Unfair Spell

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Amis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amis » 02 Dec 2006, 00:12

my only point is that, at EOB, if you only have totally raised stacks left, it means you have essentially "null" stacks, and that hero disappears after the battle (so yeah, you can "win" the battle, but you still lose your hero).
Do you know if you lose your hero completely in this situation.

In situation happened to me I won the battle, lose my hero, but my hero was allowed to hire again from tavern.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 02 Dec 2006, 00:17

Amis wrote:
my only point is that, at EOB, if you only have totally raised stacks left, it means you have essentially "null" stacks, and that hero disappears after the battle (so yeah, you can "win" the battle, but you still lose your hero).
Do you know if you lose your hero completely in this situation.

In situation happened to me I won the battle, lose my hero, but my hero was allowed to hire again from tavern.
yes, that's what i meant by "losing". you win the battle, but lose your hero. In my case, the hero was not available at the tavern afterwards; not sure what the difference was.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Dec 2006, 00:59

It depends if you win with animated creatures in your town or outside of it.Outside you'll lose your hero.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 02 Dec 2006, 01:34

Ahh, well that clears it up then.

thanks

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Dec 2006, 08:41

Sir_Toejam wrote:and yes, I'm absolutely sure about the end result if all your stacks are completely raised, having experienced both the AI losing to me, and myself losing to the AI and human players with raised only stacks.
Then that's a change from one of the later patches. I know I had to restart due to an AI hero surviving with only raised units once.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 02 Dec 2006, 13:02

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Sir_Toejam wrote:and yes, I'm absolutely sure about the end result if all your stacks are completely raised, having experienced both the AI losing to me, and myself losing to the AI and human players with raised only stacks.
Then that's a change from one of the later patches. I know I had to restart due to an AI hero surviving with only raised units once.
I know that in the campaign it happened as you describe but is different on 'regular' maps.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Dec 2006, 13:21

I remember a huge fight in duel mode
I won but all raised and summoned stacks dissapeared

mm 2 min ago got my ass kicked cause I only had fire element and phoenix on the field, so It seems atleast 1 stack of YOUR stack must be alive
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 04 Dec 2006, 03:31

That's why I call the raised dead is unfair spell. Undead units of Necromencer will be brought back "alive" after the combat end. But the living units are only raised ( not alive ), so after the combat, they will be dead again. The hero can't bring them back after the combat end.
If we want to bring the living units alive, we have to cast "resurrection" which is level 5 spell !

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 04 Dec 2006, 08:00

ecsunotos wrote:That's why I call the raised dead is unfair spell. Undead units of Necromencer will be brought back "alive" after the combat end. But the living units are only raised ( not alive ), so after the combat, they will be dead again. The hero can't bring them back after the combat end.
If we want to bring the living units alive, we have to cast "resurrection" which is level 5 spell !
When, in the name of god, will the people understand that Raise Dead is linked to a weak army made of vulnerable and fragile troops? Never I think...

Do you know what is unfair? Unfair is when a necromancer with S.Power-15 and Expert Dark Magic casts Mass Slow, and later some stupid knight with S.Power-1 and Basic Ligth Magic casts Mass Haste, annulling the necromancer's spell.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Dec 2006, 08:09

I disagree with Necromancers having weak creatures, but this is not the place to discuss that :). Raise dead is helpful even to non-undead in certain situations (like you don't have ressurrect and need a few more troops to buy some time for your heavy hitters). I use it mostly for retal stealing troops. Go in with your formally destroyed troops and they are destroyed again by retal but then the creature they attack can not retal (usually) against your more heavy hitters (raising teir 1 creatures is great for this :) ). Do I care if they have 10% less hp when doing this? No, as the extra 10% probably won't matter. Now ressurrect on the other hand has a different task. Bringing back those heavy hitters. Their job is to do as much damage as they can before getting destroyed. So wait till they have about 80% of the original stack left and ressurrect them. That way you don't really loose hp there are just more of them to divide the same ammount of hp :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 04 Dec 2006, 08:41

Adicto wrote: Do you know what is unfair? Unfair is when a necromancer with S.Power-15 and Expert Dark Magic casts Mass Slow, and later some stupid knight with S.Power-1 and Basic Ligth Magic casts Mass Haste, annulling the necromancer's spell.
Is that your real experience ? Have you experienced casting mass haste by your super hero but nullified by mass slow of stupid enemies hero ?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 04 Dec 2006, 16:43

[quote]That's why I call the raised dead is unfair spell. Undead units of Necromencer will be brought back "alive" after the combat end. But the living units are only raised ( not alive ), so after the combat, they will be dead again. The hero can't bring them back after the combat end.
If we want to bring the living units alive, we have to cast "resurrection" which is level 5 spell ![/quote]

YES when creatures die they are supposed to STAY dead, it takes a level 5 spell or an archangel to bring them back, meaning it's not usual to bring creatures back
necro creatures all allready dead so they can't die, their body get's unable to fight or whatever raise dead enables the body to fight again
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes V-VI”