I am (finally) getting started with Heroes V

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 01 Mar 2007, 13:19

Banedon wrote: I think right now the biggest flaw with Heroes 5 (aside from it not being novel enough) is its abject slowness. Even with this powerful computer it takes a quite some time to load, for the AI to move, for a battle to end, etc. Another serious flaw is the lack of an inbuild 'skill-wheel', such that I've no idea without checking this website what is needed for a Ranger to learn Silent Stalker.
For me the second reason is not memorizing the skills but the lack of adventure map strategy. I am not really fightning for a territory. It is my town and opponents town and its all about a duel. Recently I have played a lot of Homm 2 again (much more than H5). Even when having a hero who could beat every opponent, victory is sometimes very shaky because the lone hero cannot handle all the towns and territory from multiple enemy attacks. And having less towns and territory than enemy means that his strength grows faster.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 02 Mar 2007, 03:30

Most definitely! I agree completely!

Heroes V is WAY too slow to be fun.
It's hard to place a finger on what exactly it is, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. It doesn't have the replay value of Heroes 3, IMO.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “Heroes V-VI”