Brawlers/Berserkers

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Dudu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Brawlers/Berserkers

Unread postby Dudu » 19 Nov 2006, 23:36

Has anyone find any use of the dwarven tier 4 unit. They have lesser stats than the bears and the AI tends to aim at them. And compare to the other tier 4 units they are a joke. I dont know if its a good idea to buff them for balance reasons but I think that the most enjoyable factions to play is the ones when every unit has its role to play in an army(like Haven)

galaxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galaxy » 20 Nov 2006, 00:04

beserkers are awesome if you know how to use their special. my fav fortress unit B-) and i cant stand the bears, seems like they do such little damage while their knockback is only useful part.
~You hallow out my hungry eyes~

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Nov 2006, 01:24

galaxy wrote:beserkers are awesome if you know how to use their special. my fav fortress unit B-) and i cant stand the bears, seems like they do such little damage while their knockback is only useful part.
I like the bears. :) They are a solid tier 3 unit. Paw strike not only knocks back(so it does not suffer retaliation), it destroys all the initiative its victim had built up, so I'd say it is a pretty decent special for a tier 3 unit.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2006, 01:32

Bears and skirmishers somehow scream soldier's luck.Unless they have a fixed probability of trigerring ;|
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 20 Nov 2006, 02:08

yea, soldiers luck would work great with this town.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Brawlers/Berserkers

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 09:00

Dudu wrote:but I think that the most enjoyable factions to play is the ones when every unit has its role to play in an army(like Haven)
What place do milita have in the army?Or peasants?I never ever remove them from my castle.

As for soldiers luck,you do know that not everything was affected by it in the original,so maybe some of those new abilities arent affected either.Someone want to check?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Nov 2006, 09:05

the AI tends to aim at them
well, there's a reason to put some in your army right there.

heck, late game a few sprites can make the difference in a castle siege, as the AI and towers always target them first.

it's like meat shields for the rest of your crew.

Dudu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dudu » 20 Nov 2006, 11:09

The problem to have sprites as a meatshield is pretty obius. There base weekly growt on hp is 60! Thats about half as good as the second worst unit has. 8|

Militia on the other hand is a perfect unit as cannonfodder but thats not the same thing as saying that militia is a better unit than sprites. As in a game of football you all need both strong defenders and fast running wingers if you know what I mean.

The problem with berserker on the other hand is that they die to easily to fight on their own and their special is hard to use when fighting near your own troops. But I must say that their +4 growt building is pretty ok

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 11:36

Dudu wrote:The problem to have sprites as a meatshield is pretty obius. There base weekly growt on hp is 60! Thats about half as good as the second worst unit has. 8|
Um,sprites are meatshield because AI targets them first,thus you just need to stick them in corner and let the enemy slaughter them.Militia however poses no threat to the AI,thus its not such a good meatshield.You can only put it in as blockrs.Its as useless as zombies.I never even make them,peasants are much better because they give you money.

Dudu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dudu » 20 Nov 2006, 12:15

[quote][/quote]

Peasants can be useful in early game because of their money special. But later militia has often proved to me as a winner. Knights often gets Vitality and(or) battle frenzy. These skills are custom made for miltia who can take more than twice the punishment compare to peasants (and sprites) If you battle against small neutrals they dont have that much to do but in larger battles they really makes a different

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 20 Nov 2006, 12:25

Well I prefer to kill my opponent rather than take hits so I would rather train them to marksman or squires if you need a tank. Also depends on how much gold you can spare.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 13:24

Yup.Peasants->archers->crossbowmen is way better than peasants->militia.

Dudu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dudu » 20 Nov 2006, 13:52

If you had all the money in the world then of course its better to make them marksmen. But often you dont. The thing with militia is to use them as a offensive unit. They are ment to take enemy reatiations and if they die you wont cry because they get the most cheapest hp in the game.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Nov 2006, 14:19

How do you make peasants into archers? Yes, I have palyed Haven, but I have never came across that option.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2006, 14:21

You need to build training grounds(?).It allows training for a price and also building hall of heroes reduces the price by 40%.Can't recall if the buildings are available in the campaign but they should be.
- Metathron

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Nov 2006, 14:26

Yea, I built those, but I still didn't see the option to turn peasants into Archers.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2006, 14:29

In the interface(in town) to the left there is a circle with options.When you build training grounds the central button is not grey anymore.Pressing it will enable you to train if you have a knight.It has a conscript symbol.
- Metathron

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Nov 2006, 14:32

Ohhh, that thing. Yea, I've never really clicked on it.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 20 Nov 2006, 14:51

I usually skip the brawler. If the resources and gold are flowing bountifully I will build up a big army of them and sacrifice them to the enemy to stuff them up...so teleporting them in front of enemy archers or blocking movement of big ground troops works.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”