1.4 problems, post yours here!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
dracmar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Game crashing & scrambled text

Unread postby dracmar » 11 Nov 2006, 05:04

I don't know why no one has mentioned this, but I find my heroes crashing to desktop a lot after the 1.4 patch. This includes maps that were started fresh after installing the patch.

Also, a lot of the text seems scrambled. On one of my saves from the 1.3 patch, the mini-map tool tip was a bunch of garbled characters, and when I lost the game (enemy hero caught me by surprise), all the score reporting and 'you were defeated' text was non-sense garbled text. Weird.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 11 Nov 2006, 13:59

Perhaps it's just you?

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 11 Nov 2006, 18:12

What I have to say is that... this patch speed up my game! :) Now it's possible to load large maps without waiting few minutes and also... playing these maps! Yes, hard to belive but that's truth ;)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 11 Nov 2006, 18:45

Sounds like this patch has random effects happening

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 11 Nov 2006, 20:30

alavris wrote:What I have to say is that... this patch speed up my game! :) Now it's possible to load large maps without waiting few minutes and also... playing these maps! Yes, hard to belive but that's truth ;)
I envy you :) I have exactly the opposite... I wonder what I could do to speed it up.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Nov 2006, 20:53

Gnnnh...Cant hold...Buy a new computer! Damn!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Nov 2006, 21:15

At least I am not the only one who's games actually seemed to have increased in speed. Was beginning to doubt my sanity. Good to know that others have experienced the same thing, even if it seems to be totally random with the patch. Glad I got one of the good random ones ;).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Nov 2006, 21:19

Its not random.Your game worked badly,so it improved.If it didnt,youd experience the slowdown :devil:

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 11 Nov 2006, 21:20

So it seems to me that this patch is also disapointing?

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 11 Nov 2006, 21:23

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its not random.Your game worked badly,so it improved.If it didnt,youd experience the slowdown :devil:
But if your game is running fine, then it shouldn't slowdown.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 11 Nov 2006, 21:53

The Mad Dragon wrote:But if your game is running fine, then it shouldn't slowdown.
Something for something. Some people got speed-ups, so some had to get slow-downs. That's a nature law ;)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 11 Nov 2006, 22:25

It's the nature of Murphy's law.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 11 Nov 2006, 22:30

My experience is that the game is noticeably faster with patch 1.4. However, it crashes more often; almost every time I start the game. Then I have to restart my computer. I'm using a laptop though and they never claimed good performance on laptops. So, maybe it's fair, but I still don't get why the game crashes. I mean I have a pretty powerful machine :disagree:
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Nov 2006, 02:13

theGryphon wrote:My experience is that the game is noticeably faster with patch 1.4. However, it crashes more often; almost every time I start the game. Then I have to restart my computer. I'm using a laptop though and they never claimed good performance on laptops. So, maybe it's fair, but I still don't get why the game crashes. I mean I have a pretty powerful machine :disagree:
Have you used fan maps? I noticed I had crashing problems until I took certain maps out my map folder.

So for example if I had a saved game on map battle for androna and then I took battle for androna out of my map folder...the game would crash on me.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 12 Nov 2006, 02:20

DaemianLucifer wrote:Gnnnh...Cant hold...Buy a new computer! Damn!
You must be joking. I have P4 3GHz, ATI Radeon X1800 and 2Gb RAM. If it can't run fine on this, then screw it. My patience is not unlimited.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Nov 2006, 05:24

Dont take offence,it was just a joke.It seems that the new patch speeds up the games that were doing badly,and slows down those that did good.But seriously,like stated above,the only thing I can think of doing this are fan made mods.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 12 Nov 2006, 06:05

DaemianLucifer wrote:Dont take offence,it was just a joke.It seems that the new patch speeds up the games that were doing badly,and slows down those that did good.But seriously,like stated above,the only thing I can think of doing this are fan made mods.
Are there mods that speed up the AI thinking or smth like that? Graphics, loading/saving and other stuff seem to work fine with me. But the AI turn takes minutes. Even I think faster :-)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Nov 2006, 06:22

Hah!You wish.Sadly,the AI is one of the things players cant mod(yet).

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 12 Nov 2006, 09:06

DaemianLucifer wrote:Hah!You wish.Sadly,the AI is one of the things players cant mod(yet).
Intelligence of AI can be upgraded by scripting, when creating your own map. (but will work only on this map of course ;)) But I don't know if there's any trick to speed up AI turns...

rust888
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rust888 » 12 Nov 2006, 19:53

since 1.4 for me, massive slowdown in AI turns. in 1.3 and before, the AI took about 30 secs max (for 3 AI players). after i installed 1.4, it's about 1 minute EACH. assuming i use my turn quickly, that's about 5 mins for each day, or half an hr for a week....

**anxiously waits for 1.5**

Return to “Heroes V-VI”