The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't

Unread postby Akul » 23 Oct 2006, 21:45

The name speaks for itself. Discuss about features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't.

-all creature forts - no idea what that was meant to be
-diplomacy - I guess that you could ally yourself with a player who isn't your mortal enemy on the map.
-changing einvorment - whenever you capture something, the ground around it turns to your factions familiar ground
-last aid - example: Ghost dragons coem to help a demon lord who lost a battle (3rd E3 video)
-spell failures
-heroes on battlefields for some factions
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Oct 2006, 21:49

what's there to discuss... if they can't even bring the things they said they would I'm starting wondering why am I posting ideas to improve this game... out of naivity maybe?...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Oct 2006, 21:55

well, there is begging Nival for changes, and then there are the little things the modding community can do.

so it's not a waste of time at all, really.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Oct 2006, 21:58

:)

I have to admit that if it weren't for you, Sir_Toejam, and the mods you created I would of stopped playing this game long ago.

Anyway... it's a sad story... enthusiastic fans, devs that don't give a shit...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Oct 2006, 22:06

meh, everything i learned took an afternoon of simply gandering at the guts of some of the simpler mods already out there, and matching that up to the data files.

not hard really, and you don't need special tools to edit the xdb files.

I've just had a bit more time on my hands of late than I really want; such is life doing contract work.

You should try to play with some of this stuff yourself; it's really quite simple, and gives you a great sense of control when you can change the game to fit your own whims.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Re: The features that were planned to be in H5 but aren't

Unread postby fly away » 23 Oct 2006, 22:08

-all creature forts - no idea what that was meant to be
I am not sure of the usefullness of this. Or rather, I am sure I don't want to see this. What for?
-diplomacy - I guess that you could ally yourself with a player who isn't your mortal enemy on the map.
I'd really like to see this.
-changing einvorment - whenever you capture something, the ground around it turns to your factions familiar ground
Well, Heroes is not about complete realism, but why would terrain change???
-last aid - example: Ghost dragons coem to help a demon lord who lost a battle (3rd E3 video)
That was just a demo video. Not even based on the game.
-spell failures
It kinda exists. Some heroes can get counterspell ability, + magic resistance.
Which factions would you suggest? And if some do get it, why wouldn't others?

Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 23 Oct 2006, 22:31

A Long time ago, there were even weather effects.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Oct 2006, 22:35

fly away wrote:
That was just a demo video. Not even based on the game.
And was probably just a nice showing off of the editor.

fly away wrote:
I'd prefer might, magic and tactics heroes for each faction.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 23 Oct 2006, 23:54

Sauron wrote: -all creature forts - no idea what that was meant to be
i wish they actually did this, gving each creature its own dwelling, not lumping the lvl 4-7's all in one fort. for example the haven fort you can recruit gryphons, priests, ect. i think if they had their own dwellings it would have been better.
Sauron wrote: -changing einvorment - whenever you capture something, the ground around it turns to your factions familiar ground
the game disciples has this feature, but its needed for that game since you dont capture resources like in HOMM, instead you only control a resource if your land type is under it. which isnt needed in HOMM V.
this also was in Age of Wonders, but terrain played a part in city resources and unit effectiveness, which again isnt a big part of HOMM V, except maybe that ability stand you ground. anyways, it would be interesting, but wouldnt suit all factions. i can see why the ground might burn if inferno takes over, or trees die if undead take over, but why would the land turn to desert if the academy captures a city? and dungeon, everything sinks underground, or turns to dirt?
Sauron wrote: -spell failures
im glad they didnt do this, it would make magic unreliable. and would really hurt the heroes with low mana.

and as for heroes in battle, thats a whole other topic :)

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Oct 2006, 23:57

but why would the land turn to desert if the academy captures a city?
slash and burn agricultural practices?

;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Oct 2006, 00:05

fly away wrote:
Personally,Id prefer to see it like this.

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 24 Oct 2006, 00:13

Sir_Toejam wrote:
but why would the land turn to desert if the academy captures a city?
slash and burn agricultural practices?

;)
well those mages definetly like thier fireballs....:)

what i would have like much better would be the ability to convert towns to your faction which you could do in age of wonders.
it always bugs me when im playing say inferno, i capture a haven town, and suddenly all the knights are happy to serve me, and angels fight for their new demonic lords.....when we were just at war the last turn....

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 24 Oct 2006, 00:17

DaemianLucifer wrote:
fly away wrote:
Personally,Id prefer to see it like this.
At this point what you suggest is unfeasible, as you have been told in that topic :). I prefer the current system though.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Oct 2006, 00:34

myythryyn wrote: what i would have like much better would be the ability to convert towns to your faction which you could do in age of wonders.
it always bugs me when im playing say inferno, i capture a haven town, and suddenly all the knights are happy to serve me, and angels fight for their new demonic lords.....when we were just at war the last turn....
You can do that via events in the editor.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Oct 2006, 07:39

myythryyn wrote: what i would have like much better would be the ability to convert towns to your faction which you could do in age of wonders.
Well,they are beat into submission and suffer morale penalties while serving the demon lord,that's logical enough for me.Converting towns and the chance for rebellion :D was a nice touch in Age of Wonders!But sometimes just annoying as it slowed you exploration until you secured the towns.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 24 Oct 2006, 08:20

what i would have like much better would be the ability to convert towns to your faction which you could do in age of wonders.
you mean like in Iraq?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 24 Oct 2006, 08:28

Most of your post are ok by me Sir_Toejam, but the above is an exception. Think that was in poor taste (yes sometimes I have poor taste too). Anyhow, in one way this argument makes sense, and in another it doesn't. I will list both, then tell you which I prefer :)..

Not changing when you 'capture' - Well unless you kill every citizen and repopulate with just your 'type' I can see why it not changing makes sense. All they have know there whole life is the way of life before you took over..'reeducation' doesn't take place over night.

Changing when you capture - You no longer offer training in the ways they are use to, you no longer accept this or that 'animal' into your army. Hey your a king, your followers will train/do as you want :). This should come with some moral penalties however.

I prefer the not changing, a little more challenging, and creatures do suffer morale penalties for fighting under a hero not of there 'type'.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Unread postby igoraki » 24 Oct 2006, 08:36

in the beta,before the release of the game,some descriptions of the buildidngs mention heroes second class racial abilities...in case of dungeon even more then one...i was interested to see what will does abilities do,since i think best "new" thing in h5 are abilities

Order of Fire

* Inferno heroes deal more damage with fire magic. Reserved to second class special ability.

Hospital

* May support second (Cleric) class special ability.

Blooming Grove

* Boosts pixie/sprite growth by +4 per week (also supports second elvish hero class special ability).

Treant Samplings

* Boosts treant growth by +1 per week (also supports second elvish hero class special ability).

Trade Guild

* Sells Artifacts. At the beginning of each week gives some random resource. Buying artifacts from the guild increases city gold production and the amount/value of resources given at the beginning of the week (actual mechanics is not revealed to player). (may support second class "Trader"-related special ability).

Treasure Dig Site

* Gives randomly 5000-20000 flat GP and +2-5 of each resource except wood and ore (randomized at the map start). City gold production is halved. (may support second class "Digger" special ability).

Hall Of Intrigue

* Harms other players wealth and randomly destroys 2 city buildings on enemy player capturing this city. Knowledge of all Warlocks is increased by 1 (cumulative with other castles). (may support second class "Spycraft" special ability).
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Oct 2006, 08:38

But changing doesnt happen instanteniously.First you demolish the town,then you rebuild it.Doesnt that sound more logical to you?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 24 Oct 2006, 08:44

Most of your post are ok by me Sir_Toejam, but the above is an exception.
well, you can consider it a joke if it makes you feel better (that's how it was intended), but if you'd like to discuss it as a political statement I think I could actually make somewhat of a decent case for it being crude but essentially correct, and not an insult at all, if that's how you took it. I'd be happy to do so in the campfire area, but I expect it would start another kind of war. Not that I wouldn't be game, but I doubt others would really enjoy it much.

sometimes the best statements are impolitic.

*shrug*

Return to “Heroes V-VI”