Pendant of mastery!!???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Pendant of mastery!!???

Unread postby Bahototh » 10 Oct 2006, 16:27

Ok, I cant figure out how I Use/Benefit the "Pendant of mastery"!

Please explain to my feeble mind how this one works?

Thanx

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Oct 2006, 16:30

The pendant adds one level to your hero's main skill (that is, gating for Demon Lord, Necromancy for Necromancer, etc). If you are already on level 3 for that skill (advanced level) the skill becomes "ultimate", allowing you to select four creatures as enemies for the Ranger for instance.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 11 Oct 2006, 17:38

Marzhin wrote:The pendant adds one level to your hero's main skill (that is, gating for Demon Lord, Necromancy for Necromancer, etc). If you are already on level 3 for that skill (advanced level)

expert skill, he means, of course. :D
the skill becomes "ultimate", allowing you to select four creatures as enemies for the Ranger for instance.
For most heroes, it improves the skill as expected (10% more necromancy, another favored enemy, higher level inferno creatures can gate a larger percentage of troops, magic is more irresistable, counterstrike percentage grows.)
For Academy, however, it does NOT allow a 4th attribute on a creature artifact, but rather halves the cost of making one.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 12 Oct 2006, 09:12

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
Marzhin wrote:The pendant adds one level to your hero's main skill (that is, gating for Demon Lord, Necromancy for Necromancer, etc). If you are already on level 3 for that skill (advanced level)

expert skill, he means, of course. :D
Err, yes...

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 12 Oct 2006, 11:37

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:For Academy, however, it does NOT allow a 4th attribute on a creature artifact, but rather halves the cost of making one.
Strange, but I never experience that difference. I mean, the artifact usually cost the same amount of resources no matter the skill goes. Am I playing a wrong game ?

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 12 Oct 2006, 12:38

If you are playing Heroes of Might and Magic 5, you're playing the right game!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Oct 2006, 14:18

BoardGuest808888 wrote: Strange, but I never experience that difference. I mean, the artifact usually cost the same amount of resources no matter the skill goes. Am I playing a wrong game ?
I think it is a bug that was fixed by one of the patches.
Shuyssar wrote:If you are playing Heroes of Might and Magic 5, you're playing the right game!
:lolu: :lolu: Man,that is soo constructive :rofl: :rofl: Wheres that quotes page?I need to update it :rofl:

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 13 Oct 2006, 15:22

I still have the feeling I bought the wrong game... :disagree:

Patching eternal, yeah right :mad:
Morior, ergo sum

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Pendant of mastery!!???

Unread postby tumorbane » 13 Oct 2006, 15:32

I think for Demon Lords, ultimate gating allows Devils to be gated as well. I found that hugely useful once.

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 13 Oct 2006, 15:55

The pendant of mastery should be used when your racial skill is at expert level.

Ultimate gating is very good. More archdevils with the ability to summon another few pit lords from corpses is a very potent force! If anyone plays inferno u should know the importance of pitlords and archdevils in a big battle.
Shuyssar wrote:If you are playing Heroes of Might and Magic 5, you're playing the right game!
Is this guy for comic relief or is he doing it on purpose? It seems to bring a smile to my face whenever I read his posts.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Oct 2006, 19:34

Even if you don't have your skill to expert the Pendant is still very useful. Always increases it to the next skill level for free. So if you've been concentrating on other skills, this works as a temporary 'patch' until you can max out the skill. Never a bad thing. Still so hard to find and/or get it is crazy. When you find it; however, do whatever you can to make sure it does not fall into your enemies hands.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 14 Oct 2006, 13:33

I tried again using Pendant and not, still not working like that, the cost for artifacts still same like expert level. Which patch fixed that ?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Oct 2006, 15:04

I think 1.2 fixed it.But you can always go all the way and apply 1.3 so you wont have to worry about that.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Oct 2006, 09:29

1.2 fixed it, and 1.3 made it impossible to earn resources by making an artifact with the pedant equipped and then disassembling it without the pedant.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”