UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
addicted
Conscript
Conscript

UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date

Unread postby addicted » 10 Oct 2006, 17:11

On UBI's pre-order website, it lists released date as OCT-2006 but don't give a day. It also list the expansion selling for $29.95
UBI PrdOrder Site

UBI's Hammers of Fate Store webpage doesn't show a picture of the expansion game box (if no game box picture, does that mean the game box hasn't even been made yet & its almost at the release date? hmmmm.) Here is what the page says,
Quote; "Heroes of Might & Magic® V: Hammers of Fate - PC
$29.99

Platform: PC
Release Date: Oct. 2006
ESRB:

About Heroes of Might & Magic V: Hammers of Fate:

Take part into a thrilling new adventure in the world of Ashan with the Hammers of Fate expansion. Discover uncharted territories and experience new ways of playing Heroes of Might & Magic V.

Queen Isabel's war is over and the Griffin Empire is on its knees. The Empire is paralyzed by a vicious civil war, having barely recovered from the massive conflict against the demon hordes and the undead legions.

Isabel, now worshipped as a Saint, leads a merciless inquisition to purge the Empire of any trace of corruption. Rebel forces gather at the fringe of the realm to counter the Queen's fanatics. Meanwhile, from the north awakens a new power. After centuries of isolation, the Mountain Lords once again fuel their forges and blow their war horns...

Game Features:
New faction:
Introducing a brand-new Dwarves faction, made up of heroic warriors and rune magic adepts who stalk the deepest mountains and most hostile regions of the North

A brand-new adventure:
Featuring 15 new missions, new heroes, and improved cut-scenes, the new campaign will lead you even deeper into the dramatic events that began with Heroes of Might and Magic V.

Extended game experience:
With new spells and abilities, 5 new single-player maps, 10 new multiplayer maps, new buildings, new artefacts, and new neutral creatures, Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate gives you the tools to develop new tactics and further your game experience both online and offline.

Improved mechanics and gameplay:
Thanks to new features such as Caravans and a random map generator, you will enjoy an even smoother experience and unlimited replayability. In addition, the simultaneous turn feature will speed up your online games.
" Unquote.
Hammers of Fate Store Website
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Oct 2006, 17:17

Featuring 15 new missions, new heroes, and improved cut-scenes, the new campaign will lead you even deeper into the dramatic events that began with Heroes of Might and Magic V.
When you say it like that it sounds really good.But we shall see.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 10 Oct 2006, 18:44

Am I the only one who thinks $30 is an awful lot for a measly expansion?

And on a related note…Isabel worshipped as a Saint?! How stupid are these people?!! If they’re purging the country she ought to be the first to go…or did I miss something in all the Isabel-gives-birth-to/is-the-Demon-Messiah debates?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 10 Oct 2006, 18:51

Well to buy all of this I think you should first dig the story in the original game... which I find really weak and insipid...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Oct 2006, 19:52

Kareeah Indaga wrote: And on a related note…Isabel worshipped as a Saint?! How stupid are these people?!! If they’re purging the country she ought to be the first to go…or did I miss something in all the Isabel-gives-birth-to/is-the-Demon-Messiah debates?
A poor choice of words imo.I think the renegades are the good guys,and isabel will lead the red haven.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: UBI's Hammers of Fate Release Date

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Oct 2006, 20:01

DaemianLucifer wrote: When you say it like that it sounds really good.But we shall see.
Marketing can work wonders. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 10 Oct 2006, 21:10

So it is a sequel then? I kept hearing all this "it takes place between the campaigns" stuff (I don't remember which one, probably sometime after the Necro campaign). But this is a lot better IMO :P

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Oct 2006, 21:11

Warlock wrote:So it is a sequel then? I kept hearing all this "it takes place between the campaigns" stuff (I don't remember which one, probably sometime after the Necro campaign). But this is a lot better IMO :P
Actually it does take place between the campaigns.The sequel to a story is not the same as sequel to a whole game.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 10 Oct 2006, 22:00

um, no it isnt, but how can it be a sequal to a story if it happens inbetween the main story? duh. not a sequal then is it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Oct 2006, 22:36

Maybe it happens during the Sylvan campaign and we get some more info on Isabel or something.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Oct 2006, 00:31

Maybe I have missed something but there will be 3 main campaigns featuring the dwarves and haven for sure.These may be happening simultaneously but I've also seen somewhere that it takes place during the initial campaign.So what I believe is that the haven campaign is a continuation and either the dwarves or the other faction's campaign takes place just before that to explain some things we missed.Maybe we'll get to know how the dwarves got their fire powers back as it is obvious from their units and/or what happened to lord Caldwell during the necro invasion.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 11 Oct 2006, 02:35

um, no it isnt, but how can it be a sequal to a story if it happens inbetween the main story? duh. not a sequal then is it.
they're taking a cue from Lucas' "prequels" and they're doing an "interquel".

:-D

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 11 Oct 2006, 06:08

No reason to argue. It IS a sequel, and it takes place a short time after the events of campaign 6 of the main game and the 3 campaigns tell a continous story - in fact it's all one continuing story.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 11 Oct 2006, 11:11

The swedish site Webbhallen.se says
Releasedate: 2006-11-24 :S

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 11 Oct 2006, 15:08

Sir_Toejam wrote:they're taking a cue from Lucas' "prequels" and they're doing an "interquel".

:-D
We're talking Ubival here, which means that the first place to check for were it could be taken from is H3. And lo and behold, SoD took place before the RoE campaigns (and between the H2 and H3 campaigns). Case closed.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 11 Oct 2006, 16:05

*Sigh* Sometimes you feel like you're talking to walls. No need for acid speculations when the facts are already known.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2006, 17:30

Jolly Joker wrote:No need for acid speculations when the facts are already known.
Spoil sport. :tongue:

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 11 Oct 2006, 18:26

Guilty.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2006, 18:40

Jolly Joker wrote:Guilty.
20 years hard labour in a dwarf mining camp for you.

So, is the story about Dwarfs vs. Renegade humans?!

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Oct 2006, 19:00

And which faction is the remaining campaign for?Surely not the good side of haven as opposed to the red one?Academy deserves some more action apart from the desirable resource cost decrease :) Then again I'd be sure to enjoy it no matter what!
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”