Recommend Single Player Custom Maps

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Recommend Single Player Custom Maps

Unread postby okrane » 16 Oct 2006, 14:14

Does anyone know/recommend a good single player map?... it can be made for multiplayer but be still interesting to play in single player... coz I'm really bored with the maps the game came with...

So... post your suggestions, impresions here...

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Oct 2006, 15:08

Play the campaign maps! Those are the best!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 15:19

Learn to read.It clearly says Recommend Single Player Custom Maps.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Oct 2006, 15:20

Shuyssar wrote:Play the campaign maps! Those are the best!
Hey! What I said!?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Oct 2006, 15:35

I am sure the campaign maps are for a single player.
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 16 Oct 2006, 15:38

Shuyssar wrote:I am sure the campaign maps are for a single player.
LOL! Someone is missing the point.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 16 Oct 2006, 15:39

then theres this funny word "custom"....

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Recommend Single Player Custom Maps

Unread postby fly away » 16 Oct 2006, 15:51

okrane wrote:Does anyone know/recommend a good single player map?... it can be made for multiplayer but be still interesting to play in single player... coz I'm really bored with the maps the game came with...

So... post your suggestions, impresions here...
So far I'd recommend the Battle for Androna. It's very big and quite original. You can play for any race in it and, if successful, can develop to high levels.
I enjoyed the Elven Lord too. Facing 1000 archangels on heroic makes an impression :)
P.S. I only play large size maps, because I like development.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Oct 2006, 15:52

<offtopic>
Not always. Single doesn't mean only that they are for one player (like that in the map you will be always red), instead it had meaning that you may choose to play for the one player (from red, blue, green...) against AI. The campaigns usually don't qualify here.

Campaigns tend to be wage, custom map have higher chance to not suffer from this problem, additionally some of them can be a real jewel (even if very small in size)
<offtopic>
*thread purged, sorry guys...non ontopic not necessary...but I appreciated your effort ;)
Last edited by Pol on 16 Oct 2006, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 16 Oct 2006, 16:10

Go for user made maps. Any of them will be way better...
Morior, ergo sum

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 16 Oct 2006, 16:44

Battle for Androna. Playing it now...still. Although it is the first user made map I've played, I think I struck lucky because it is excellent so far. Lots of nice touches, good balance (for me anyway) on one above easy (normal? Hard? I forget).

If you download one, download them all. What's to lose? They are free and can always be deleted if they are not your style.

(Not devaluing your sterling efforts, mapmakers. Just knowing that despite the work, not everything suits everyone).
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 17 Oct 2006, 00:54

In my opinion, Androna is the best we've seen so far. It's the first to rise above the level of the box maps and the author is committed to making it even better. I did not much like the campaigns -- too hard and too linear for my taste.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 Oct 2006, 01:54

Fury of the Elements, which is currently under testing, is another map from the creator of Battle of Androna. You can pick it up now and help get finished sooner.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 17 Oct 2006, 05:16

Angelspit wrote:Fury of the Elements, which is currently under testing, is another map from the creator of Battle of Androna. You can pick it up now and help get finished sooner.
Fury is listed as a Small map. One of the things I liked most about Androna was its vast scope.

I notice there are now several 'too big' maps, but no 'very big' ones.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Oct 2006, 12:17

holy crap! Fury of the elements is a great map!

I just played it out.

really well done and unique layout, scripts, quest rewards, even a decent storyline. Challenging, too.

far and away the best map I have tried so far for H5.

I'd give it a 9, except for a few small details, the only one of concern to me being that the "elemental attacks" that eat your resources occur just a bit too frequently for my tastes; limit that to 1 attack per week max, and I'd give this map at least a 9.

right now i rate it a solid 8.5, and this is a "beta" map that hasn't made it out of testing yet!

nicely done; gives me hope for the future.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 18 Oct 2006, 11:37

Caradoc wrote:In my opinion, Androna is the best we've seen so far. It's the first to rise above the level of the box maps and the author is committed to making it even better. I did not much like the campaigns -- too hard and too linear for my taste.
Caradoc: I agree with you. I just started Androna & I'm digging it! Just now getting out of my territory. Considering there are 5 other factions playing the turn wait isn't that bad! Solid looking map so far & I'll be keeping an eye on the maker of this map! He's got talent!

Alex

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 18 Oct 2006, 15:20

Sir Alock wrote:
Caradoc wrote:In my opinion, Androna is the best we've seen so far. It's the first to rise above the level of the box maps and the author is committed to making it even better. I did not much like the campaigns -- too hard and too linear for my taste.
Caradoc: I agree with you. I just started Androna & I'm digging it! Just now getting out of my territory. Considering there are 5 other factions playing the turn wait isn't that bad! Solid looking map so far & I'll be keeping an eye on the maker of this map! He's got talent!

Alex
I heartily second these opinions. I completed Battle for Androna last night, having found it easily the best H5 map I have played, and one of the best ever. I have pm'd Myythyyical to this effect as I could find nowhere to post a review. I will also be looking out for more from him? Her?
:hail:
Highly reccomended anyway.

To give myself a "rest" I have started The Keymasters by Rocco Giordano. Though he plays it down in the map doc saying it is just a start with more to learn, I am finding it fiendishly well balanced, and easy on the eye. I usually found H3 small maps too simple, but not here. So far, also reccomended.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Oct 2006, 17:37

I recall getting started with Androna but quitting because the nearby ore mine was not accessible (a glitch) and my faction had massive ore demands. Unfortunately, I don't remember which colour I was playing, but even so, I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to remedy.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 18 Oct 2006, 17:46

Metathron wrote:I recall getting started with Androna but quitting because the nearby ore mine was not accessible (a glitch) and my faction had massive ore demands. Unfortunately, I don't remember which colour I was playing, but even so, I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to remedy.
There is such a mine besides the Academy town. But in fact it is accessible from the other side around the corner, so it doesn't qualify as nearby now :)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Oct 2006, 17:55

Oh, is that it? Thank you for the clarification. :)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”