Confused with HOF RMG!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Confused with HOF RMG!

Unread postby Sir Alock » 17 Nov 2006, 20:45

Hi All: Ok...Can't I "pick" the races I want to play in the RMG? Here's what I do...I create a small RMG map (no underground) & when I go to start it, it randomly uses races & I can't change them! Also...How does one delete a map within HoMMV: HOF? Sorry...Sounds silly but I need some help!

Alex

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Nov 2006, 20:51

Open the editor. THEN create an RMG. From the editor you can create maps with random starting towns.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 17 Nov 2006, 21:01

Any chance we'll be able to do that ingame later?Where did they spend their time if not making a good( :| ) rmg?I'm glad everything can be fixed with a patch but this should be a priority if it is to improve.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 17 Nov 2006, 21:45

Jolly Joker wrote:Open the editor. THEN create an RMG. From the editor you can create maps with random starting towns.
JJ: Nice...That's fixed it! Should be able to do this in-game. Seems sloppy & stupid too boot!

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Nov 2006, 22:23

Well... yes.
And they didn't include the water part (how much water should the map have) which will come with... you guessed it.

Patching Eternal!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Nov 2006, 22:49

I am compeled not to bash ubival by my word,but whats your excuse for going out of character? :devil:

zarakand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zarakand » 18 Nov 2006, 08:33

his check is late...

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 18 Nov 2006, 10:03

Jolly Joker wrote: And they didn't include the water part (how much water should the map have)
Im not surprised. I belive its something like:

"Wisdom that nival's CEO have learned from UBI is that heroes community discover bugs much more effective than testers team. And the best thing - that they do it for free."

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 Nov 2006, 04:16

zarakand wrote:his check is late...
So you are personally attacking jolly joker now? Real nice community feeling, what do you contribute to the discussions except Nival sucks?

zarakand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zarakand » 19 Nov 2006, 05:33

Better than defending a disappointing product regardless of over whelming evidence to the contrary. Often, I view JJ's posts with the same enjoyment I viewed the Iraqi Information Minister news briefs when the US first invaded Iraq.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 19 Nov 2006, 07:46

Let me interrupt this catfight with a couple of comments about the RMG.

In the maps I've made, there are always 8 regions, each with a single terrain type. Each has one town and those not occupied by players are left as neutrals. There is always a main road that runs straight to a staircase, which will be guarded.

There will be a Sawmill and Ore Mine in the immediate vicinity of each town. Other Mines will appear often and will have level 2 or 3 guards. There are resources and gold everywhere, usually with level 1 or 2 guards. Other buildings appear randomly. I have not seen an artifact. I have not seen a level 6 or 7 neutral.

Has anyone seen something different? And can anyone explain the templates.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Nov 2006, 07:58

How many templates are there anyway?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 19 Nov 2006, 16:30

DaemianLucifer wrote:How many templates are there anyway?
It appears there are just three -- the default and two custom ones. They warn you that you need to know what you are doing to use the custom templates, but they don't say why or how they affect the result. I'm guessing it is possible to create more. I should search around for the files.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Nov 2006, 20:26

So again wait for the proper documentation(probably a fan made one),and then for some patches?*sigh*it seems that my new shot at HV will be when the second expansion gets fully patched,so in at least a year.Oh well,there are other games to enjoy anyhow.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 19 Nov 2006, 23:09

Heroes 5 RMG is totally useless for me...

Why can't you (in hotseat mode) set your players to Human/or AI(pc player). I always play Heroes with my wife in hotseat mode against the pc players but it seems if you pick hot-seat every player has to be a human player, you can't pick 6 players and set 2 of them as human and 4 as AI/pc ... from the moment you pick hot-seat every player you enter is a human one, crappy job Ubi...
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Nov 2006, 23:16

Wait for a patch,or learn to use the editor,stop being a whiner :devil:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2006, 00:23

Well said DL! :devious:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 20 Nov 2006, 03:23

Toejam wrote:Heroes 5 RMG is totally useless for me...

Why can't you (in hotseat mode) set your players to Human/or AI(pc player). I always play Heroes with my wife in hotseat mode against the pc players but it seems if you pick hot-seat every player has to be a human player, you can't pick 6 players and set 2 of them as human and 4 as AI/pc ... from the moment you pick hot-seat every player you enter is a human one, crappy job Ubi...
I create maps from the Single Player menu. That gives you a two player hotseat map with the other players played by AI. You can turn each of the players on off or AI as you like. Does that suit you?

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 20 Nov 2006, 11:09

Caradoc wrote:
Toejam wrote:Heroes 5 RMG is totally useless for me...

I create maps from the Single Player menu. That gives you a two player hotseat map with the other players played by AI. You can turn each of the players on off or AI as you like. Does that suit you?
Thx for the decent and helpfull reply ;)
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Return to “Heroes V-VI”