Dragon utopia tips

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 01 Nov 2006, 10:10

Mytical wrote:Dont forget however that marksman negate all defense points with their special..thus doing bonus damage. So it does not take as many as you might think :).
Yeah, a decent hero will have them doing 10-15 each on average by that point. Their potential damage just with bless is 24 each (8x3 at 30 attack).

So yes, expect 10-15 Marksmen to kill a dragon at point blank.

EDIT: And just for a little reference, at long range if the hero didn't add any attack power, those same Marksmen would average about 1.5 damage each. The ability/distance really does make about 10 times the difference.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Nov 2006, 10:50

Caradoc wrote:Let's do some math. DU will have a minimum of 12 dragons at around 200 HP each, so figure 2400 HP total. Since a Marksman does about 5 points, it will take something like 480 hits. Since you're not going to keep the dragons at bay more than 3 turns, that's 160 hits per turn. That's a whole lot of Marksmen, but not out of the question. But if you get the Spectral Dragons, you'll need at least twice that.
Wrong,cause youll have att of lets say 10,coupled with all of the skills,and the defense of 0,youll do a lot more damage with each crossbowmen.Also,why twice with spectrals?

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 01 Nov 2006, 18:46

Ok, I had forgotten that you could have an attack of 10. I was thinking of a less formidable hero.

The reason why you need more for the Spectrals is that when you get them, you usually get a lot of them. At least that's been my experience.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Nov 2006, 20:17

Caradoc wrote:Ok, I had forgotten that you could have an attack of 10. I was thinking of a less formidable hero.
Thats without any other boosters.Besides,just that 10 makes you do 50% more damage.Cuouple with everything else,youll do at least double damage.
Caradoc wrote: The reason why you need more for the Spectrals is that when you get them, you usually get a lot of them. At least that's been my experience.
Yes,but they have less HP,so it kind of balances out.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”