Dying community??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 14 Oct 2006, 22:22

Sir Alock wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
Sir Alock wrote: This part makes no sense to me! I mean, come on...Fancy 3D graphics cards? I have a computer that's almost 4 years old (AMD Athlon 64 3500/1 GB RAM & my trusty 6800GT AGP 256 MB VC) I run the game with maxed out settings! Did I mention that my computer is 4 years old? Get the picture? It's not 1999 anymore. Any gamer worth thier salt owns @ least a middle of the road 3D VC tha can push HoMMV just fine. Those who do not, shouldn't be into PC Gaming IMHO.
I think you're confusing HoMM players with gamers there lad. And IMHO the graphics don't really justify the reqs.

And my PC was stats very similar to your, and it lagged like hell on any setting higher the Very Low pretty fast. That might have gotten better with the patches.

And how is it that your PC is 4 years old when the GeForce 6 series only came out in 2004?! :|
Simple: I had an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro installed & purchased my eVGA 6800GT on 11/26/04. Easy & short money upgrade. Everything else is original. Card is almost two years old & runs all my games including Rise of Legends, which is very taxing on any VC. People need to upgrade their VC's every two years @ least. But then again, that's just me.

I agree! :-D
Using outdated video cards is sooo stupid.
If all you people don't get a strong hardware, the game producres might be forced to create lame games with horrible graphics!!!!!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Oct 2006, 22:28

Shuyssar wrote: I agree! :-D
If all you people don't get a strong hardware, the game producres might be forced to create lame games with horrible graphics!!!!!
Someone pls bring some fire, it's the only way to make sure he's dead.

And most 3D strategy games look awfull, you can always tell coz after their time has passed everyone agrees about it, but games like Starcraft still look good today.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Oct 2006, 22:31

Shuyssar wrote: I agree! :-D
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You outdid yourself this time.Damn!I have to go to surgery now,cause I literally bursted! :rofl:

Lets see.....Were to start rebuting...How about,computers arent used just for gaming,but for studying and work as well.I didnt buy my computer just so I could play some games on it.I need it for my college,and I used it a lot during the highschool.I also did a few jobs by it.So its an excelent investment.If I only used it for games,Id buy a console,which is much cheaper.

Second,calling a game lame just because of its graphics?Well,only children can do that,really.Personally,I still love playing some oldies like SC,HIII,MOO2,X-com,etc.I find those much more enjoyable then one shot games like,for example far cry,which has indeed beautifull graphics,but isnt worth the CD its burned on.Graphics are a marginal thing.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 15 Oct 2006, 00:31

Someone pls bring some fire, it's the only way to make sure he's dead.
ROFLMAO!

acid storm! acid storm!

dc5850
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dc5850 » 15 Oct 2006, 01:26

Lady Farquad wrote:I don't think our community is dying, it's rather waiting.
I agree. But I also think that if HoF doesn't deliver something significant it may be time to contact a coroner. Perhaps the modding community could save Heroes, but I'm starting to question whether Ubi/Nival can.

Kostaghus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Are people really rushing in HOMM 5 or...

Unread postby Kostaghus » 15 Oct 2006, 05:36

Personally I think the game is definitely not as good as HOMM4 or 3 or even 2. I've been into this game ever since HOMM1, but it has had a kind of "the same feeling" all along...
I've bought HOMM5 some 6 months ago and after the initial try (still eating a lot of resources... very slow on my machine- Mobile Thurion 64 1GB RAM and 256 MB video, 80GB HDD. Furthermore, it's too much like Warcraft 3... with all that gibberish skeletal animation... I personally liked A LOT HOMM 1 to 4. 3DO really knew what it was doing... Seems like UBISOFT tries to reinvent the game... and they're pretty messy at it...
Not the same "gameplay feeling" anymore... I've been sticking to the old HOMM 3 and 4 actually...
Smile, tomorrow will be worse!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Oct 2006, 05:43

A lot of people are. Which says a lot imho. I mean yeah, h5 has some flashy graphics...so? When most are putting it aside to play the non-flashy graphics ones, this should say a lot. Graphics is not as important as gameplay, originality, and imagination. Ubi really seems to be lacking in the last 3. For now. I am not saying they wont pick it up later :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Oct 2006, 05:50

Mytical wrote:A lot of people are. Which says a lot imho. I mean yeah, h5 has some flashy graphics...so? When most are putting it aside to play the non-flashy graphics ones, this should say a lot. Graphics is not as important as gameplay, originality, and imagination. Ubi really seems to be lacking in the last 3. For now. I am not saying they wont pick it up later :).
You are soooo stupid for playing those lame games with their horrible graphics.And you are ignorant as well. :devious:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Oct 2006, 05:55

Well the community is not dying because of one of the games however. Some of us actually do think there are good things in H5, and hope that things will improve. Only time will tell. There are those who seem to think everything is peaches n cream, which is there right. Only thing I do not understand is, after every patch things change, yet all the changes are as brilliant as the things they changed...*shrug*. They actually are taking small steps in the right direction..now if they will just take a few larger steps, faster, then we might have a great game on our hands.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 15 Oct 2006, 09:48

uh, mytical, just in case you were wondering, I think that DL's last comment was intended as a pun on the earlier one by Shuyssar, not really as a poke at you.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Oct 2006, 09:50

Oh I know, I just chose to ignore it *grins*, DL is ok in my book (of course it is a very evil book but hey). Just getting the thread back on topic ;).

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 15 Oct 2006, 10:09

I agree!
Jezes .. what a dum..
.. but wait! oh god, he is right! People!! Lets stop bying new video cards and thus Heroes6 would be optimized ... or even.. it would be damn good 2D :D :D :D
And most 3D strategy games look awfull, you can always tell coz after their time has passed everyone agrees about it, but games like Starcraft still look good today.
True. And lets look at H4 adventure screen in some good detailed map - its awesome. Nevetheless 4 years have passed. And it will keep looking like this for eternity :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 11:03

Mytical wrote:Some of us actually do think there are good things in H5, and hope that things will improve.
Even DL admited there are good things about it. Too bad some ppl considered the good thing enough of a justification for taking out stuff that was even in H3.

@Mist Weaver:

The angle is annoying though. And the creatures could have used some better looks. But the engine is great.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 15 Oct 2006, 11:36

just take a look on official ubi homm5 forum... most of them think it is greatest game ever. from the lack of posts there, i get the feeling all others get banned quickly...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 11:41

I belive that the ppl that didn't like the game just left the other forums. It's just that some of us like this forum enough to stick around anyway.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 15 Oct 2006, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 15 Oct 2006, 11:53

DaemianLucifer wrote: Even though the HV is easily modable,and the editor is powerful,the core gameplay of HIV is much better.
Yes, H5 is easily modable, and the editor is powerful but actualy that means almost nothing.
In h4 you could make whatever you want. A lot of types of terrain, thousands of objects, huge maps, game mechanics and message boxes - provided tons of opportunities. RPG style, Quest style, Skirmish - whatever you like and where you like.

And this "powerfull" h5 editor can do only evergreen gardens with some windmills and sunflowers around. Thats why I belive h5 will have much less fan-maps than h4 has.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 15 Oct 2006, 11:58

ThunderTitan wrote: The angle is annoying though. And the creatures could have used some better looks. But the engine is great.
Agree on creatures. But the angle is fine with me, it shows much detailed and complex picture than top-down.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 12:01

MistWeaver wrote: Agree on creatures. But the angle is fine with me, it shows much detailed and complex picture than top-down.
Yeah, but it's annoying how you have to get used to it everytime. Maybe if it showed more of the map it wouldn't be so bad in the beginning.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Oct 2006, 15:28

vhilhu wrote:just take a look on official ubi homm5 forum... most of them think it is greatest game ever. from the lack of posts there, i get the feeling all others get banned quickly...
You are an ignorant liar! :disagree: Thats not whats going on there! :disagree: This game is da best eva!It rulz!!!11

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 15 Oct 2006, 16:01

I won't let this community die! The game does not deserve it. I will tell my freinds to join the forum!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

Return to “Heroes V-VI”