1.4 problems, post yours here!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 14 Nov 2006, 02:40

The Mad Dragon wrote:We all expect the product to be good, but that's not always the reality of things.
But it's not a reason to pay and expect a bad one. Especially, after years of longing for the game and all the marketing tricks they used on us:)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 14 Nov 2006, 02:45

Keep in mind it's a different company with a different vision, no matter how much they try to keep the original vision intact, the only company that could reproduce what they did would be 3DO.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 14 Nov 2006, 03:01

The Mad Dragon wrote:Keep in mind it's a different company with a different vision, no matter how much they try to keep the original vision intact, the only company that could reproduce what they did would be 3DO.
Good quality doesn't have to mean a reproduction...

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 14 Nov 2006, 03:15

I am slowly loosing sanity here...
http://www.shockwave.com/contentPlay/sh ... ?id=smacky

What I infered, saying that the game was not the BEST possible ( notice I used best and not just good, which I think it is ) was that if you want to have the best game possible ( ie , with the most content, and DL, please don t say that more content from nival would make this game worse :D ), you will have to buy the expansion. Not that the game is supposed to be crappy until you buy the expension. That is clear since I added that they were going to continue patching the old version.

And btw, for the sake of clarity :
they WILL continue to patch HV old version AFTER HOF is out.
Is it clear now ?
Why do you have to believe the worst meaning possible everytime ?
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Nov 2006, 03:40

fly away wrote:Good quality doesn't have to mean a reproduction...
That is correct.Very correct.
Kilop wrote: What I infered, saying that the game was not the BEST possible ( notice I used best and not just good, which I think it is ) was that if you want to have the best game possible ( ie , with the most content, and DL, please don t say that more content from nival would make this game worse :D )
And again I say to you HIV.More content doesnt have to mean better.It has nothing to do with nival,or anything,its a simple fact that quantity doesnt equal quality.
Kilop wrote: Why do you have to believe the worst meaning possible everytime ?
No,I dont believe always the worst.I hope for the best,but I see whats been done and from that assert whats most likelly to happen.Ubisoft doesnt have many things to brag with in my book.

galaxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galaxy » 14 Nov 2006, 03:40

well after getting some crashes with 1.4 i decided to reinstall the game and the patch. the game runs smooth but i still crash with the new patch. problem seems to be an error with the new .exe....anyone else seeing this error? i didnt have any problems before this patch x.x
~You hallow out my hungry eyes~

travelingoz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby travelingoz » 14 Nov 2006, 21:56

Wow, is this still the thread for problems with patch 1.4?

Had 2 read through 8 pages of bickering 2 get here!

I'm having some problems with random crashing to desktop too. Read the readme and renamed the saves folder b4 doing the update. Then i tried some of the new maps vs the computer Ai.

After almost completing 7 lakes, with only green player left to beat, it started crashing during greens turn. It wasn't during combat or anything, the green bar started going then the "sorry, homm5 has to close" message. Luckily i had just saved so i restrted and reloaded and bang, same again.

So i restarted and moved a few of my heroes around before ending my turn and it was fine for another 7days of turns, then same again. however this time it just wouldn't continue.

So i tried the war of the worlds map and just into the second week the same happens again.

I haven't tried the campaigns again yet..... not sure if i dare.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 15 Nov 2006, 05:29

I can't check the hero info at all. Press A or double click crash the game. Is it just me or does anybody else have the same problem?

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 15 Nov 2006, 14:03

Can I get a link to the page where this patch may be downloaded?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 Nov 2006, 14:05

EDN wrote:Can I get a link to the page where this patch may be downloaded?
https://www.celestialheavens.com/637

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Nov 2006, 23:21

I finally patched the game to 1.4.Actually enemy turns pass faster but I still hate the black screen.And why of all heroes they decided to buff Ossir?On turn 1 he can defeat lots of minotaur guards goddammit! They are supposed to debuff powerful heroes not make them even better and Ossir was the favourite of many before.I love the new reduced costs for sylvan-hope academy needs less for rakshasas now :D Back to work!

Edit:
Nope still the same :disagree:

Edit 2:
Just found a bug.If you have all creature slots taken some of which occupied with the same creatures(say 2 stacks of druids) and some creatures decide to join you you are unable to combine armies to make room for the new creatures-if you do you can't accept the new stack.Meaning that the two stacks of druids cannot be combined.You could exchange the new stack with one of the druids but even then you can't take the druids back.I tried to split the druids I exchanged so as to leave only 1 out and the game crashed 8| Jeez!
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Nov 2006, 03:11

Put it in the bug thread then,it sounds serious.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Nov 2006, 06:49

I also ran into this, though I was able to split out a single creature to switch the neutrals with.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 16 Nov 2006, 12:25

galaxy wrote:well after getting some crashes with 1.4 i decided to reinstall the game and the patch. the game runs smooth but i still crash with the new patch. problem seems to be an error with the new .exe....anyone else seeing this error? i didnt have any problems before this patch x.x
I have similar problems, except mine's with a campaign map :( It's completely frozen my progress.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 16 Nov 2006, 19:00

Mytical wrote:I also ran into this, though I was able to split out a single creature to switch the neutrals with.
Ditto.

I also ran into something weird last night....don't know if it has been reported already. My secondary hero was in a battle with a necromancer who had superior troops. Instead of firing at my nearly all dead troops, she kept casting banshee howl every time and kept her troops stationary. It allowed me to keep shooting them with my hero for about 30 rounds until they were nearly gone as well. Eventually, she "woke up" and finished me but she took huge losses that were unnecessary.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 17 Nov 2006, 20:53

1.4 bug found. Killing gated units can crash the game. In the inferno campaign map 3 when a gated hell hound was killed it crashed. This was repeated 3 times...even once in a different battle. 2 others have reported this happening but in map 3 of the inferno camp. Whether it was hell hounds for them, I don't know. It's been reported to Fabrice AND posted on the bug-thread.

This has been my first encounter with a crash. I guess it had to happen eventually. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Nov 2006, 20:59

You know,there really is no need for duplication when you posted it in the bug thread.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 17 Nov 2006, 21:02

Not everybody reads one or the other. And considering the way this thread has degenerated, I thought this might help bring it back to the original topic instead of debating the pros/cons of laptops versus desktops. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Return to “Heroes V-VI”