Heroes that are 'born' without potential for racial ultimate

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dracmar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes that are 'born' without potential for racial ultimate

Unread postby dracmar » 12 Nov 2006, 17:32

I've heard everyone complain about how difficult it is to get the ultimate ability (urgash's call, unstoppable charge, etc), and how you have to get fairly crappy skills in order to get the ability... but this fact I just realized now after playing for a few months and it hit me like a ton of bricks:

A lot of heroes can't get the ultimate, period.

Nymus, for instance, starts with basic luck and the associated magic resistance. Thus, he can't get dead-man's curse which is a pre-requisite for Urgash' call.

Is this really true? Am I missing something? It seems to be just too much to handle, that on top of all the difficulties with getting the ultimate, you could start with a hero (or both your starting heroes even), that can't get the ultimate because of their starting skills.

Crazy. Somebody please confirm this.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 12 Nov 2006, 17:36

yup, ultimate are broken, just download the patch that fix them.
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Nov 2006, 17:44

While I disagree with that,it doesn't actually matter.Even if you play a map that allows you to reach 25-30 lvl can you guarantee you'll get correctly all lvl ups?Or if you do,how much of an advantage will your opponents gain by having better options in ther build?Chances are that you will either not keep up with them(especially if you go dungeon ultimate) or you'll win before getting the ultimate :(
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 13 Nov 2006, 00:31

If getting the ultimate is important to you theres a mod that makes it easier to get ive used it myself works great.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Nov 2006, 04:39

yes the mode, I meant mode , is great. Thank you trojam, because without it go and try to get rage of the elements, weak ultimate and needing plague tent ...
Well not as weak as haven ultimate thought !!
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Nov 2006, 04:58

I think that it is actually a good idea to have at least a few of the heroes without the prereq's to get ultimate, it forces people to try and use some of the other skill choices (or only use certain heroes at least :D )

adds a small amount of replayability/strategy .... doesn't do it very elegantly though :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 13 Nov 2006, 05:16

Well, I thought apparently Nival thought some heroes starts with such advantages that they don't need ultimate skills after all (maybe because they can win before their enemy get the ultimate).

For example Nymus, with Gate Master, Swarm Gate, Swift Gate, and Phantom Image you can get to gate very large number of creatures at level 30, it would be unfair if he get Urgash Call too.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Nov 2006, 07:34

In going for the Ultimate, you have to decide whether it is worth all the 'junk' skills and abilities you are going to have to take to get there. Now it could be that heroes on the Ultimate path just don't happen to suit my style of play, but I have a different idea for how I like to develop my heroes. In most cases there are skills and abilities outside the Ultimate track that I find far more beneficial than the Ultimate itself.

So I'd say it makes sense to provide a diverse selection of heroes, some that can get the ultimate and others better suited for other purposes. Overall, the starting skills and abilities seem to fit well with the special skills and biographies of the heroes.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Cabreva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabreva » 14 Nov 2006, 15:46

I think that each heroe should have at least two different ultimates, each one for a different building; or then two different buildings for the same ultimate.
Some variability is always welcome =)

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 18 Nov 2006, 01:22

I think hundreds of people have mentioned it dozens of times already, but games are usually decided before heroes go over level 20. In fact, for competitive games, they're decided before you get level 7's.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 18 Nov 2006, 01:28

but games are usually decided before heroes go over level 20
which is exactly why i made that mod that allows heroes to get their faction's ultimate special somewhere between level 16 and 20.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 18 Nov 2006, 08:51

Cabreva wrote:I think that each heroe should have at least two different ultimates, each one for a different building; or then two different buildings for the same ultimate.
Some variability is always welcome =)
There are already 2 "ultimates" per hero, well more like 1 ultimate and 1 semi-ultimate

- Mana Burst for Inferno
- Power of Speed for Haven
- Banish for Necropolis
- Counterspell for Sylvan and Dungeon
- Refined Mana for Academy
- Retribution for Fortress

While I could agree that these "semi-ultimate" skill should be class specific and not "just another" skill that another town can get easier

Return to “Heroes V-VI”