Dying community??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 17:18

Shuyssar wrote:I will tell my friends to join the forum!
I'm unsure how that makes me feel.

It could prove an interesting insight into you, or we'd just get more creepy one-liners.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 15 Oct 2006, 17:22

Shuyssar wrote: I will tell my freinds to join the forum!
I've already told my friend to. Not sure if he will actually join though, his name could be Sir Lurkalot.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Oct 2006, 17:41

I've told one of my friends to join back in January. The site said he was user #5000 :D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 17:43

theLuckyDragon wrote:I've told one of my friends to join back in January. The site said he was user #5000 :D
And we haven't seen him since.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 15 Oct 2006, 17:43

I never use creepy one liners! You are creepy!
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. " -Gandalf

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Oct 2006, 17:45

ThunderTitan wrote:
theLuckyDragon wrote:I've told one of my friends to join back in January. The site said he was user #5000 :D
And we haven't seen him since.
He just did it for the prize.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 17:51

theLuckyDragon wrote: He just did it for the prize.
I always wanted a duck too.
Creepy-one-liner-guy wrote:I never use creepy one liners! You are creepy!
Only to those that know me. :devil:

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 15 Oct 2006, 20:40

ThunderTitan wrote:I belive that the ppl that didn't like the game just left the other forums. It's just that some of us like this forum enough to stick around anyway.
Like me :)

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 15 Oct 2006, 21:38

MistWeaver wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Even though the HV is easily modable,and the editor is powerful,the core gameplay of HIV is much better.
Yes, H5 is easily modable, and the editor is powerful but actualy that means almost nothing.
In h4 you could make whatever you want. A lot of types of terrain, thousands of objects, huge maps, game mechanics and message boxes - provided tons of opportunities. RPG style, Quest style, Skirmish - whatever you like and where you like.

And this "powerfull" h5 editor can do only evergreen gardens with some windmills and sunflowers around. Thats why I belive h5 will have much less fan-maps than h4 has.

I would not say that Heroes V is easy to mod. There are a lot of barely understandable XML files, but no programming hooks. Many of the key attributes, like creature powers and artifact properties, are hidden away. And there is no provision at startup for loading mods. If you want to see a mod-friendly game, get Civ IV.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Oct 2006, 21:43

Caradoc wrote: I would not say that Heroes V is easy to mod. There are a lot of barely understandable XML files, but no programming hooks. Many of the key attributes, like creature powers and artifact properties, are hidden away. And there is no provision at startup for loading mods. If you want to see a mod-friendly game, get Civ IV.
By easily modable I meant easier then in previous sequel.Of course its nothing even close to civ.But civilization has a mod support that stretches all the way to the first one,while HV is the first sequel that can be modded without some special knowledge.

dc5850
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dc5850 » 15 Oct 2006, 22:40

vhilhu wrote:just take a look on official ubi homm5 forum... most of them think it is greatest game ever. from the lack of posts there, i get the feeling all others get banned quickly...
I'm a regular on the Ubi forum and from what I've seen a majority of the post are negative. The only people I've seen banned (and usually for just a couple of weeks) have been due to flaming with obscene language. I'm pretty sure that these people show up a few days later anyway under a different name.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Oct 2006, 22:47

dc5850 wrote:The only people I've seen banned (and usually for just a couple of weeks) have been due to flaming with obscene language.
Or rabid anti-SF language. Ain't that right HP. ;)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 16 Oct 2006, 02:43

Someone pls bring some fire, it's the only way to make sure he's dead.
pure gold

I have a comment about the community "dying" - i feel it has got a bit quieter than of late, but that this is more a cycle of the life of a game community, regardless of what i think of this game, I will still hang around cause of some of the people here and cause of what the community is
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 02:59

So,the (blue) orbs have gotten you as well,eh?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 16 Oct 2006, 03:01

well Milla was one of the people, but certainly not the only one .... and the rpg is another that i really enjoy .... some bits more than others ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 16 Oct 2006, 03:10

The Might and Magic Universe and The Heroes series are very much like The James Bond Movie Series...

The technology and the gadgets have gotten cooler through the years.

Those people that started watching when Roger Moore was Bond (HOMM3) might even like him better than Connery (HOMM 1-2). People might have enjoyed Brosnon 007 (HOMM4) but now we have a new Bond* (HOMM5).

We have many different favorite Bonds or versions of the game but many of us have played several different versions and many can appreciate all or most the games.

Don't get bogged down in getting hostile or overly defensive when someone has a different opinion. Just be happy they enjoy the series, even if they are totally wrong about liking HOMM3 and totally dissing HOMM4 (oops... slipped that in).

Also, be a little understanding. Some of us take a long time to get into the new versions, especially those of us who are ancients in the series.

*Daniel Craig is the new Bond.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 03:12

The private bits you mean :devious: And dont forget shussar.It was a bit boring before he came,especially with JJ becoming all nice :devil:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 16 Oct 2006, 04:01

Well since the community is dead thread has gotten to seven pages I've decided the community is alive. It may be small, it may be the same few people talking to each other but it's alive.

Heroes V is evolving still, but eventually it will settle.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Oct 2006, 04:28

PhoenixReborn wrote:Well since the community is dead thread has gotten to seven pages I've decided the community is alive. It may be small, it may be the same few people talking to each other but it's alive.
If by alive you also consider undead and horrible and unthinkable abominations from the beyond,then yes,it is alive :devil:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 16 Oct 2006, 05:54

Finally I finished replaying the campaign on 1.3! I am more happy it is over than that I beat the boss (again).

Anyways, long live the community!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”