The towns which should NOT be featured in the expansion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vhilhu
Druid
Druid

The towns which should NOT be featured in the expansion

Unread postby vhilhu » 07 Oct 2006, 14:41

read the title. anyway. there are a lot of town ideas out there which i believe to be bad. My list:

1) Dragon knights (too similar to Haven, it would be boring)
2) Free cities of the East (too similar to Haven, it would be boring)
3) Dragon town (in 4/7 towns, there are dragons already)

(dragon knights is a human order named after dragons, dragon town is a town consisting of dragons, they are not the same)

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The towns which should NOT be featured in the expansion

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 07 Oct 2006, 15:08

vhilhu wrote: there are a lot of town ideas out there which i believe to be bad.
And there are some towns already in the game that I believe to be bad.

Like Haven for having creatures that don't belong like angels and griffins while also doing the medieval concept to death. It's time for a change.

Fortress for seemingly unoriginal and repetitive looking creatures. Since they seem to have norse inspired mythology (which I love), I can't believe how little norse mythological creatures were put in the faction. In fact, no norse creatures were used. Instead they opted for putting bears in a cyber-suit. :disagree:

Inferno's line-up (or at least creature art concepts) could be improved too. Everything looks the same...and ugly. :ill:

Dungeon might as well be a strip club with minotaur bouncers. I don't think we will ever see warlock's return to the glory days of H2. They gave off a regal and dignified aura that has now been completely obscured. H2 was definitely their prime moment. How the heck do those tiny matriarchs rank above the fierce hydras and raging minotaurs? :disagree:

Sylvan isn't too bad, but there is no need for more dragons and elves. I'm sure we could brainstorm more creative ideas for a nature oriented town.

I like Acadamy, but most other people don't like their creature designs and their seem to be a lot of complaints about it being a weak town.
Last edited by mr.hackcrag on 07 Oct 2006, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 07 Oct 2006, 15:16

mr.hackcrag wrote: Stronghold for seemingly unoriginal and repetitive looking creatures. Since they seem to have norse inspired mythology (which I love), I can't believe how little norse mythological creatures were put in the faction. In fact, no norse creatures were used. It seems they opted for putting bears in a cyber-suit. :disagree:
you must have meant FORTRESS not STRONGHOLD, when i first looked at your post i thought like wtf theres someone not wanting stronghold into h5 at all?

i really liked the brown bears. but when i saw the black ones with gryphon gas masks, i got really mad at them too.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Oct 2006, 15:56

mr.hackcrag wrote: Like Haven for having creatures that don't belong like angels and griffins while also doing the medieval concept to death. It's time for a change.

Fortress for seemingly unoriginal and repetitive looking creatures. Since they seem to have norse inspired mythology (which I love), I can't believe how little norse mythological creatures were put in the faction. In fact, no norse creatures were used. Instead they opted for putting bears in a cyber-suit. :disagree:

Inferno's line-up (or at least creature art concepts) could be improved too. Everything looks the same...and ugly. :ill:

Dungeon might as well be a strip club with minotaur bouncers. I don't think we will ever see warlock's return to the glory days of H2. They gave off a regal and dignified aura that has now been completely obscured. H2 was definitely their prime moment. How the heck do those tiny matriarchs rank above the fierce hydras and raging minotaurs? :disagree:

Sylvan isn't too bad, but there is no need for more dragons and elves. I'm sure we could brainstorm more creative ideas for a nature oriented town.

I like Acadamy, but most other people don't like their creature designs and their seem to be a lot of complaints about it being a weak town.
Haven:lol imagine a haven with just humans,are you drunk or did you bet with a friend if you would dare post that? :-D H2 time has passed.
Fortress:Well it's just dwarves in a norse style,not a 'norse' faction.The bears do look...strange ,but then again there are imperial griffins.NOT trying to make an excuse!
Dungeon:I love your perception on its nature :D Matriarchs should be there and if you had read the dark elf trilogy it should seem pretty natural to you.That's where they got the idea.
Sylvan:No dragons?No elves?What do you want,care bears? :devious: Though there could be less of them.
Unfortunately each person has a different image of heroes in his mind.No way they could have satisfied us all but I feel so far they have done a pretty good job.Still angry on inquisitors and treants however :|
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Oct 2006, 18:24

mr.hackcrag wrote: Fortress for seemingly unoriginal and repetitive looking creatures. Since they seem to have norse inspired mythology (which I love), I can't believe how little norse mythological creatures were put in the faction. In fact, no norse creatures were used. Instead they opted for putting bears in a cyber-suit. :disagree:
And to top it all,an ugly fire lizard with an even uglier and completely unoriginal name.
mr.hackcrag wrote: Inferno's line-up (or at least creature art concepts) could be improved too. Everything looks the same...and ugly. :ill:
But they do have the succubi so everything is forgiven to them :D
mr.hackcrag wrote: Dungeon might as well be a strip club with minotaur bouncers. I don't think we will ever see warlock's return to the glory days of H2. They gave off a regal and dignified aura that has now been completely obscured. H2 was definitely their prime moment. How the heck do those tiny matriarchs rank above the fierce hydras and raging minotaurs? :disagree:
Yeah,not only does it look like a dominatrix town,but it is an elven dominatrix town :disagree:
mr.hackcrag wrote: Sylvan isn't too bad, but there is no need for more dragons and elves. I'm sure we could brainstorm more creative ideas for a nature oriented town.
Nah,elves are fine,but removing the dancers and putting in the pegasi,and replacing dragons with phoenixes would be much better.
mr.hackcrag wrote: I like Acadamy, but most other people don't like their creature designs and their seem to be a lot of complaints about it being a weak town.
As long as they have those juke boxes and headless flying hands they have my deepest contempt :disagree:

What we dont need is more dragons in any form(except for maybe just one more neutral,but thats it!),no more humans(splitting haven in two human factions,honestly....),and especially no more elves.Adding in a cyber town,though Id hate it would certanly mean the death of ubisoft(literally),so Im not aginst it :devious: Conflux,though I love them in HIII,should not be repeated.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 07 Oct 2006, 18:26

Whats wrong with a cool and powerful dragon town?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Oct 2006, 18:31

Beside the fact that its the most unoriginal thing one can think of?Oh,nothing,nothing.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 07 Oct 2006, 18:34

What's original about a barbaric town?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Oct 2006, 18:41

That depends on the implementation really.While you might say that the new dungeon is original,its not.Its full of god damn elves,and thats boring as hell.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 07 Oct 2006, 18:51

Shuyssar wrote:What's original about a barbaric town?
there are no orcs/goblins/behemoths in h5 right now. however, there are lots of dragons.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 07 Oct 2006, 19:27

i dont care for barbarians at all, i couldnt care less if they where in the game, i just want my lizardmen.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 07 Oct 2006, 19:31

i want lizardmen more than orks too (and no nagas in swamp town, why dont they go into some sea town).

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 08 Oct 2006, 00:29

oMg!!!11 orx sux, Lizardmen Rulez and vice versa, man give it a rest both those towns should be in! lizardmen and orcs on rave party! wahaaa :-D

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 08 Oct 2006, 01:17

Personally I don’t mind the idea of a Dragon town—if it meant 90-100% of the game’s Dragons were in it, instead of taking up over half of the game’s 7th tier spaces. :disagree: Then Nival could indulge their Dragon obsession and we would have some more Dragon-free towns. Unfortunately this is something that would have to have been done in the original game, it’s too late for it to do any good now.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Oct 2006, 02:18

I can see it now, a whole town of different coloured flying lizards. Green Dragon, Black Dragon, Red Dragon, Gold Dragon, Purple Dragon, Magenta Dragon, Aquamarine Dragon, Bone Dragon etc. And of course they'd all be lvl7's, can't have the gods own brats be anything less, can we.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 08 Oct 2006, 07:09

Lets see what towns should not be in the next expansion. Hmm anytown that is overpowered compaired to the other towns. Any town with the name Dragon anywhere in it (not the creature the name of the town). Any town that you can not pronounce the name of.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Oct 2006, 09:44

I don't like the idea of a Dragon town... First, a dragon should be the most powerful beast any faction can get its hand on. Second, the dragons should be hard to get your hands on, and third, there are already enough dragons in the game.

As for lizards and orcs, fine, I don't mind. But right now it's all about the dwarves, and I personally doubt more than two expansions will be made. If we use the current pattern it's one new town for each expansion, but I guess we could get lucky and get two new ones in the second exp.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Oct 2006, 00:52

I must disagree. I do not think a dragon should be more powerful than an Arch Angel. Just seems a celestial being should be more powerful than an overgrown serpent.

I do agree with you that a Dragon town just would be a bad idea because there are way too many dragons as is.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 10 Oct 2006, 04:12

Archangels are gay! They really are! Just look at their feminine appearance! Dragons rule!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Oct 2006, 06:49

I was kinda just ignoring the things you wrote Shuy-guy, cause it was just easier (and i get less "you are rude" replies) but it's just getting worse at the moment, the "get better computer" comments and now we have "archangels are gay! they really are!" are super helpful .... maybe you should go work with Dr Phil or something?? really help people out, you know what I mean?

or maybe just go somewhere, anywhere, far, far away, where internet connection is via smoke signal
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”