Hammers of Fate Compatibility

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Hammers of Fate Compatibility

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Nov 2006, 14:21

Fabrice gave us some additional information about the compatility of the first expansion and the map editor:

o The European and North American versions of the Hammers of Fate will be compatible with all versions of Heroes V;

o As before, multiplayer requires players to be at the same version number: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, etc.;

o
The HoF map editor will be able to open standard maps, but not the other way around;

o Version 1.4 of the editor will include all features and fixes of the expansion, but not the new data.

It's a summary I wrote, not some actual quotes. I hope I didn't misunderstood anything.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Hammers of Fate Compatibility

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Nov 2006, 14:49

Angelspit wrote:The European and North American versions of the Hammers of Fate will be compatible with all versions of Heroes V
I was right. :D
Angelspit wrote:The HoF map editor will be able to open standard maps, but not the other way around
Just like H4/GS/WoW, isn't it? Sounds reasonable enough to me...

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 09 Nov 2006, 17:36

I wonder if HoF will be "integrated" in hommV....

I mean, like the other expansion of the franchise, where to access the old content (old campaigns & scenarios) you didnt have to exit the expansion and run a different .exe
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 10 Nov 2006, 02:02

Romanov77 wrote: I mean, like the other expansion of the franchise, where to access the old content (old campaigns & scenarios) you didnt have to exit the expansion and run a different .exe
I'd really not want to see such kind of cumbersome implementation of an expansion from a game of 2006... but you never know for sure, we're talking about a Nival game after all :scared: !
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Return to “Heroes V-VI”