Snow

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Nov 2006, 18:57

Either that's a joke on the word enough, or......

but anyways, since when have Vampires been from the eastern? Aside from Dracula.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 19:00

Dracula was never been that far in the east.But did see you how those vamps look like now?

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 20 Nov 2006, 19:18

There is a page in French that explained vampires in Ashan. I do not know if the original information source was official, but if it was, then the information probably is an excerpt from Ubi's "Might & Magic World bible".

Edit: Found it here +
Automatic translation

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2006, 19:34

It all makes sense.As Fabrice said the number of expansions has already been decided.But...There is the matter of reserving a few more features for the next expansion.At least we'll get some the next time,they can't have dumped the idea.I can't even get angry at that...They are causing apathy....
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 22 Nov 2006, 15:53

Eternor wrote:There is a page in French that explained vampires in Ashan. I do not know if the original information source was official, but if it was, then the information probably is an excerpt from Ubi's "Might & Magic World bible".

Automatic translation
I'll try to get in touch with the team of this site to know where the info came from.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 22 Nov 2006, 21:44

they need that spell from h3 that give one stack extra retaliation

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 22 Nov 2006, 22:36

I was hoping they'd "leak" that info sometime soon. I hated biting my tongue for so long. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 23 Nov 2006, 10:06

Marzhin wrote:
Eternor wrote:There is a page in French that explained vampires in Ashan. I do not know if the original information source was official, but if it was, then the information probably is an excerpt from Ubi's "Might & Magic World bible".

Automatic translation
I'll try to get in touch with the team of this site to know where the info came from.
I asked the webmaster of heroes-fr concerning the page about the vampires, the texts were written by a member of their forum and are in no way official. Same thing for their text about the dragons.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 23 Nov 2006, 22:23

Nagas...eastern town.....BLAH! Where are my barbarians??!!!

This is really bad news....

Naga town...Why not cyclops town? Or maybe Leprachaun town?

No WAIT, why not an italian themed town? With pizza makers, mobsters and other fun stereotypes??
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 23 Nov 2006, 22:34

Why not have both Naga's and Barbarian's?

kloraff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kloraff » 23 Nov 2006, 23:23

I would personally be quite satisfied to see the next expansion be an oriental style, water based Naga faction on tundra terrain. Then, for a 3rd and possibly final expansion, an orc driven might faction on rough terrain. I think that would be consistant with the direction Ubival is taking H5 and would tie in the missing races logically based on hints we've already been dropped in the campaign storylines to date.

I would also just like to add that I have overall, despite some bugs that have irked my obsessive compulsive personality, enjoyed the Heroes 5 game so far and like the fresh new direction the game has taken. I feel that it was in fact appropriate for the snow terrain to have been left out of the campaigns in the original game. Having said that, if it existed in the game files they could have made it availiable to, at the very least tease us with, some of the single scenario maps. This would have been a neat way to build up to the expansions, if even it had been done only in patches.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Nov 2006, 23:31

Romanov77 wrote: Naga town...Why not cyclops town? Or maybe Leprachaun town?
Because they decided to go with nagas,simple.They decided to go with unity through races,so some races will be overlooked,while others will be much more present.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 24 Nov 2006, 08:22

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Romanov77 wrote: Naga town...Why not cyclops town? Or maybe Leprachaun town?
Because they decided to go with nagas,simple.They decided to go with unity through races,so some races will be overlooked,while others will be much more present.
Why Nagas? They dont seem to be a hugely popular creature....

Orcs would have been a better choice.

Its time for Heroes of Magic V to turn into Heroes of Might & Magic V....
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Nov 2006, 08:51

Why not nagas?Why elves in dungeon?They couldve used soemthing else instead of another elven town.But the fact is that they used nagas in their story,thus nagas will most probably appear in the next expansion.Either them or orcs.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 24 Nov 2006, 10:13

You wanna know why naga ? Ill tell you.
Because nival is trying to make H5 a TBS copy of WarCraft3. Some elements of design, color palete, Nicolas == Artas, Dead Nickolas == Dead Artas, Cutscenes, Snowy War3 addon and Snowy H5 addon. Nagas in the W3 addon, nagas in H5 addon.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Nov 2006, 10:17

Ah,but there were orcs in WCIII,and there are dwarves in HV :devil: But considering the jukebox,the shiney auras and chubby units,yep,its pretty much like WCIII.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 24 Nov 2006, 10:49

DaemianLucifer wrote:Ah,but there were orcs in WCIII,and there are dwarves in HV :devil: But considering the jukebox,the shiney auras and chubby units,yep,its pretty much like WCIII.
But did WCIII suck ass like this "game"?

I dont think so... WCIII was (is) a quality product,
This game,, whatever it is (sure no Heroes-game)
is just a jolly joke.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 24 Nov 2006, 10:55

Laserluger wrote: But did WCIII suck ass like this "game"?

I dont think so... WCIII was (is) a quality product,
This game,, whatever it is (sure no Heroes-game)
is just a jolly joke.
WTF !? Does attempt to "copy" elements of somethng great should make the result great by default ? Hell no!

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 24 Nov 2006, 12:43

If they go with Nagas as a separate faction/town we might also see all kind of serpents in that town like: Giant Snakes, Lizards, Gorgons (though not serpent but Heroes 3 Fortress, anyone ;) ), Basiliks, Dragonflies, Wyverns...etc. Even some new creatures would go nicely with that faction like: Giant Spiders, Lizard Shamans, Yuan-Ti (reffering to D'n'D games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale...) etc.

On the other hand along with serpentish/insectish type of town, we might get good old Stronghold with all kinds of greenskins :)
Last edited by Gljivko a.k.a Vortex on 24 Nov 2006, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
"...a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. "
- Raoul Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Nov 2006, 12:47

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex wrote:Yuan-Ti (reffering to D'n'D games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale...) etc.
Mixing yan-ti and nagas is not so briliant because they are very much alike.Still it beats having just nagas.
Gljivko a.k.a Vortex wrote: On the other hand along with serpentish/insectish type of town, we might get good old Stronghold with all kinds of greenskins :)
You mean grey skins :devious:

Oh,and heres a small naga town proposal of mine.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”