Town level 9: What do you choose

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Town level 9: What do you choose

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2006, 21:56

When you reach level 9 with your Inferno/Necropolis/Sylvan/Dungeon town, you can choose between building two creature dwellings (amongst other things), namely level 4 and 5. Also, it is day 7.

Do you always choose the higher level creature dwelling, or do you have another criterium (i.e always choosing the shooter)?

Succubi or hell chargers?

Vampires or liches?

Druids or unicorns?

Dark raider or hydra?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Oct 2006, 22:06

Succubi, Vampires, Druids and Hydra!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Oct 2006, 22:10

Depends on the available resources.But Ill always rather go with succubi,druids,liches and hydras,because those are the units I use more often.

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 14 Oct 2006, 22:13

succubi - lich - druid - hydra

Those creatures are better for map cleaning

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Oct 2006, 22:25

On second though in H5 Liches might be more worth it then Vamps.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Town level 9: What do you choose

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Oct 2006, 23:18

Succubi if only because they allow pit fiends to be built.If you build the chargers and can't find sulfur for the succubi you'll have no pit fiends too.

Vampires as I upg them on week 2,day 1.Better at dealing with ranged and cerberi than liches.

Druids cause you'll have 2 ranged stacks with the hunters,a good advantage.

Hydra due to durability.Hydras as tanks with blood furies as damage dealers work wonders.Raiders die,hydras don't.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Oct 2006, 00:33

Succubi to get a ranged attacker.
Vampires because they are just a great all-around unit.
Druids for the shooting/spell-casting.
Grim Raiders because of their speed.

Shouldn't leave out the other kingdoms.

Mages because of their utility.
Griffins because of Battledive.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 15 Oct 2006, 03:27

Elvin wrote:Vampires as I upg them on week 2,day 1.Better at dealing with ranged and cerberi than liches
Standard vampires are pure s**t, and if you upgrade them on week 2 you will hurt your development procces terribly!

In addition, vampire lords need 2 turns to reach enemy shooters and lichs can hit those shooters in the first turn. If you want to obstruct neutral shooters then buy 2 or 3 ghosts, but forget vampires.

The ideal neutral-killer combination for necro is a big stack of s.archers + some lichs + 2 or 3 ghosts + a pack of zombies. If you fight against shooters you must use s.archers+lichs+gosts, and if you fight against fast deadly walkers like paladins or grim raiders you must use only s.archers+zombies, but against "standard" creatures you only need s.archers+lichs. This amazing high-quaity sequences should illustrate you :D (NOTE: The skeleton with the number 1 in the helmet means = only 1 skeleton. Ghosts does not appear because they are ghosts! ... seriously, I have lost that GIF lol):

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 15 Oct 2006, 07:01

Succubi, Liches, and Vampires for me, but as for Dark Raiders and Hydras, I go both ways ;| . Of course Hydras are a much needed tank, but the offensive capabilities of lizard bite available with an upgrade are hard to put down. Unlike Vamps which aren't worth the upgrade until later, I find the raider upgrade a pretty good deal.

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 15 Oct 2006, 07:50

Succubi, Liches, Druids, and probably Hydras. The first three because they are missile troops, which I always favour.

Of course this is not a hard and fast rule, it depends if I need the resources for something else soon, if I have picked up any neutral troops, and any current threats.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Oct 2006, 07:59

For me it is a simple rule. Ranged>Flyers>Melee. Magic Using ranged is always a bonus :). Now if there is a flyer capable of reaching the ranged before they act then it gets chosen first :). But I would choose Grim Riders over Hydra's for now, and as soon as I can upgrade for the bite effect. They can really cause havoc then.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Oct 2006, 10:23

@Adicto
:rofl: LOOOL! :rofl: Yes that was pretty insightful.Too bad I don't understand what the units say.
I still stick with vamp lords because:Eventually you'll lose liches against master hunters esp if they are lots/horde while vamps will move just out of their full range and regain what they lost in their next action.Also liches can't do much against a horde of cerberi.And if you just surround your skellies with weak stacks the creberi will probably open the way(with ghosts it's risky) with their triple strike and you'll have casualties.IF you have that many skellies to want to risk it.Also vamps can make large slow stacks moving back and forth defeating neutrals the liches can't.If I got eternal servitude early I'd risk going for liches but it depends.Just in case you are wondering why I'm talking about hunters and cerberi in my last games I see them everywhere!Argh...
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 11:12

Elvin wrote:@Adicto
:rofl: LOOOL! :rofl: Yes that was pretty insightful.Too bad I don't understand what the units say.
The Lich says I'm absurdly large.

I think the Zombie says he's a good shield/tank or something like that. The first Skeleton says Hello.

Then the second one says Hello Again. The Skeleton with the 1 on his helme t asks Why me? Why?

wayne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wayne » 15 Oct 2006, 11:23

Same answers as Adicto

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Oct 2006, 11:26

Thanks TT :) Makes you wonder what other creatures would say!

Edit:I completely forgot that:'Standard vampires are pure s**t, and if you upgrade them on week 2 you will hurt your development procces terribly! '
But the lords are more than fine and to upg them you need crystal and gems you'll always have and won't prevent you from building something else.4000 is expendable for necropolis.
- Metathron

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 Oct 2006, 21:36

Depends on which day of week it is and how much resources I got.

But generally it's: City Hall --> Magical ranged --> Ranged --> Special good creature --> rest.

That would go something like: City Hall if it is the last day of the week. Then Druids. If Dungeon, then Hydras first.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 16 Oct 2006, 02:52

I go for Chargers since Succubi are relatively weak and need to be stockpiled for upgrading.

With Sylvan, I may need the Druids to attack Ghosts/Spectres. If not, I prefer the Unicorns, who can soak up damage without taking losses and also protect the Hunters.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Cabreva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabreva » 16 Oct 2006, 18:06

I play only Sylvan and Heaven :P
Always im going druyds. I like the elf ranged army so much! Unicorns only if im playing ylthin =)

When playing Heaven normally i already have built gryfin tower in day 6 or day 7, or never in the game iwill use them. And never I build monastery before getting paladins, that is my playstyle.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”