Most useful no retaliation unit

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What is the most useful no retaliation unit?

Rakshasa Rani/Rakshasa Raja
11%
Blood fury/Blood maiden
36%
Hydra/Deep Hydra
17%
Vampire/Vampire Lord
36%

Total votes: 36

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Oct 2006, 20:44

I voted Blood Furies IF they're accompanied. They are best when they're away, just coming and going while other stronger unit is doing its service. They're rather strong and crosses almost the whole battlefield. They're, of course, annoying to fight when they're defending a castle, just positioning themselves behind the gate, going out, striking, and returning safely to their home... :devil:

Second, of course, would be Rashmofasa Mommy, when they're with a good artifact to hasten their initiative, their movement, plus hast and dash. They are hardly to beat and have decent damage and HP. :D I like them, despite their name. ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

h4mx0r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby h4mx0r » 01 Oct 2006, 20:53

I vote Vampire Lords as long as you have 20+, because otherwise they will lose faster than they gain.

Cerebi are great, but I see them dying way to fast if targeted by pretty much any large group of creatures 40+

Furies are great with that retreating bonus, but eh...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 01 Oct 2006, 21:13

Panda Tar wrote: Second, of course, would be Rashmofasa Mommy, ... I like them, despite their name. ;|
+1
What happened to the good old-fashioned nagas... they looked cool, they had a cool name, but still they got replaced by these lion headed, 4 sylable named freaks... who have basicaly the same abilities... why?

Same question for Genies?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Oct 2006, 21:18

okrane wrote: What happened to the good old-fashioned nagas... they looked cool, they had a cool name, but still they got replaced by these lion headed, 4 sylable named freaks... who have basicaly the same abilities... why?
Naga's didn't fit in the racial theme of Academy, which is basicaly Wizards and Summoned/Built creatures.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Oct 2006, 21:21

I don't see how they don't fit TT. Both Nagas and Rajas come from Indian culture and the wizard town has heavy Arabic and Indian influence regardless if the creature is summoned or not.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Oct 2006, 21:23

okrane wrote:
Panda Tar wrote: Second, of course, would be Rashmofasa Mommy, ... I like them, despite their name. ;|
+1
What happened to the good old-fashioned nagas... they looked cool, they had a cool name, but still they got replaced by these lion headed, 4 sylable named freaks... who have basicaly the same abilities... why?

Same question for Genies?
About genies, I dunno. Maybe djinns were more difficult to write? :D

Besides, having the Rash-....- ones is nice since we can make up new names. What could we make up with Nagas? :devious:

Just kidding. As TT said, they were not match to Academy at all. In fact, on my view, they are mostly to have their own town with some other mystical-kind-of units. Strangely that I think on them with Egyptian clothing. :|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Oct 2006, 21:47

Nagas were turned into a race of their own,and will probably receive their own town in the expansion.They dont fit the new lore nival made.Also,whats wrong with rakchasas?I love them in D&D.Though D&D rakshasas are very different from these purring oversized cats.Also,I always preffered the original djin over the europenized genie.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Oct 2006, 21:51

What did the original look like?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Oct 2006, 21:58

mr.hackcrag wrote:I don't see how they don't fit TT. Both Nagas and Rajas come from Indian culture and the wizard town has heavy Arabic and Indian influence regardless if the creature is summoned or not.
But the ideea was that all the units be summoned or created by the wizards. And the Naga fits in a Swamp town better based on race anyway.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 02 Oct 2006, 16:29

Rakshasa Rani/Rakshasa Raja looks the best of them all! It retaliates too! :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Oct 2006, 17:12

Shuyssar wrote:Rakshasa Rani/Rakshasa Raja looks the best of them all! It retaliates too! :devil:
Oh yeah,I just noticed that the others dont retaliate :devious:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”