Your favorite Multiplayer Necropolis Hero?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Who is your favorite (Multiplayer) Necro Hero?

Zoltan(spell blocking)
3%
Raven(Curse of weakness)
3%
Kaspar(First Aid Tent)
6%
Deirdre(Banshee Howl)
20%
Vladimir(Raise Dead)
31%
Orson(Zobies)
6%
Lucretia(Vampires)
31%

Total votes: 35

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Your favorite Multiplayer Necropolis Hero?

Unread postby okrane » 29 Sep 2006, 09:41

To discuss hero specialities, strategies and balancing I started this thread. It will be followed by other threads for each faction...

So what do you think?

Here are the starting skills of each hero:

Zoltan - Basic Necromancy, Basic Enlightment, Eagle Eye
Raven - Basic Necromancy, Basic Destruction Magic, Basic Dark Magic
Kaspar - Basic Necromancy, Basic War Machines, First Aid
Naadir - Basic Necromancy, Basic Summoning Magic, Basic Dark Magic
Deirdre - Basic Necromancy, Banshee Howl, Basic Dark Magic
Vladimir - Basic Necromancy, Basic Summoning Magic, Master of Life
Orson - Basic Necromancy, Basic Defense, Vitality
Lucretia - Basic Necromancy, Basic Sorcery, Mana Regeneration

All heroes start with the Raise Dead spell

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Sep 2006, 13:34

deidre - 20% init -2 luck - @ moral ... nothing beat that ...
second choice lucretia, and vlad for small maps.
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 29 Sep 2006, 15:26

1- Zoltan: The special is pure s**t most of the time, but he starts with Enlightenment (a must for necro) + Arcane Intuition, so he is a very versatile and unpredictable hero. Your enemy never knows if Zoltan will cast dark magic, summoning magic, destructive magic, or even a deadly mixure of magic spells learned from neutral monsters and your own archlichs. Besides is very probable that in his first level up he obtains Raise Archers.

2- Lucretia: A doped stack of vampire lords is always welcomed, and to start with sorcery too, but I don´t like mana regeneration, would be better Arcane Training. Same probabilities of getting Raise Archers in the first level up.

3- Raven: The special is useful, and Dark & Destructive magic are both good skills for necromancers, but only if you know that you will get some good destructive spells, if not, destructive magic is a wasted slot that reduces your possibilities of getting Raise Archers in the first levels.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Sep 2006, 16:08

I'll have to go for Deirdre too.Nice pic,dark magic leaving you open for possibilities(that most necros won't :mad: ) and a specialty that strengthens banshee howl :hoo: Now banshee howl used together with mass slow...
I also like Raven who is built for cold death combos and mass weakness though it's harder to control her early levelling,Kaspar that knows how to minimize losses while also having an interesting concept and Vladimir for his good command of summoning.A necro needs more than cursing to defeat his enemies :devil:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Sep 2006, 16:15

everyone agrea the worst are orson and naadir .. :)

Shuyssar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shuyssar » 29 Sep 2006, 18:59

Lucretia(Vampires) is the best, but I like the others too! :-D

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 29 Sep 2006, 22:04

Orson and Naadir are totally not the worst.
Naadir, first of all, has a specialty that is quite nice and interesting, especially now that ghosts are a little more powerful. Not only does this make killing creatures rather simpler (Once you get some summoned ghosts on the feild, it is 'safer' to raise the dead of your troops), it also provides a cute tactical advantage agaisnt other heros, by preventing them from immediately raising/ressurecting a stack you have just killed (since your ghosts are on it) and the ghosts themselves can be quite handy, in blocking archers, taking retaliations from other guys, and doing respectable damage, its a specailty that is rather useful and versatile in any situation, even when fighting large armies against large armies, but especially against small. Starting with summoning magic gives naadir a fair chance of learning hauted mines before you go on your big mine capturing run. Both schools of magic are also quite handy, for a necro. Also, the ability to add more creatures on the feild after round one is something that can be useful in spell situations like where, say, the enemy has casted slow on all your troops...the new summoned ghosts will not be slowed. If you are fighting a battle where huge numbers of casualties are happening on both sides, then easy reinforcements by a passive skill like this are very powerful, especially considering the necros ability to keep his primary toops still alive. The ghosts are also given, by the way, if u kill a summoned/gated stack...

Orson raises the attack and defense of zombies and plague zombies. I dont understand why this is bad...They are great teir 2 units...U guys do know that every time a plague zombie hits a unit it reduces both its attack and defense by 3, and is cumulative, and lasts the entire battle? They coordinate well with long range damage... orson is great

I can understand why kaspar didnt get many votes, but I think kaspar is a decent hero, as war machines are now quite useul for fairly small armies with their huge hp. The ammo cart also is a substantial help to skeleton archers. Kaspar makes the early game rather easier for necro, as he doesnt need mana to heal (annoying familiars on the ore mine). He isnt healing quite as much this way, but still, its no vitality penalty as well as not using the heros turn and such, and its enough to ensure no casualties against neutrals and good enough in some early battle against an enemy hero to be shifting the balance.

The only hero I personally would never use is Raven, simply because I dont know what to do with her. I think her special is okay, but not great, and she starts with destructive magic as well as dark, which is leaving her with only 3 more skills to choose, 1 of which will I think pretty much have to be sorcery, so ok, thats 2 skills, and just not enough to do what I would want with her. U know, increasing the vulnerability of a creature is not at all effecting their vulnerability to spells, which means, if you develop her destructive magic, with high spell power, she probably will never use her specialization, unless the armies become so large, that she will never use destructive magic...is a paradox for her...

But overall, I think Necros have a nice quality of ALL their heros being perfectly good heros, either as primary or secondary. For this reason the lopsided vote is a little suprising to me.

Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 30 Sep 2006, 11:18

I like Orson as he has my favorite starting Necromancer bonus, just basic Defense with Vitality. His weak specialty is countered with the fact that he has a very open magic/might build.

Deidre is good, with Dark and Banshee Howl but what if I don't get Slow or Confusion in the guild? Her special does seem to get better with level now so she has some potential.

My third choice is Zoltan, again because he has an open build with Basic Enlightenment and a wacky special ability. But since I'd pick Scholar over Eagle Eye, Zolatn is only my third pick.

For the rest I don't like mixing magic and I really don't like having an obvious school of Magic. Lucretia is good but Vampires can raise dead on their own and Dark magic doesn't mix well with Sorcery.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 30 Sep 2006, 11:29

Lucretia. You know what you get (Vampire power), you know it's useful and her skills are good. I would prefer Arcane Training or Magic Insight but you can't have it all....

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 30 Sep 2006, 12:10

Lucretia is my favourite..adding stats to a unit who can resurrect themselves and with no retaliation ability is awesome.

I only choose Lucretia if I play necropolis cuz the rest of the heros abilities I dont like.

Orson would be a close 2nd though...adding stats to a meat shield would be cool..though Orson would be good only if u went for light magic and got teleportation.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 30 Sep 2006, 13:05

Lucretia. Vampires are my favorite necro troop. :)

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 30 Sep 2006, 22:55

Why do ppl love vampires so much? I think they are kinda underpowered, personally.
As teir 4 units, they dont have great HP, and their speed and initiative is just a bit too low, especially in large battles. They would be good for killing neutrals, i guess, but necropolis is great at killing neutrals without them anyway.
Seems much stronger, in general, for necros to mix powerful range, via skele archer and lich, with powerful tanks, via zombies and ghosts and wraiths.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Sep 2006, 23:14

Idleness2 wrote:Why do ppl love vampires so much? I think they are kinda underpowered, personally.
You should have seen them in previous games.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Idleness2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Idleness2 » 01 Oct 2006, 07:23

yeah, i did see them in H3, but the ghost dragon...was just stupid overpowerful with that special...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Oct 2006, 08:15

Idleness2 wrote:yeah, i did see them in H3, but the ghost dragon...was just stupid overpowerful with that special...
:lolu:

Ghost Dragons were the weakest Level 7, hands down. The special had a 20% chance to trigger, which meant it seldom happened...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 01 Oct 2006, 09:56

ThunderTitan wrote:
Idleness2 wrote:Why do ppl love vampires so much? I think they are kinda underpowered, personally.
You should have seen them in previous games.
Do you think vamps need buffing?

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 01 Oct 2006, 16:31

Vampire Lords need more initiative. They are the only necro´s assault (high speed+flyer) creature, but they have only 11 initiative and cannot have good moral, so their turns come really slow for this kind of work.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 01 Oct 2006, 18:11

don t agrea, spectres and dragon can assault too, but we all know that necro is not a high init faction... to balance necromancy ...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Oct 2006, 19:11

okrane wrote: Do you think vamps need buffing?
I don't know, Necro is supposed to have weaker units but be able to raise them. And i'm not sure i see the vamp as weak just because how it was in the previous games.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Adicto
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Adicto » 01 Oct 2006, 23:20

Kilop wrote:don t agrea, spectres and dragon can assault too, but we all know that necro is not a high init faction... to balance necromancy ...
Man, spectres have 10 initiative and 5 speed, they are too slow to be assault creatures.

And bone/spectral dragons... well, I think I´ve never seen one of them in multiplayer. Who is gonna pay for that flying s**t?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”