Sparkling Fountain

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Sparkling Fountain

Unread postby Caradoc » 27 Oct 2006, 06:33

Is there a lamer building than Sylvan's Sparkling Fountain? It's a level 12 building but sits on the same row as the level 6s. It is frightfully expensive (10 mercury!) and all it does is give +2 luck to defenders.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 27 Oct 2006, 16:46

Hey a Sweeney Todd quote...YAY!

But on topic, yeah I do think that this building is less than useful for the price. Its like the sacrificial pit, but it is out of the way and not necessary to build. I've never personally wasted resources building it, but then again, I rarely play as Sylvan.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 27 Oct 2006, 16:56

+2 luck is not that bad... but it's rather expensive... so moneywize it's useless... unless maybe there is a huge enemy army heading your way and you need all the boosts you can get... and I don't think mercury is a vital resource for Sylvan... so I'd say build it way endgame when you have already built all the rest...

Interesting quote btw... who is Sweeny Todd?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Oct 2006, 18:17

+2 luck would be a good bonus,if sylvans didnt relly on luck so much,thus theyll almost always have luck maxed out(expert luck+an artifact or two+some other bonus).Basically,this building is useless.

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

+10 mercury

Unread postby Sathasarus » 27 Oct 2006, 18:33

which is np since only mage guild and that building requires mercury so ur all good.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 27 Oct 2006, 20:28

Sweeny Todd was the 'mad barber of Bleeker Street' who is said to have practiced his gruesome craft in Seventeenth Century London. Instead of giving haircuts, he killed his customers and sold the corpses to a partner who baked them into meat pies.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 28 Oct 2006, 00:58

he killed his customers and sold the corpses to a partner who baked them into meat pies.
mmmm... soylent pies.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 28 Oct 2006, 13:25

DaemianLucifer wrote:+2 luck would be a good bonus,if sylvans didnt relly on luck so much,thus theyll almost always have luck maxed out(expert luck+an artifact or two+some other bonus).Basically,this building is useless.
Actually, since you are likely to have a low-level hero (under level 4) defending the town from the annoying heroes (for a main hero, you'll call back a stronger force), the defending hero my not have luck. For that matter, the defending hero may not be a ranger! Particularly if the sylvan town is not your first town, even your main hero may not have luck.

As with many "optional" (=not needed for a dwelling/income/castle) buildings, there are times when it would be very useful.

That said, it is still a building I leave for last.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”