The best level 4 creature

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which is the best (not favourite) level 4 creature?

Griffin/Imperial Griffin
2%
Succubus/Succubus Mistress
23%
Vampire/Vampire Lord
18%
Druid/Elder Druid
34%
Dark Raider/Grim Raider
9%
Mage/Archmage
14%

Total votes: 44

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 16 Oct 2006, 09:56

Zrana wrote:I dont think you quite got what i meant there;
I wasn't even addressing you? ;|
Having said that, mages are still great when used with teleport assault smile if you can get them a the end of an enemy battle line its pretty nice.
I haven't thought of using this tactic with mages before! Sure, if you eliminate most of the enemy that way, it's an effective tactic, but if there are considerable "left-overs", your mages will soon become known as "the dead men walking". 8|
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Zrana
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zrana » 16 Oct 2006, 13:39

I wasn't even addressing you? dontknow
Oh, sorry
I haven't thought of using this tactic with mages before! Sure, if you eliminate most of the enemy that way, it's an effective tactic, but if there are considerable "left-overs", your mages will soon become known as "the dead men walking
use vs the ai - they just love to kill those djinns :p . Also nice with phantom forces :)

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 16 Oct 2006, 13:43

I'd have to vote for grim raiders. That defense piercing attack, lizard bite ability, and high hp makes them excellent units overall. Can travel the whole battlefield in one turn, smoke high tier units, and combo so well with minotaurs and blood maidens is what did it for me.

Second place would be druids because their lightning bolt ability is rather ludicrous early on.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 14:15

Arqane wrote: Stat-wise, Raiders are either number 1 or 2 in every category. They've got double the hit points of almost every other tier 4, and only 1 defense less than archmages (go figure that they have the best armor). It's true the AI targets them right after the Furies, and for good reason. The only reason they don't seem all that powerful is that Warlocks lead them :P.

I'd call them anything but fragile, though.
They are weak because they cost very much and have a low growth rate,like all of the warlock units,thus you must preserve them as much as you can.

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 16 Oct 2006, 14:26

Stat-wise, Raiders are either number 1 or 2 in every category. They've got double the hit points of almost every other tier 4, and only 1 defense less than archmages (go figure that they have the best armor). It's true the AI targets them right after the Furies, and for good reason. The only reason they don't seem all that powerful is that Warlocks lead them :P.
I agree with you completely. Stat-wise they are monsters. The problem is that they have a low growth (in general not comparatively), low defense (archmages are not sturdy creatures, and to have less then them is a little offputting), and that they are targeted by the AI. The fact that they will be led almost always by Warlocks even further increases their vulnerability. It can be very difficult to maintain a good supply. For example Cerberi go down really quickly, but with their high growth you can replenish them easily. On the other hand Raiders fall fast, but are far harder to replenish.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 16 Oct 2006, 14:29

Yeah... they fall fast... but it's the level 4 creature I fear the most... when I see a stack in the enemy army I try to take it out as fast as possible. And about their durability ... I only use them in key battles. I mean for creeping Furies and Hydras are all you need. I bring raiders to the field when I'm fighting a powerful oponent...

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 16 Oct 2006, 18:46

Yeah, I suppose that's the problem with potentially the most powerful of a tier. It's much more likely to be targetted, making it less powerful than it could have been :D .

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 16 Oct 2006, 23:55

I put the Mages, Druids, and Raiders ahead of the rest. But like most things in the game 'best' is situational. For a quick kill, the Mages are best. For longer battles, I might prefer Druids. And for attacking higher level creatures, give me Raiders.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Oct 2006, 01:12

I thought about going the elder druids but am sticking with the succubi mistresses, let me explain

First is chain shot .... multiple targets damaged - nice damage bonus
Ranged retal .... awesome ability that stops this unit getting attacked as much, or if they do they can hit back
and while this last one is not specifically for the succubi mistress, it does count IMO - Hellfire!!! hellfire in combination with chain shot is awesome!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Zrana
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zrana » 17 Oct 2006, 13:03

okrane wrote:s. I mean for creeping Furies and Hydras are all you need.
i havent thought of that before, can you explain what you do with them? like how many stacks of each etc

Return to “Heroes V-VI”