Official - Hammers of Fate Has been Released

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ramparter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ramparter » 16 Nov 2006, 16:45

Long live www.play.com.
I ordered the Silver version(original+expansion) for just 27€ :D

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 16 Nov 2006, 19:21

ramparter wrote:Long live www.play.com.
Wow, that's REALLY cheap. O.O

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 16 Nov 2006, 19:42

Sir Alock wrote:Maybe so...But I spend @ least $100.00 on a Friday night partying with either the wife or the boys. $30.00 saves me money! As for the patching....It's not a perfect world is it? Looks like I'lll have my hands full with the expansion this weekend & you won't.
That's a good point. When I consider how much a typical weekend costs, $30 doesn't sound so bad.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 16 Nov 2006, 19:49

ramparter wrote:Long live www.play.com.
I found it for 21 euros on a local site. Won't be buying it anytime soon though.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 16 Nov 2006, 20:22

Mace the Councillor wrote:I am going to buy it as soon as I can get my hands on it. Hopefully, that'll be tomorrow.
I am not buying it until the next patch for sure. Or maybe even until some other patches after the next one. Or until they've fixed the stupid crashes that came with 1.4.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 16 Nov 2006, 20:42

Sir Alock wrote:
soupnazii wrote:no way im getting it. im not spending $30... maybe for 10 or something, but until then i can live without the expansion. what i really want to see though is a picture of that snow ape already!!
Ummm..SoupNazi? Guess your faith is true then, won't spend the $30.00 for the full retail price & looking for the "Jewish" bargain @ $10.00? Good luck! It won't happen until it's 12-18 months out my friend.
its not the jew talking, just the guy with better things to spend $30 on than an expansion... im not saying its a bad expansion - i think the game is great and the addon too probably - i just think i can probably live without it for a while... plus i think your forgetting ebay, my friend. i bet within two months ill be able to find it there for 10-20.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 16 Nov 2006, 20:42

ps
and does anybody have a picture of the snow ape yet?

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 16 Nov 2006, 21:38

soupnazii wrote:
Sir Alock wrote:
soupnazii wrote:no way im getting it. im not spending $30... maybe for 10 or something, but until then i can live without the expansion. what i really want to see though is a picture of that snow ape already!!
Ummm..SoupNazi? Guess your faith is true then, won't spend the $30.00 for the full retail price & looking for the "Jewish" bargain @ $10.00? Good luck! It won't happen until it's 12-18 months out my friend.
its not the jew talking, just the guy with better things to spend $30 on than an expansion... im not saying its a bad expansion - i think the game is great and the addon too probably - i just think i can probably live without it for a while... plus i think your forgetting ebay, my friend. i bet within two months ill be able to find it there for 10-20.
add on $10-$20 for shipping :P

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 16 Nov 2006, 21:39

soupnazii wrote:ps
and does anybody have a picture of the snow ape yet?
why are you going banana's over an ape

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Nov 2006, 22:39

AngelEyes wrote:
Sir Alock wrote:Maybe so...But I spend @ least $100.00 on a Friday night partying with either the wife or the boys. $30.00 saves me money! As for the patching....It's not a perfect world is it? Looks like I'lll have my hands full with the expansion this weekend & you won't.
That's a good point. When I consider how much a typical weekend costs, $30 doesn't sound so bad.

Man, you ppl seem to have too much money. Send some my way if you find 30$ so little.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Obnoxio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Obnoxio » 16 Nov 2006, 23:23

Yes $30 bucks doesn't go as far as it used to.
I can win/lose that in one hand of Poker playing just 5/10 limit.

GrowlingDog
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby GrowlingDog » 17 Nov 2006, 08:28

$30 doesn't even get me HJ at a run down whore house these days. I tell ya the world has gone crazy.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Nov 2006, 10:00

@GrowlingDog
Well why do you think all those Italians come to my coutry?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 17 Nov 2006, 15:07

well just to know the game costs 25 euro let's calculate
25X1,27=31.75!!
and you guy's think you have it bad?

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 17 Nov 2006, 17:44

I wonder what Ubisoft's expectations for this game are. This game didn't receive much hype and I've noticed that the Heroes 5 boards have grandually emptied out while the buzz around Dark Messiah dropped off very quickly.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 17 Nov 2006, 18:01

vicheron wrote:I wonder what Ubisoft's expectations for this game are. This game didn't receive much hype and I've noticed that the Heroes 5 boards have grandually emptied out while the buzz around Dark Messiah dropped off very quickly.
Considering the sales I would say around 90% of what the main game sold.

But considering peoples reactions towards Nival and the main game game I'd say it'll 60%.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 17 Nov 2006, 19:34

Well then lets find out, shall we?

Blackrazor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blackrazor » 19 Nov 2006, 23:44

Hey all. Long time reader, first time poster.

I bought HoF today and installed it. It has some... 'quirks'. I've only played it for about 15 minutes so far, but heres what i noticed.

1) The misspelled the Dwarf faction. I dont quite know what a 'Fotress' is, but its certainly not a stronghold of some sort. Sounds more like a sexually deviant woman, to be honest.

2) The Dwarf faction doesnt start out with any heroes in random maps? I played 'Warlords', and noticed that you arent given the choice of hero, its left at random. Then, upon starting, you have no hero. And when you go to recruit one from the Tavern, it doesnt follow the logic of the other towns where you have 2 heroes, one of which is the type associated with the town and the other of which is random. In the dwarf town, both are random, so i had to pick between a Wizard and a Necromancer, to run round with my dwarves with. Odd.

Anyway, hi, will post more as i come across it :)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Nov 2006, 23:58

Hey Blackrazor!
1)I think they meant to type fortress :devious:
2)Yeah a nasty bug.In random maps and maps from original H5 you get no dwarven heroes.It will be corrected in patch 2.1 but for now you can edit the maps from map editor.Just enable the dwarven heroes and the new artifacts for the map you wish to play.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 20 Nov 2006, 16:50

Just got a copy for x-mas (early) from one of my female friends. Now to call off the hunt with the others :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Return to “Heroes V-VI”