Resurrection 1.3

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Nov 2006, 18:42

Kilop is right,resurrection is a level 5 spell,thus spamming it isnt really such a common thing.I understand why they choose this way to balance raise dead,and it is an interesting inovation,and I understand that it just seems logical that resurrection should suffer the same,but its not the best solution.If they used HIV way for dead animation and illusions,and used the same for resurrection it would be much much better.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 03 Nov 2006, 21:48

Kilop is right,resurrection is a level 5 spell,thus spamming it isnt really such a common thing.
IIRC, this was the thinking behind the way Naskoni designed the mod.

raise dead is now a level 3 spell in that mod, and has less power unless you are an expert in dark magic.

it's much harder to "spam" now, and you will end up with losses.

even with "mark" active, you will lose more mana than you gain each turn, and your mana runs out quick.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 03 Nov 2006, 22:49

[/quote]and has less power unless you are an expert in dark magic.

it's much harder to "spam" now, and you will end up with losses.

even with "mark" active, you will lose more mana than you gain each turn, and your mana runs out quick.[/quote]

sry , but I don t get that ....
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Nov 2006, 05:58

which part?

mark of the necromancer returns mana as the target is damaged.

the power of raise dead increases with the level of expertise in dark magic, maxing out with expert dark magic.

in a typical siege, you will usually raise less skellie archers than are killed each turn, whereas the original (1.2 version), typically allowed you to raise more skellies back.

better?

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 04 Nov 2006, 21:03

Well I don't think he gets it because raise dead is not a dark magic. Was that changed in the mod as well.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 05 Nov 2006, 00:43

doh! you're absolutely right, total brainfart on my part.

replace with summoning magic instead.

sorry.

Phoenix_1973
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Phoenix_1973 » 05 Nov 2006, 03:32

Resurrection was not overpowered before 1.3 , the cheap raise dead from necromancers was , they should be fixe only this spell , rising it to tier 4 and adding its mana cost to 10-12 .

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 06 Nov 2006, 01:14

I haven't seen anyone mention it so I'll ask: can resurrection be cast only certain number of times (like 5 or so) during one battle??? I'm playing The Isles of Terra now and during my current battle it suddelnly became unavailable... ruined all my strategy of lossless battle.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Nov 2006, 01:31

fly away wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention it so I'll ask: can resurrection be cast only certain number of times (like 5 or so) during one battle??? I'm playing The Isles of Terra now and during my current battle it suddelnly became unavailable... ruined all my strategy of lossless battle.
I haven't made it to that mission yet...are you fighting the necromancers, a necro hero named zoltan has a spell block power. If you aren't then it may be capped, I don't know?

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 06 Nov 2006, 01:34

PhoenixReborn wrote:are you fighting the necromancers,a necro hero named zoltan has a spell block power.
Yeah. You are right... I didn't know about this ... ability.
Now I wonder why I thought I'd used it 5 times :) Really it was just once

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 06 Nov 2006, 14:27

Phoenix_1973 wrote:Resurrection was not overpowered before 1.3 , the cheap raise dead from necromancers was , they should be fixe only this spell , rising it to tier 4 and adding its mana cost to 10-12 .
Compared with Implosion I think that Resurrection was too powerful. In the end it should be easier to destroy than create and Implosion only becomes more powerful than Ressurrect after Spell Power 20 or so.

As for spell levels [when it comes to balancing one Necro hero against another] it's not too bad to make it a L2 spell because all Necros can cast it from day 1. As for mana costs I figure 9 is just about right. If it's still too powerful [very possible] then just diminish the amount of HPs it raises back.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”