Next Town - Barbarian?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Next Town - Barbarian?

Unread postby Bahototh » 06 Oct 2006, 10:28

I guess everybody hopes for the Barbaric town to come as the next expansion town. The Cyclops would be a welcome return for sure!

Your thoughts? Cyclops as L7?
Or Maybe fresh ideas for this town type...?[/b]

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Oct 2006, 10:38

Behemoth and Cyclops must return. They can even make all the rest Orcs if only they keep those two. But based on DMoMM i'd say Goblins will be lvl1. Maybe there'll be a Paokai (Wyvern) in there too. 3 Orc unit should be more then enough.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 06 Oct 2006, 11:12

According to the page about Hammers of Fate on Heroic Corner, there will be "Ogre" artifacts in the first add-on...

http://heroes.ag.ru/heroes5/add-on-1/

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Oct 2006, 11:23

Skull of Markal - best news i heard in quite a while. And there are Tomes for each school too.

But Ogres?! This is getting way too Warhammery for my tastes. Ogres are too stupid not to be neutrals, hope they don't go there.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Re: Next Town - Barbarian?

Unread postby vhilhu » 06 Oct 2006, 12:46

Bahototh wrote:I guess everybody hopes for the Barbaric town to come as the next expansion town.
nay, i for example think swamp should be next. and then after that barbar/orc town.

and goblins rule.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 06 Oct 2006, 13:31

ThunderTitan wrote:Skull of Markal - best news i heard in quite a while. And there are Tomes for each school too.

But Ogres?! This is getting way too Warhammery for my tastes. Ogres are too stupid not to be neutrals, hope they don't go there.
Skull of Markal = Skull of Gul'dan from Warcraft 3... :devious:

There were ogres in the previous HoMM as well. The ogremagi from H4 is one of my favourite creatures.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 06 Oct 2006, 13:47

id prefer h2-looking trolls to ogres.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Next Town - Barbarian?

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 06 Oct 2006, 13:53

vhilhu wrote:nay, i for example think swamp should be next. and then after that barbar/orc town.
Yes, I would have liked for them to do away with dwarves and have a swamp and barbarian town.

And ogres are really great. Much better than goblins and orcs because they are less typical and mediocre and much more fierce and scary creatures.

What does a wyvern have to do with barbarians though? :|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Oct 2006, 13:58

Eh,orcs or nagas,both are good.Nagas will be either swamp or sea,while orcs will probably be desert.But considering that the orcs are in DM,and they are being mentioned in the wizard backstory,Id say its 65% chance for orcs to be next and 35% for nagas.
mr.hackcrag wrote: What does a wyvern have to do with barbarians though? :|
Wyverns themselves dont.But paokai could be tamed by orcs.That could also bring in a paokai trainer as a unit.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 06 Oct 2006, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 06 Oct 2006, 14:00

ehh DM and h5 dont really have much in common - i mean compare eg DM human mage and h5 academy mage! its a very different world out there.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Oct 2006, 17:28

Marzhin wrote: There were ogres in the previous HoMM as well.
But not as a race, which in WH they are. And as there were Dwarven artifact in the original game...

@vhilhu

The thing is that the DM mage is more like a H5 hero then the actual unit.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 06 Oct 2006, 17:42

vhilhu wrote:ehh DM and h5 dont really have much in common - i mean compare eg DM human mage and h5 academy mage! its a very different world out there.
¸

It is a totally different concept artist there.
The world is totally the same no matter the look of units.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Oct 2006, 17:54

Yes,just like with old heroes and M&M titles.Same world,but with small differences.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 06 Oct 2006, 18:07

DaemianLucifer wrote:Same world,but with small differences.
You mean like a lot more bugs? :devious:

The laws of this world seem to be quite a bit out of order. :|

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 07 Oct 2006, 16:59

ThunderTitan wrote:Skull of Markal - best news i heard in quite a while. And there are Tomes for each school too.
Is it just me, or am I the only one that thinks the Skull of Markal will end up dropping in Markal's campaign missions?

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 07 Oct 2006, 18:19

I hope there will be no barbarians in the expansion. They are boring. The dragon town or a jungle(swampic) town is a better idea.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Oct 2006, 18:42

You are doing this on purpose,arent you?Like a dry twig running around the elemental plane of fire.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 07 Oct 2006, 20:15

Shuyssar wrote:I hope there will be no barbarians in the expansion. They are boring. The dragon town or a jungle(swampic) town is a better idea.
I like dragons too, but this dragon issue has been a problem throughout all homm games. In every homm, all dragons have been virtual copies of each other in both appearance and abilities. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two dragons that are really unique from all the others as far as appearance goes: Fairy dragon and Rust dragon.

The other part of the problem is that when they are put in a faction, it is always as a last level unit. The stats of dragons are very similar, as are the abilities. So you end up with units that are all practically the same with no variation between them, and that really kills the creativity of it all. So if dragons can't be implemented into the game well, then I'd rather not want to see them again and again and again.

And speaking of repetition, the creature that's labeled as "phoenix" in H5 is also a dragon no matter what anybody says. Too bad they didn't use the phoenix as the fire dragon to replace that silly looking magma dragon.

As for barbarians, I don't think orcs are a very original idea either. But at least homm is different in that it also has creatures like rocs, cyclops, and behemoths, which to me are more unique and special, so I would like to see them again.

What really bewilders me is how a unique faction like H3 fortress has been left out of every other homm game. :| It's a perfect example of how a faction can be made around a unifying theme and still have lots of variation and fun.

To make matters worse, H5 seems to be filling with more boring repetition. More dragons, more haven human clones, a faction with an over-abundance of dwarfs, hopefully no more elves, and etc.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 07 Oct 2006, 20:33

i personally think all orcs in h5 should be goblins instead, they are so much funnier - small, but angry. or just 1 orc tier, like in h3. but no more.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Oct 2006, 21:14

mr.hackcrag wrote: I like dragons too, but this dragon issue has been a problem throughout all homm games. In every homm, all dragons have been virtual copies of each other in both appearance and abilities. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two dragons that are really unique from all the others as far as appearance goes: Fairy dragon and Rust dragon.
Actually,all the dragons in HIV were quite unique.The weak bone dragon that had an amazing ability,the strong blackie that had slow growth and magical immunity,the quick walker dragon golem that always hits first,and the cute fairy caster dragon.Even the uberpowerfull (uber-silly-named) megadragon was unique.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”