1.4 problems, post yours here!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Nov 2006, 22:02

DL wrote
Basic memory skills:

Kilop wrote:

Well if you don t buy the upgrades, don t expect the game to be the best possible
basic comprehension skill, the game will be the best when all the add ons are out, I quoted you about the patching process... just saying that it is still going.
And about the AI problems, it takes way too long even in 1,3 whatever the config is !!!
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 22:07

Kilop wrote: basic comprehension skill, the game will be the best when all the add ons are out,
Not true.HIV for example,had pretty crappy expansions that brought almost nothing to it.
Kilop wrote: I quoted you about the patching process... just saying that it is still going.
And ubival relies on patches too much.Changing the whole game with every patch is not a good thing.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Nov 2006, 22:24

you are so unfair, changing the game every patch, I wich they d change more !!!

And HIV problem was its developpers money ...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 22:26

Kilop wrote:you are so unfair, changing the game every patch, I wich they d change more !!!
If the game came out finished thered be no need for changing it with every patch.You know what games get such masive changes with each version?Betas only.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 22:32

Unless the developers do not see balancing issues that game players end up using...

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Nov 2006, 22:33

you didn t play starcraft early on ... and now , it is not the same game !!!

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 22:35

You assume that I didn't, but I have. Starcraft is a very balanced game now with all the patches. They fixed a lot of the exploits. Did you take the time to read through the list of fixes for the patches?

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Nov 2006, 22:36

was answering DL post sry, I do think that patching a game is a good thing ..

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 22:38

Ohh, ok.

Yes, patching CAN be a good thing, especially when they deal with balance issues...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 23:06

Kilop wrote:you didn t play starcraft early on ... and now , it is not the same game !!!
Yes I did,and yes it got balanced a bit.But you cant say that giving a few points to a single creature,or changing a cost of a single building is the same as changing all the costs for all the buildings in all the races?Come on,get realistic here.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 13 Nov 2006, 23:21

DaemianLucifer wrote:But you cant say that giving a few points to a single creature,or changing a cost of a single building is the same as changing all the costs for all the buildings in all the races?Come on,get realistic here.
I believe that was a good thing but considering how drastic the changes were shows they had no idea what they were doing earlier.Or that they spectacularly failed to give the game the pace they wanted :tired:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 13 Nov 2006, 23:50

come on, in starcraft, some building had their value doubles, or halved, some units got their dommage totlly messed, thye took like what 4 years of intense patching before stoping, and believe me they DID change a lot !! just go check the changelog of all the patches. ..

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 14 Nov 2006, 00:14

The Mad Dragon wrote: Yes, patching CAN be a good thing, especially when they deal with balance issues...
As far as I understand, noone is arguing that patching is necessary. Well, it wouldn't be in the perfect world, but our world isn't. The point is that making consumers buy add-ons saying that without those the game won't be functioning properly is a faulty way. We've already paid the price.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 14 Nov 2006, 00:23

I'm sure it's nothing more than a marketting technique.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 14 Nov 2006, 00:48

Elvin wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:But you cant say that giving a few points to a single creature,or changing a cost of a single building is the same as changing all the costs for all the buildings in all the races?Come on,get realistic here.
I believe that was a good thing but considering how drastic the changes were shows they had no idea what they were doing earlier.Or that they spectacularly failed to give the game the pace they wanted :tired:
I don't have a problem with drastic changes ... esp. if they will result in a better game.

As Elvin implied I am not convinced that the devs. really understood what they were even trying to do.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 14 Nov 2006, 01:37

Alamar wrote: As Elvin implied I am not convinced that the devs. really understood what they were even trying to do.
I am afraid that they know what they are doing, they just don't know that's not what they should be doing, partly because the game has been selling well and ranked high. I saw a poll at Nival official forum and overhelming majority of people ranked it as MASTERPIECE. There were much fewer less satisfied with the game. I think that's pathetic.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 14 Nov 2006, 02:12

The point is that making consumers buy add-ons saying that without those the game won't be functioning properly is a faulty way
Please read the thread before posting.
You would have find that the patching for anceint version of HV, continues, even after the releasing of HoF.
Stop listening blindely to DL, he is the bad guy... :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Nov 2006, 02:20

Kilop wrote: Please read the thread before posting.
You would have find that the patching for anceint version of HV, continues, even after the releasing of HoF.
Thats not what I heared.
Kilop wrote: Stop listening blindely to DL, he is the bad guy... :devil:
That I am,but liar I am not.Your words verbatim:
Kilop wrote: Well if you don t buy the upgrades, don t expect the game to be the best possible

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 14 Nov 2006, 02:24

Kilop wrote: Well if you don t buy the upgrades, don t expect the game to be the best possible, but to be fair, remember that they ll continue to patch the old version.
Kilop, you said this and this is what I am commenting on. Yes, I do see the second part of the sentence and yes, they do patch the base game. But if the second part is what matters, then why did you write this
if you don t buy the upgrades, don t expect the game to be the best possible
If I pay my money, I expect the product to be good by the way. If you don't, sorry for you.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 14 Nov 2006, 02:38

We all expect the product to be good, but that's not always the reality of things.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”