Battle for Androna

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sarvi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Battle for Androna

Unread postby Sarvi » 04 Nov 2006, 06:56

Has anyone played this map on Hard level as a single player??

Believe me, it is really HARD !! One of the most difficult maps I've ever played....

On my third try I was able to win it with the Academy faction, after a long and bitter struggle. At this difficulty level this map is a real challenge and I highly recommend it and congratulate and thank the author (sorry, can't remember your name at the moment)....

With the editor you can easily make it into an Allies map and play it with a friend. I've done this, but we have been defeated twice and are into our third attempt with a new faction combination.
Ach wie schoen das niemand weiss....

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 Nov 2006, 20:44

Yes, this is a well made map -- the best I have seen so far.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 04 Nov 2006, 23:08

I abandoned it because it is too large.

I am watching my friend play it and it is very artistically designed. I would love it if it is one map size smaller, but it just takes too long to walk for days and then get crushed.

Good effort though, what other maps did this guy do?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 05 Nov 2006, 00:47

Myythryyn did this map.

he(?) also did the "fury of the elements" map, which is much smaller but just as interesting.

give that one a shot.

both his maps released so far are here.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Nov 2006, 01:15

Will do Sir_Toejam, thanks.

For some reason I thought it was Mytical.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Nov 2006, 05:17

You thought it was me? Then why did you say he? :) anyhow no I am not able to use the editor :( too much scripting. Maybe they will make a more user friendly mapmaker and I will be able to :)
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 05 Nov 2006, 05:33

Mytical wrote:You thought it was me? Then why did you say he? :)
Girls play Heroes? Hmm, learnt something new today :)

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Nov 2006, 05:43

Both me and Milla aka. The Slayer..and there have been others to stop in from time to time. I know it's unusual but then I consider myself unusual. So it all works out :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 05 Nov 2006, 09:16

Mytical wrote:I know it's unusual
And what is interesting for me, that the person who firstly showed me Heroes was... my sister :)

corianteri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby corianteri » 05 Nov 2006, 12:14

In my experience it's not unusual that girls play Heroes. Why, I play Heroes with my friends from time to time and we are all girls. Though some of our friends indeed think we are weid. :)

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Nov 2006, 12:27

Then they compliment you :). Normal is bland and boring. Weird is exciting and different. So take it as the compliment it is supposed to be :).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Nov 2006, 15:40

Mytical wrote:You thought it was me? Then why did you say he? :) anyhow no I am not able to use the editor :( too much scripting. Maybe they will make a more user friendly mapmaker and I will be able to :)
Sorry I was not more specific, anyone can play video games, not just teenage boys.

I haven't looked at the editor, is scripting necessary. Can't you just make a defeat all enemies map plain old style map, no events.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 08 Nov 2006, 18:54

Has anyone played this map on Hard level as a single player??

Believe me, it is really HARD !! One of the most difficult maps I've ever played....
... well, heroic one player here, long, interressant yes, hard no. ( of course, AI didn t put these 160 + 160 black dragons in the same army, that helps )

ok, I did it with necro, but i think appart from sylvan, it is doable with all town ( especially academy with golems dwellings yum !! )
Last thing GOW, is your size the throne more challenging ?
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 08 Nov 2006, 19:38

Kilop wrote: ok, I did it with necro, but i think appart from sylvan, it is doable with all town ( especially academy with golems dwellings yum !! )
If you manage to get the imprisoned hero with Nature's Luck ultimate, then you might have a chance with Sylvan. The question is - will you last that long? :) I couldn't...
I did relatively easily with Dungeon on heroic (might have been hard, can't remember now), but didn't have a single chance with Academy...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 08 Nov 2006, 22:09

fly away wrote:
Kilop wrote: ok, I did it with necro, but i think appart from sylvan, it is doable with all town ( especially academy with golems dwellings yum !! )
If you manage to get the imprisoned hero with Nature's Luck ultimate, then you might have a chance with Sylvan. The question is - will you last that long? :) I couldn't...
I did relatively easily with Dungeon on heroic (might have been hard, can't remember now), but didn't have a single chance with Academy...
All positions in "Seize The Throne" are winable but some positions are not as easily defendable as others, as stated in the readme. From most defendable to least is roughly Haven, Necropolis, Inferno, Dungeon, Sylvan, and lastly Academy.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 08 Nov 2006, 23:46

I played on Normal with Sylvan and coasted most of the way. Sylvan is always tough on Hard due to the wood requirements, but why else would it be?

My approach is to choose a Resource bonus and hope for wood. Then buy two heroes, merge armies and hit the Sawmill right away. If that fails, it's curtains.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 08 Nov 2006, 23:49

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: All positions in "Seize The Throne" are winable but some positions are not as easily defendable as others, as stated in the readme. From most defendable to least is roughly Haven, Necropolis, Inferno, Dungeon, Sylvan, and lastly Academy.

GOW
I actually read the Readme before playing. :) Didn't help me much when I had 3 main heroes attaking me one by one - Sylvan, Necro and Haven (as if they had nothing else to do). I survived the first two and could have probably survived the third one if it wasn't one after one. Stronger faction separating creatures might have helped.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Nov 2006, 13:07

fly away wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: All positions in "Seize The Throne" are winable but some positions are not as easily defendable as others, as stated in the readme. From most defendable to least is roughly Haven, Necropolis, Inferno, Dungeon, Sylvan, and lastly Academy.

GOW
I actually read the Readme before playing. :) Didn't help me much when I had 3 main heroes attaking me one by one - Sylvan, Necro and Haven (as if they had nothing else to do). I survived the first two and could have probably survived the third one if it wasn't one after one. Stronger faction separating creatures might have helped.
I don't think stronger stacks are necessary.

On normal I hire 2 addtional heroes and combine armies on the main heroe.

You should be able to conquer pretty much everything around your starting town in 2 weeks. After that head up to the capital city that you get the spy report on (your faction's second town) and conquer it around day 3 or 4 of the next week.

While your main heroe heads up to conquer the second town use your squire to explore areas off the road so you can see where your main hero needs to strike next for resources. There are enough resource pockets to allow you to build fluidly, though you may "sweat" some in the early going, and may have to use the market a little.

The 2 elemental dwelling are of great early assistance to the academy. Visit Tower Grump to trade other elemental types for water elementals as those will be the most useful for the Academy.

While I did place my favorite faction in the most difficult position, if I can win with it, so can you. :)

Furthur discussion of Seize The Throne should be moved here: viewtopic.php?t=4296
so as not to hyjack the thread for the excellent Battle for Androna map.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

madjack
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madjack » 14 Nov 2006, 21:17

Battle for Androna was an awesome map but his newest is even beter...(Playgrounds of the gods). Like Androna it is a little to large but lucky for me I have alot of time on my hands...lol. I was lucky to get Markel from prison. And with him being a deathlord plus having diplomacy/herald of death I finished with levels 1-5 all being leagions with 500 death knights and 250 dragons..lol.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”