Dying community??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Oct 2006, 06:07

This community is great, but the most of the active members are unserious and sometimes even very rude!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 16 Oct 2006, 06:09

Thank you Shuyssar, I am proud to be "unserious", not sure about the rude bit though ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Oct 2006, 06:11

Hmm it is rude to call people rude. You are unserious and rude.

On a semi serious note...Yep deffinately unserious, and yep sometimes rude. But this community does have some bright points and we don't take ourselves very seriously. That is a good point (expect these comments to be 'purged').
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Oct 2006, 07:28

Shuyssar wrote:This community is great, but the most of the active members are unserious and sometimes even very rude!
Hello, that's contradiction, you know that, yes? Here is no need to hasty reactions in any way and I bet that you would like to contribute with longer thoughts also... :D

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 16 Oct 2006, 10:08

I have long thoughts!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 16 Oct 2006, 10:30

Shuyssar wrote:I have long thoughts!
...Whose main points are summarised in one-liners!You are funny,you know that? :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 14:10

Mytical wrote:Hmm it is rude to call people rude. You are unserious and rude.
Omg,its contageous :devil:
You do?Really?Well,its hard to tell when you post only one liners.
Shuyssar wrote:This community is great, but the most of the active members are unserious and sometimes even very rude!
I guess you never heard of jesus,you hypocrit :devious:

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Oct 2006, 19:22

Shuyssar wrote:
I have long thoughts!
hey, he's really Jack Handey!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Handey

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 16 Oct 2006, 20:32

Well of course you do :) ....Now it's just a matter of getting them written and you're golden :-D

And communities for failed games are always small. Can be seen as dying compared to communities of hit titles. Even Tiberian Sun got active forum users (the intelligence on them are seriously questioned though).
Last edited by Campaigner on 16 Oct 2006, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 20:33

Yes,and there are still people that try to make EEII work.I pity those the most.

Laserluger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Laserluger » 17 Oct 2006, 09:25

Yes dear friend, that is so true. But remember....

We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in this forum and on all of the net; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in 3d-graphics. We shall defend our opinions whatever the cost may be; We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, Our love for Nival or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then other noble firms, like EA, beyond the seas, armed and guarded by their creativity, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the old 2d-games with their stupid focus on game-
play and quality, is all gone and replaced by the new breed.

Thanks for guiding me to this forum,,, friend.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Oct 2006, 09:39

The community has had some rough times lately, so out of respect I will not respond to the above post, as much as I wish to. Instead I will say only this. Each person in this wonderful community can be proud that unlike some forums things rarely get out of control, so the community may never die, even if the series does. The mods, the class of people (for the most part) know the limits of decency. As long as we can have fun and joke with each other and pick on each other (a little) and not take ourselves too seriously this community will never truely die.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Oct 2006, 12:05

So I fervently hope, since joining the community (well my account was created new with the new forums, but didn't start posting and being a real member of the community) around the middle of May, I have come to appreciate it's members, even those whom I disagree with quite a bit - here's looking at you JJ ;) - and especially those who frequent the campfire, you should know who you are .... sure there are a few who IMO are a waste of bandwidth, but they are in the minority

So while the quality people remain, this communities backbone will remain strong

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Oct 2006, 12:12

stefan.urlus wrote:I have come to appreciate it's members...
... says the guy who's about to appear in the RTW... :devious:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 Oct 2006, 12:51

Uh oh .... .... .... ....

have I finally cracked that bastion??!!

.... I'm scared now!!! :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 17 Oct 2006, 12:58

RTW? Can I get in? Can I can I? :oex: oh maybe I should find out what it is first....hehe CH rules :)!

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 17 Oct 2006, 13:04

Erm, what is RTW? Round Table Weekly?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Oct 2006, 14:59

Mytical wrote:The community has had some rough times lately, so out of respect I will not respond to the above post, as much as I wish to. Instead I will say only this. Each person in this wonderful community can be proud that unlike some forums things rarely get out of control, so the community may never die, even if the series does. The mods, the class of people (for the most part) know the limits of decency. As long as we can have fun and joke with each other and pick on each other (a little) and not take ourselves too seriously this community will never truely die.
The series will never trully dies,because people will continue playing the previous heroes for a looooong time.
Mytical wrote:RTW? Can I get in? Can I can I? :oex: oh maybe I should find out what it is first....hehe CH rules :)!
Really?You never read even one thing from here?Well,that will earn you a spot there for sure :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Oct 2006, 15:18

stefan.urlus wrote: have I finally cracked that bastion??!!
Took you long enough.... :tongue:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 17 Oct 2006, 15:29

You are right it's the people that keep this place alive,not the game or any game.To say that we come here for just learning news and strategies for heroes would be a lie,we enjoy the interaction with the other members(usually :D ) and know it is a friendly place for us.And although I've been here for a short time I have come to develop an appreciation and fondness for the community.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”