Spells Nerfed?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Spells Nerfed?

Unread postby Bonzer » 26 Oct 2006, 21:56

I have been playing H5 since it came out, having been an avid H3 player (still am).

What has come to mind is the new (limited?) power of Instant Travel and Town Portal. I think it is better than the H3 DD and TP.

With H3, I knew that when I had DD, and TP, the game was over, just a matter of when. With View Air it was over even sooner.

Not so with H5. I am forced to try harder, explore the map more fully, and keep amending strategy for much longer. Which I think is better.

Don't you?
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Spells Nerfed?

Unread postby fly away » 26 Oct 2006, 22:53

Well. I kinda miss being able to teleport to a town of my choince :)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Oct 2006, 22:56

I do like the newer versions of DD (instant travel) and town portal better. They are much more balanced and still quite useful.

As a side not however, instant travel can cause massive slowdowns of the AI players so it is better disabled in mages guilds and given to the player through another means.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

ummz yes?

Unread postby nevermindspy » 26 Oct 2006, 22:56

ofcourse?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 27 Oct 2006, 09:11

I like it better too... those two spells in H3 were so overpowered... they were mostly the main reason I always took air and earth magic with all my heroes... So it's a good change

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Oct 2006, 09:24

Personally Id prefer if those were removed and we had the view spells,but the nerf is good the way it is now.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Oct 2006, 09:36

The spells in general were one of the two main reasons for me to make a mod for H 3 (the other being the Conflux). Since TP made Earth Magic a must-have, but was the only real must-have, I changed TP to a level 5 all-school spell like Magic Arrow (the alternative would have been no-school which was variant a). As an all-school level 5 spell you wouldn't have to have Earth Magic anymore; any school would be enough. As a no-school level 4 spell you'd be able to get Town Gate only.
The mod changed a lot in the spells section, by the way.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Oct 2006, 11:48

Yes the earth school had some of the most useful spells(implosion,meteor shower,antimagic,resurrection,exp slow/shield etc) and had little that could be considered useless if any.Even without TP it was still the best one.
Even though TP and DD were overpowered in H3 I liked them that way.Extremely irritating on an opponent,really satisfying on you.I have had my fun with these two and now I can just play a game knowing that none can gain an advantage this way.It's fair enough that all can learn them regardless of having a school mastery and that they always appear on a mage guild.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 27 Oct 2006, 18:52

Before this gets closed / moved to H3, I'd better bring it back.....

Thanks for your replies, it would appear (drum roll).....

Nival got something right!? :applause:

Even DL said so! :victory:
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”