castles. Besides, it sure looks nice to have your flag flying high above your capital.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Nov 2006, 03:05

Banedon wrote: 1. Capitols. Having to contend with 1000 gold / turn in Heroes IV wasn't the best thing and it slowed down the building of castles. Besides, it sure looks nice to have your flag flying high above your capital.
Yes,but it was compensated by really low market prices.Im not really thrilled that they are as ridiculous now as in HIII.Besides,in HIV we had lords that added quite a lot to economy.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 21 Nov 2006, 03:10

I miss New World Computing and 3DO.

Mace the Councillor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mace the Councillor » 21 Nov 2006, 15:00

The Mad Dragon wrote:You know, I can't honestly explain why I like the naga's. They just really appeal to me.
I agree. They are awesome creatures. Both cool in appearance and conceptually, strong, and enemies couldn't retaliate against them (at least not against the upgraded version and the Heroes IV version. They always were well worth their price, and very cool to have, too.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 Nov 2006, 15:49

More things:

1. Though I've yet to reach the Dungeon campaigns (slow, I know) there appears much more power in Destructive Magic compared to the other magic trees. This is definitely an improvement.
2. Marketplace :) DaemianLucifer pointed out just how useful the Heroes IV Marketplace can be. The Heroes III / V versions just cost way too much gold.
3. Flaggable Windmills / Water Wheels, etc. This is something Heroes IV has over Heroes V. It greatly reduces the micromanagement and saves time between turns.
4. Ability to use creatures alone as an army, another thing Heroes IV has that Heroes V does not. This aids greatly in early-game exploration and (at least for Heroes IV) allows you to use two heroes in an army as soon as possible.
5. Much more powerful war machines is an improvement for Heroes V.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Nov 2006, 16:06

Mod note: One thing I won't miss is all the spam that was deleted right now. Keep on topic, folks.
Last edited by Gaidal Cain on 21 Nov 2006, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

zarakand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zarakand » 21 Nov 2006, 16:10

Fog of war and the barbarian town are the two things I miss the most. Though I'm thrilled with the simultaneous turns, not how I would have implemented it, but it's better than before.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 21 Nov 2006, 17:10

I miss heroes 4 :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Nov 2006, 01:30

Banedon wrote: 4. Ability to use creatures alone as an army, another thing Heroes IV has that Heroes V does not. This aids greatly in early-game exploration and (at least for Heroes IV) allows you to use two heroes in an army as soon as possible.
More importantly,this liminates chaining and forces you to carefully plan deployment of your armies to the front lines.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 23 Nov 2006, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 23 Nov 2006, 13:34

Heroes V HoF lacks dwellings for neutral creatures (such as Death Knights, Wolves, Manticores and so on).

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 23 Nov 2006, 14:12

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:The game has too few spells. HOF added some more adventure objects, which was sorely needed, but unfortunately it added no new spells except dwarven rune spells.

I miss sea decorations. There needs to more stuff to spice up the water with.

I would like to see the barbarian town brought back too.

Simultaneous retaliation.

GOW
Simultaneous retaliation would be the thing i miss the most,since i lost hope they will ever again reconsider adding heroes back to battlefield like in h4

all other posts shows how much good improvements are in h4

creatures without hero on the adventure map was also good idea,imo
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

Return to “Heroes V-VI”