Snow

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Snow

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Nov 2006, 15:10

They removed one of the classic terrain types of the serie, just to bring it back as a brand new feature in the expansion.
That's low.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Nov 2006, 15:30

If it was just that...
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 19 Nov 2006, 15:59

edited: On second thought, this has been repeated too often... ;|
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 19 Nov 2006, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 19 Nov 2006, 16:04

Evil, evil Nival, how could they do that, let's boycott Heroes V for it and punish them!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Nov 2006, 16:19

I think i'd rather boycott it for everything else first. :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 19 Nov 2006, 17:24

That's low.
Agree

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 19 Nov 2006, 18:37

I don't bother. It comes with the new race as its native terrain, that's just logical.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Nov 2006, 18:43

arturchix wrote:Evil, evil Nival, how could they do that, let's boycott Heroes V for it and punish them!
Man, you're pathetic. If you don't see what's wrong with it, then I feel sorry for you.
I don't care much about a specific terrain type at all. It is only a very minor part. What bothers me, is the way how the creators of the game are thinking. If Nival had decided, that they won't use the snow terrain, because it is uninterresting and/or bad for the gameplay and/or story, it would be OK for me. They did however remove it, just to have something to add in the expansion. Along with other missing features. This way you have to buy one or more expansions to get a full game. A cheap marketing trick.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 19 Nov 2006, 19:23

Veldrynus wrote:
arturchix wrote:Evil, evil Nival, how could they do that, let's boycott Heroes V for it and punish them!
Man, you're pathetic. If you don't see what's wrong with it, then I feel sorry for you.
I don't care much about a specific terrain type at all. It is only a very minor part. What bothers me, is the way how the creators of the game are thinking.
Why, thank you for the kind words, actually I also feel pity, only for those who for some reason boycott the game. And actually you are quite pathetic to find another silly reason to blame Nival, that's why my previous post.
If Nival had decided, that they won't use the snow terrain, because it is uninterresting and/or bad for the gameplay and/or story, it would be OK for me. They did however remove it, just to have something to add in the expansion. Along with other missing features. This way you have to buy one or more expansions to get a full game. A cheap marketing trick.
If only all fans were so informed like you - you are stating your assumptions like they are a known fact.

Don't like the game? Fine, then don't play, pray for Nival to die quick death and make more of posts like your 1st one, that surely is constructive criticism.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 19 Nov 2006, 19:30

surely is constructive criticism.
It sure is. No one seem to care though

Fine, then don't play
Jesus, not again. When you guys write such things dont forget to add: "And say goodbye to this game-series you like. Accept it and stop bothering us, nival and ubi"

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Nov 2006, 20:01

arturchix wrote: If only all fans were so informed like you - you are stating your assumptions like they are a known fact.
You don't have to be incredibly smart, nor study expert level marketing to understand what's their strategy. This one is too obvious.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 19 Nov 2006, 20:01

You're the one who talked about boycott here artuchix, Vel didn't. I don't know who is to blame for the missing snow in the original game, but be it nival or the marketing of ubisoft, it's lame.

And about that "Don't like the game? Fine, then don't play", well, what could I say, such a constructive comment... If you don't like the comments, don't read them. :tonguehands:

The snow terrain, along with a full bag of other features, should have been in the original game, and it wasn't. If nobody says anything about it, H6 will have a grass terrain only, and each expansion will bring a new one.

Now who knows what will be in the next expansion? Maybe a real and full user interface, since some people say a bit of it, aka paperdoll, was found into a patch, that may be a good omen. :tsup:
Image Spiritu Insanum

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Nov 2006, 20:26

I'll try to explain it:
There is a difference between the bare product itself and its' contents. We buy a product based on the assumed contents, wich is a sort of promise made by the publishers. In the case of games, this promise is FUN. We buy it, and we get the FUN. That's what we are paying for, not the PRODUCT.
Without the FUN, the game is like an empty package, a simple product. In case, it gets too obvious that a specific game is only a software to be bought/sold, the fun begins to dissapear. I loved "Baldurs Gate 2" because it was fun, and there was nothing to remind me about the economical role of the product itself. Heroes 5 is exactly the opposite.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 19 Nov 2006, 20:30

You're the one who talked about boycott here artuchix, Vel didn't.
uh, if my irony meter isn't on the fritz again, I'd say that arty was being sarcastic.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Nov 2006, 20:35

arturchix wrote: If only all fans were so informed like you - you are stating your assumptions like they are a known fact.
The ones that read carefully are.There was snow in the files of the original game,but those files were not used.That means that they either wanted to use it to market the expansion or didnt know how/didnt have time to finish implementing it,and that I doubt very much.

Oh,and wellcome back V.It wasnt fan bashing the game on my own :devious:
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 19 Nov 2006, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Nov 2006, 20:36

We know that he was sarcastic, but that does not make his post less stupid.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 19 Nov 2006, 20:42

Veldrynus wrote:Along with other missing features.
This is what *I* dont understand. Is there some general understanding about what features have to be in a heroes game? Like certain terrain, amount of this and that? Did I miss something here?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 Nov 2006, 20:50

Jolly Joker wrote: This is what *I* dont understand. Is there some general understanding about what features have to be in a heroes game? Like certain terrain, amount of this and that? Did I miss something here?
Agree. It isn't like Ubival told: "And the featire you all wanted: Snow!!! This is something every fan dreamt about having again!"
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 Nov 2006, 20:54

Veldrynus wrote: Man, you're pathetic. If you don't see what's wrong with it, then I feel sorry for you.
I don't care much about a specific terrain type at all. It is only a very minor part. What bothers me, is the way how the creators of the game are thinking. If Nival had decided, that they won't use the snow terrain, because it is uninterresting and/or bad for the gameplay and/or story, it would be OK for me. They did however remove it, just to have something to add in the expansion. Along with other missing features. This way you have to buy one or more expansions to get a full game. A cheap marketing trick.
IMO, it is what expansions are for: Completing and expanding the game. I can't even imagine some games without theme. It feels like they are uncomplete.

In fact, it is the same like 3D0/NWC. Why did they add combination artifacts in expansion when they could easily put theme into original. Why did the add object-brushes in expansions. Why did the gice Campaign editor in expansion? Why did they add peasants in expansion?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Nov 2006, 21:12

Sauron wrote: IMO, it is what expansions are for: Completing and expanding the game. I can't even imagine some games without theme. It feels like they are uncomplete.
Don't see where where the problem is? These games are DESIGNED to feel incomplete. Why implementing all ideas in the original release? How about using some of them as an excuse to SELL a few expansions ? This way the same game can be sold twice or even more times!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”