"The Refugees"

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

"The Refugees"

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 08 Oct 2006, 14:43

In the first mission of the Sylvan campaign, I've run into the bug described in the "Bug-list" : The red player, Biara, never shows up, no matter how many times I restart or reload... I've tried loading, not loading, saving, not saving, restarting several times... Nothing works! :devious:

So I'm stuck!! And pretty annoyed... :devil:

Is this problem going to be fixed in a patch 1.4 or what? Because I would be really sad to own a 6 campaign game, with only 4 campaigns possible to play...!! :(

Does anyone know about a possible patch 1.4 or does anyone have other ideas for me...? I'm dying to move on with the game, I'm looking forward to maybe some day being able to play the Academy campaign...!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Oct 2006, 14:57

You can ask someone to give you a save after that campaign,or you could cheat it over.I wouldnt wait for 1.4 because 1.3 arived just recently(and a lot late),and the expansion will come soon™.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 08 Oct 2006, 17:23

So I take that you are playing on patch 1.3? You are not the first 1.3 user who had no Biara.

1.1 and. 1.2 used to work for me. Try reinstall and stop at patch 1.2, just for this mission.

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 09 Oct 2006, 09:56

Thank you for the answers! :)

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else, who plays HOMM, and I certainly don't posses technical insight enough to use the cheat, I've been reading about in here... I'm a computer simpleton!

And that brings me to my next question; if I re-install the game, and only download patches 1.1 and 1.2, will my saves get deleted, so I'll have to start all over again from the Haven campaign, or what...? :|

Please help a "damsel in distress" :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Oct 2006, 09:59

No you get the options of keeping your saved games. And I would stop at 1.1 and use the simple cheats if nothing else :). Or I am sure somebody here might have a save game for ya :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

corianteri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby corianteri » 09 Oct 2006, 13:21

I'm having the same problem. It really is annoying, and I don't know anyone who plays HV. I didn't actually even know that Biara was supposed to come...

Can't get the cheats working either, so I suppose I am another "damsel in distress". :/

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 09 Oct 2006, 15:03

MaywedaGirl wrote:I'm a computer simpleton!
:rofl:
Re install, and don't patch at all. I know there are bugs, but that's the way I could finish sylvan campaign.
(I'm not a computer simpleton but I just can't get the grip on cheating procedures)
Morior, ergo sum

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Oct 2006, 17:12

I think somone should post a savegame that has all the missions opent on the CH.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 10 Oct 2006, 06:46

I just had a run on patch 1.3 heroic, and everything proceeded normal although I loaded the game probably more than 20 times. :D

In case you want a save just at the end of this mission, here you go (this is my save):

https://www.celestialheavens.com/featur ... save_4.sav

(To save up web space I will delete this file after 48 hours.)

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 10 Oct 2006, 08:18

Hm... Maybe it's because I'm playing the game very far from heroic... On "easy", to be perfectly honest...!
:baby:
I have no idea what's going wrong with my game, but thank you very much for the save!! You're not only a gamesaver but a lifesaver! Thanks! :D

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 10 Oct 2006, 15:22

... And it just dawned on me; I have NO idea what to do with your save-link...?! I've tried saving it on my computer... And...? What's that supposed to do, and what am I doing wrong?! I REALLY wasn't kidding about the "computer simpleton" - part... Heeeelp!!! :baby:

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 10 Oct 2006, 20:32

maltz wrote:So I take that you are playing on patch 1.3? You are not the first 1.3 user who had no Biara.

1.1 and. 1.2 used to work for me. Try reinstall and stop at patch 1.2, just for this mission.
Damn!! I uninstalled, reinstalled and stopped at patch 1.1, and then at 1.2.

Still no Biara...! :( So I'm too dumb to use peoples saves and not using patch 1.3 doesn't work... I'm REALLY on the edge of my nerves here...!! :tired:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 11 Oct 2006, 02:10

Put that save file in:

My Documents/My Games/Heroes of Might and Magic V/Profiles/(Your Profile Name)/Saves/

And you should be able to find the link to My Documents just on your Start panel (or C:\Document and Settings\(Your user name)\)

This save file is made in patch 1.3, so you will need patch 1.3 to run it.

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 11 Oct 2006, 08:54

Ok, thanks, I've done exactly as you described... :)

But I can't access the file from the game...? Am I not supposed to be able to "load game", and then load your file...? I can't, eventhough I've saved it under several names, tried replacing some already saved files or just saved under a new name... I still can't load it in the game... :cry:

So I'm still no closer to moving on from that ¤&%#/Q mission... :devil:

I'm really sorry to be such a pain in the...!

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Oct 2006, 08:57

Ok from what I understand go campains in the main menu, and choose the next campain in order from where you are. So that would mean clicking campains, (whatever main campain you were on), then selecting the next one after..if this does not work I am sorry :(....oops forgot a step..
Single player, campains, the main campain you were on, the next one after the one you were stuck on.

Note you will have his skills he, ect not yours :). Just so you know.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 11 Oct 2006, 09:12

Hi!

And thanks for helping me. :)

I'v already tried selecting the next mission, but it's not availabel... :wall:

Unfortunately, because that would be the best solution, so I wouldn't have to play the same stupid mission again for the 117th time, but could go on to mission number 2... I'm REALLY looking foreward to that after spending more time trying to fix this problem than actually playing...! :flame:

Nival : Give us your money, and we'll give you a headache... LOL :D
:thinking:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 11 Oct 2006, 09:19

To make sure you got the right directory, move your existing saves to another place to see if you can still load them.

Also, I think you need to restart the game to have the game recognize new save files.

Another possible operation is to temporarily overwrite your Campaign.sav with mine (which has C5M2 activated). This file stores all characters' information, and campaign progress. It goes to the same save directory.

https://www.celestialheavens.com/featur ... mpaign.sav

But you better make a back up of your own campaign.sav. After overwriting with mine, start a game in C5M2, and save it. Then, overwrite your campaign.sav back, and load your C5M2 save. You will have my Findan, but keep all other characters that you built.

MaywedaGirl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaywedaGirl » 12 Oct 2006, 11:07

Hi again...

I really appreciate everything everyone has done to help me…! So thanks. :hug:

And I know that this is going to sound stupid, but:
I’ve now officially done everything that has been suggested in here… And nothing works! I even tried overwriting the “Campaign.sav”-file as described, I did it correctly… And nothing! :embarrased:

So I guess I’m just going to have to put my HOMM V away until there’s a patch 1.4 released, or a miracle happens… :angel:

I’m the saddest little HOMM-player in the world…! :cry:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 14 Oct 2006, 06:49

The problem should be easy to solve, really. Did you test whether it is the correct directory - the right profile, etc.

corianteri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby corianteri » 16 Oct 2006, 13:49

Well, at least it's working for me. I got bored with restarting the campaign for the n:th time without being able to complete this silly mission and now I'm doing fine. Thank you all. :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”