System requirements

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 08 Jan 2006, 01:11

Whatever, the marketing department has decided so those are the requirements :devious:
Image Spiritu Insanum

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 08 Jan 2006, 11:54

I think these are the temporary requirements and I think the real requirements will be lower.
Just to make sure that no people would complain after ordering it.

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 08 Jan 2006, 12:19

I think it will work fine on my comp :)

P4 2.6 GHz
512 MB RAM
128 MB GeForce FX 5600 XT
3568 MB SWAP (I Might increace it :D)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jan 2006, 13:01

I don't think Ubi wants to make the game require so high specs that many of the fans will be unable to play it - it just wouldn't make sense. Therefore, I think recommended requrements will be 128 video card and 1G RAM; something many (most) of us have today. And upgrading our PC's is not impossible (it just costs a bit of cash) - another RAM chip can be got over the web; a bit more trouble with the video card for those with laptops.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 09 Jan 2006, 18:27

i hope there will be not necesary the pixel shader and that will be necesary a under 1Gh procesor

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 10 Jan 2006, 16:47

Xenofex.XVII wrote:I think it will work fine on my comp :)

P4 2.6 GHz
512 MB RAM
128 MB GeForce FX 5600 XT
3568 MB SWAP (I Might increace it :D)
Too bad, I would say.
You do not even scratch the surface for the requirements for the upcoming(this Spring) new O.S. called: Windows Vista.
Vista requires a 256 MB videocard for extreme video experience and, your Half, physical, current RAM. 256MB will not suffice to play H5 onto Vista O.S.
BTW, the swapping thing does not really matter, only the real, physical one, does.
Good news is, you do not have to change your whole system. Only add another 512MB RAM card + an ATI Radeon 9600 at 256Mb graphics card and, voila. Your all set for another 2 to 3 years of hardcore gameplay.
Good Luck(you'll need it)!!!
;)
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2006, 17:41

Nonsense.

You have the new Vista, do you?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jan 2006, 18:07

Looks like you have very dark humour Orinopax, well , but...

you aren't required to have Windows Vista to play HeroesV. Right now Windows Vista are far far from to be implemented or recommended as they are still in Beta.

BTW Vista glicks could be switched off in order to reduce memory usage, very possibly. And "detail" bar won't get so much power.

So Xenofex.XVII configuration seems to be good one. Even if here is still question of RAM, as usually, more is better ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2006, 18:17

Note also that requirements for Heroes V have not been divulged yet.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2006, 18:30

Kalah wrote:Note also that requirements for Heroes V have not been divulged yet.
But we do know the ones from the Beta. So people that meet the Beta ones should be able to run the game without problems. And everyone can speculate the final reqs based on the Beta ones. :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2006, 19:05

... and how do we know the ones from the Beta? Surely the beta testers have not violated the NDA...? 8|

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 10 Jan 2006, 20:39

Windows Vista.
Vista requires a 256 MB videocard for extreme video experience and, your Half, physical, current RAM. 256MB will not suffice to play H5 onto Vista O.S.
BTW, the swapping thing does not really matter, only the real, physical one, does.
;)
I'm not going to need Windows Vista.
and beleave me, SWAP realy means something. games ran with bad 384 MB and now they run great with 3568 MB :D
Last edited by Xenofex.XVII on 16 Jan 2006, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

lord_crusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lord_crusader » 10 Jan 2006, 22:15

Kalah wrote:... and how do we know the ones from the Beta? Surely the beta testers have not violated the NDA...? 8|
Fabrice saids the requirements in that chat before the beta select... so that is not a Closed Beta Information...
yay :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2006, 22:45

My point was that even disclosing you are a beta tester is against the NDA... ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jan 2006, 23:00

Kalah wrote:My point was that even disclosing you are a beta tester is against the NDA... ;)
And that has to doo what with the reqs for the Beta, which are usually given before the Beta so that aplicants can tell if they can run the game?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 11 Jan 2006, 16:38

Kalah wrote:My point was that even disclosing you are a beta tester is against the NDA... ;)
He meant about the Beta version(not yet released to anyone I would know) of Windows Vista.

Vista's beta requirements are still available to read and for your own analysis's planning for it(O.S.) onto the Microsoft.com(U.S.)web-site.

As it is very well known, as a solid hard fact, Vista will be available into two formats: 32bit processing machines and, 64bit processing machines.

So, low end machines, 32bit Edition and, high end machines, 64bit Edition.
Like I said in my own previous post, all you'll need is plenty of RAM and that high performing 3D/DX9(c or not) 256Mb video card. You might need a new surround sound set of speakers and a new sound card for all that will be music and sound played both in the same time during combat scene(same a HoMMIII and HoMMIV).

I guess that I've clarified a lot of things here, about two betas on the test run simultaneously can become tedious and confusing at times.
:D
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 22 Jan 2006, 18:57

Kalah wrote:I don't think Ubi wants to make the game require so high specs that many of the fans will be unable to play it - it just wouldn't make sense. Therefore, I think recommended requrements will be 128 video card and 1G RAM; something many (most) of us have today. And upgrading our PC's is not impossible (it just costs a bit of cash) - another RAM chip can be got over the web; a bit more trouble with the video card for those with laptops.
I think that you are probably right. The bottom line for all games in the near future will be 128MB video && 1GB main memory.

I would love to see (and would pay extra for) some form of a laptop mode for the game where it would be playable with a "cruddy" video subsystem and some sort of memory upgrade.

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 22 Jan 2006, 19:12

Windows VISTA :disagree:
:D

I should get LINUX (I heard i'ts hard to use and that's a challange) :devious: as soon as i make some free disk space ;|
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jan 2006, 08:38

My specs are good enough for HV I think ;|

AMD Athlon 2,08 (2,6) Ghz

768 Mb DDR-SDR Ram, 2-3 years old :devious: but works very good for KOTOR! Gotta get 1G to summer

GeForce XFX 6800 Ultra 256mb, that card kick ass, but as always there are some better.

111 GB (now 90 free)

Brooooandband 100 Mbts

AD-AWARE, a must
Norton Internet Security 2005 also a must

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Jan 2006, 14:53

Well, I was going to get more memory for Civ4 anyway . . .
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”