Buying Hammers of Fate?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Buying Hammers of Fate?

I have bought/intend to buy Hammers of Fate
57%
I have no intention of buying Hammers of Fate
25%
I am undecided at this time
18%

Total votes: 68

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Nov 2006, 18:26

I have a good performance too (unlike Dark Messiah), but the game struggles a bit when I move the camera around, looking for hidden treasure, or when I zoom out to get an overview of the map (I get the feeling the game tries to show too much detail when we zoom out -- it should hide the small objects and focus on the landscape instead). Shorter computer turns would be nice too.

Axem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Axem » 18 Nov 2006, 19:38

I had pretty good performance from H5 on my computer too but there were some stutters on bigger maps. I just got HOF and I can see a pretty big difference. Things are much smoother for me. I loaded up Myythryyn's
"Playground of the Gods" XXL map which was a little slow in places on H5 but much better with HOF. Granted, I haven't played much of the map yet but so far it's great. Using the HW cursor instead of the default one helps my performance too. Can't really see any difference in the time for the computer turns so far.

Mivo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mivo » 22 Nov 2006, 16:37

Bought it yesterday, but it'll be a while before I'll get to it -- still have a bit of the original campaign left. I bought another game, so when I saw HoF sitting there for about 20 Euro, I picked it up. When I installed it (well, I had to install it at least! :P), I noticed that I now have two EXEs, two editors, two update tools ... somehow I feel the expansion could have been implemented a more seamlessly. The original game will also not start with the HoF DVD in the drive (and vice versa). Not a biggie, just another thing I feel could have been done more user-friendly. But anyway, I'll probably get to the new campaign around Christmas.

As for HoMM6 ... I was thinking about that just earlier. I have no idea how well HoMM5 has been selling, but I figure whether or not we'll see another sequel will depend on the sales of the current version. So wanting a HoMM6, but not willing to shell out a few bucks for HoMM5, may not necesarily be an ideal approach. Over here, HoMM5 is around 25 Euro now.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Nov 2006, 16:42

I have no idea how well HoMM5 has been selling
It's selling good, but lots of people want to resell it again. Thing to consider.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 1979 » 22 Nov 2006, 17:17

I plan to buy it, but not until I find it on sale somewhere.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 22 Nov 2006, 17:23

No intention to buy. I've kinda lost interest in HoMM since its basic design is an RPG singleplayer game with lots of tactic and a little strategy in it.
I'm waiting for Disciples III and the fantasy TBS from Stardock.

Btw, Atari wouldn't sell the rights to Master of Magic to Stardock for 6 figures! That's 100.000$!!!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”