how can I get the game to show the console?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

how can I get the game to show the console?

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Nov 2006, 17:58

title explains much of all
I KNOW WHAT FILE I have to adjust the line but where do I have to post some lines:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o enable the console in-game, you'll first have to edit your autoexec.cfg file, found in your GAME_FOLDER/profiles (open it with Notepad or something).

Paste this as the last line, after the line mainmenu:
setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
does that mean I just have to space and then paste the line???
Second, edit the input.cfg file in your profile, which you will find in "My Documents/My Games/Heroes of Might and Magic V/Profiles/YOUR_PROFILE". In the "Common section" (in the beginning of the file), add this line:
bind show_console '`'
just where and I mean exactly where do I have to paste, between what lines?

plz make usefull post here cause I'm about to feed the game to the dog

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Re: how can I get the game to show the console?

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 12 Nov 2006, 19:27

autoexec.cfg:
// Startup
mainmenu

input.cfg:
// obsolete, but strictly need for compability with some interfaces
bind close_window 'ESC'
bind confirm_action 'ENTER'
bind confirm_action 'NUM_ENTER'

//debug keys
bind show_console '`'

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Nov 2006, 19:35

it works :)

dantivirus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dantivirus » 17 Nov 2006, 03:40

Well tried it with HoF and there is no autoexec.cfg in the HoF profile folder. Tried copy/paste from my MM5 profile but no luck. Anyone know how to get the console to show in HoF?
Apt 667. Neighbor of the Beast. His name is Bob.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Nov 2006, 10:04

no, there is no autoexec.cfg, so if it doesn't work for you by just editing the binding key into the input_a1.cfg file, then try the following:

the friggin idiots had to, for some reason that escapes me, create an entirely new profile directory and files that contain exactly the same friggin data as the original version, but with different names.

*sigh*

I guess it was too much to ask that they assume we would want the same setup for the expansion as for the original.

so here's what you have to do (if it's not already working for you)...

in addition to modifying the input_a1.cfg file in your new profile directory, which should look something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Hammers of Fate\Profiles\Toejammer

you need to go to the directory for the game itself, and the profile directory THERE:

E:\Heroes of Might and Magic V\profiles

and find the file:

autoexec_a1.cfg (sneaky bastards!)

add the same line you normally would add to the autoexec.cfg for the normal version:

at the very bottom.

copy that file to your personal profile directory for HOF (the documents and settings one).

done.

that works fine for me.

NOTE:

you can get the console to pop down simply by adding the binding keys to the input_a1.cfg file, but the cheat codes themselves will not work unless you add the autoexec_a1.cfg file to your HOF profiles directory.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 17 Nov 2006, 14:59

o well
I want the console since it's nice to know what the comp is doing but cheats are welcome, since when I'm playing the game with a friend, they don't wanna wait till they get all the recourses (since that takes some times with 2 players) but just give them some

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Nov 2006, 15:08

nvmnd

Return to “Heroes V-VI”