1.4 problems, post yours here!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

1.4 problems, post yours here!

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 09 Nov 2006, 22:19

Well we all know there will be problems.

I'll start.

On the enemy turns the screen goes black. Now I can't see who is moving where. I hate it.

Anyone know if they fixed the necro mages guild cost? I didn't see it in the readme.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 09 Nov 2006, 22:24

I thought all guilds cost the same?

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 09 Nov 2006, 23:11

- The special aura that used to be below each faction's hero no longer appears. I am getting the same generic aura for each faction and yes I did play around with all the options and even restarted each time. Doesn't work.

- The cinematic battle camera is still messed up. I am still not seeing the attacking unit in some fights. They are still cut off on the left hand side.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 09 Nov 2006, 23:45

On the enemy turns the screen goes black. Now I can't see who is moving where. I hate it.

Anyone know if they fixed the necro mages guild cost? I didn't see it in the readme.
..l. intended
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 09 Nov 2006, 23:52

viewtopic.php?t=4585

evidently the new mapeditor is missing some placeable object types.

as to the necro guild, if they didn't fix it, there is a mod that does in the mod section on CH.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Nov 2006, 23:58

Well after testing out 1.4 (no mods mind you) I would have to give it an 8 out of 10. Still a few minor problems, but a vast improvement for me. I could actually see myself beginning to play h5 more. So it is deffinately an improvement. Still has some work to do, but since it jumped about 5 spots with just this patch I must admit I am optimistic. Now true I played one map, as inferno (to test out the gating which I could see no difference in), but since I was not the biggest fan of Inferno this still is a improvement. Now, to see what HoF does for this :). At least don't have to suffer through that Enought lol.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Nov 2006, 01:19

So that's enough?Or you get no message at all?Hopefully I'll be able to patch it soon.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 10 Nov 2006, 01:27

Reporting in after one game.

Creatures do accumulate in dwellings.

Not Enough movement points left appears in the game (no T).

Annoying black screen so that I can't track enemy movement happens between turns, incredibly frustrating and it doesn't even make the turns go faster (optimization).

What else, the enemy stuck around and fought and retreated at an appropriate time so they have fixed that on normal difficulty level!

It's a good patch except for the thing I mentioned.

Oh yes, and some buildings like fort and citadel are 5 W and 5 O cheaper.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 10 Nov 2006, 01:27

mytical-

DL in another thread talked about random placement of gated stacks.

was that BS, or did they really change it to random placement?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 10 Nov 2006, 01:33

Sir_Toejam wrote:mytical-

DL in another thread talked about random placement of gated stacks.

was that BS, or did they really change it to random placement?
I'm not mytical but it's BS. I just started a map fought one battle and gating was normal. In fact my original unit acted faster.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Nov 2006, 01:35

What is really important to me is if enemy heroes can retreat now on hard.What is the point of defeating an enemy's main hero the first time you meet him and forcing him to lvl up new heroes?
- Metathron

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 10 Nov 2006, 01:53

Yes i do have problems with 1.4, sadly, i really thought this time it would be fun right from the start :(.

Namely strange graphic behaviour, for example: the shadows that succubi and mistresses cast on themselves now are weird, distorted, wavy and pixelated (always)... after a while of playing my inferno castle got masses of black pixels instead of shadows on it too...

... Really a tragedy, cause stacking creatures in dwellings, the improved performance and other fixes i already spotted appeared to be very nice!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 10 Nov 2006, 02:00

I must be going crazy! I thought that Inferno creatures were immune to chain lightning that way the succubi don't hit them right. But I've been dueling using Marbas and I've been able to chain lightning my own troops!

No, I'm not facing a warlock it happened against Irina and Orson. What am I missing?

edit: happens in 1.3 also. Maybe I made up that they are immune to chain lightning.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Nov 2006, 02:19

Chain lightning or chain shot? Infernal creatures are immune to chain shot meaning that after the succubus hits its target,there will be no chain hitting additional infernal creatures.
- Metathron

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 10 Nov 2006, 02:32

One warning, do not continue your pre 1.4 saved game... I found that doing so, and then putting something in the extra pocket, the game will ctd... Also noticed that the ai doing the same thing will cause it to crash as well... Restarted the map and had no problems.....
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 10 Nov 2006, 06:54

I didn't think they could make the game even slower, but they somehow managed to do that...

corianteri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby corianteri » 10 Nov 2006, 12:02

fly away wrote:I didn't think they could make the game even slower, but they somehow managed to do that...
Very true. Although the old maps function very well. The new maps... It takes too much time for the AI to make it's moves that it gets frustrating. And you can't even see what they are doing.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Nov 2006, 12:13

Hmm guess I am the only one in which things were actually sped up for. AI doesn't take near as long as it did.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 10 Nov 2006, 14:00

Tried editing maps.. actually they loaded faster, there seems to be some icons missing in mobs though. Game seemed to actually run a bit faster for the most part. I have not experenced my screen going black though when fighting. Is this with Inferno mobs?

Oh on the map editor. when you go to do a fill i did notice that they added more options there. and spruce trees do not make spruce, you have to use the old Grass_trees_spruce. Spruce and Spruce2 make spruce and oaks or birch. but they look great, like real life.

running a 3200 AMD 2GIG 64 bit processor 1Gig mem and Radeon PCI express.

galaxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galaxy » 10 Nov 2006, 22:51

im getting a huge delay when its the AI turns on big maps(5 mins for 3 AIs to act? wasnt like that before..) after patching. sooo close to perfect and sooo far
~You hallow out my hungry eyes~

Return to “Heroes V-VI”