how to get zehir to learn omniscience

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

how to get zehir to learn omniscience

Unread postby fantasy » 26 Sep 2006, 13:18

i have read the walkthrough and seen the skill wheel but after i got to lvl21 i the 2 abilities which they give me to learn is not the appropriate ablities which will lead to us learning omniscience any ideas how to get the skill?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Sep 2006, 13:23

Tough luck.No ammount of reloading can save you now,you will have to restart mission or use cheats.Unfortunately that's the primary reason it's hard to get an ultimate :(
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 Sep 2006, 13:27

Well, what can I suggest - reload the scenario or try to find a Witch Hut that gives the skill. When going for ultimative skills, usually leave space for several skill slots. I.e. don't master all the Sorcery yet because there might be a Witch Hut later in the game that not only will give you one skill level for free but also change the way skills are offered when leveling up. Instead of it leave space for at least 2 Sorcery skills and at the same time develop also Enlightenment. The whole process is rather tedious and the reward - not too impressing because when you'll get the Arcane Omniscience, the campaign likely will be over.

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 26 Sep 2006, 14:01

by restarting the scenario will the skills/abilities when lvling change or they will always be the same no matter how many times u restart?

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 Sep 2006, 14:08

They should change - feel free to experiment. ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 14:08

I doubt that random seed is being memorized,so restarting the whole scenario should do the trick.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Sep 2006, 16:46

You might need to restart Heroes V for the skills offered to change, since random seeds won't be refreshed until you quit Heroes.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 Sep 2006, 17:35

For me it has always worked with just restarting the scenario. I know this so sure because I was testing, hum, a script bug and each time I restarted the mission I was offered different skills.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 26 Sep 2006, 19:44

I played on Heroic and just didn't have enough experience to succed in getting it. And found even couple of huts.

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 27 Sep 2006, 02:13

arturchix wrote:For me it has always worked with just restarting the scenario. I know this so sure because I was testing, hum, a script bug and each time I restarted the mission I was offered different skills.
wats a scipt bug? i tried at the 3rd stage of academy and the 1st lvl i gain i got the feat i wanted but the next lvl gave me 2 perks which is useless and i tried reloading choosing a different feat but the outcome for the next lvl is the same, 2 useless perk

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 27 Sep 2006, 02:35

erm if i got expert attack will they give me the archery ability to learn? or i need to have basic attack?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 27 Sep 2006, 03:06

I replied to your PM. Check out the skill wheel, linked from the front page. Click on arcane omniscience (in the middle) and all the preqs will light up. Click on any of those to see more clearly what their preqs are.

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 27 Sep 2006, 03:10

i know wat is the requirements the problem now is when i lvl up none of those abilities show up for me to learn

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 27 Sep 2006, 15:15

IIRC random seed is at the very least affected by how you build up your town and other changes such as map bonuses, battles fought, etc.

As an example, Inferno mission 3, depending on the path I took during that first week, the first Witch Hut would either offer Agrael Expert Dark Magic, Summoning Magic (forget which skill), or something else.

If you just load your last save and keep trying the same XP Monolith (or whatever you use to skill-up) it will always be the same result. I *think* what you do on that turn doesn't matter, but previous turns might (or previous weeks?)

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 28 Sep 2006, 08:05

pyscho did u keep on restarting or u just played it once and u got the skill?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 28 Sep 2006, 08:33

I did it exactly as I described in the walkthrough. I never had to re-start, I just made sure I took the right skills and didn't get skills from witches huts which might muck up the path.

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 28 Sep 2006, 12:38

how u make sure u get the right skills i followed exactly at the skill wheel and took only the skills and abilities that are needed but i still have to restart

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Sep 2006, 13:12

The tactic I use is get basic of the four skills needed and whenever possible not take advanced before you have the ability.That way you lock a skill's abilities from appearing and you have less chances to get 2 undesired abilities at once.Also an advanced ability(say banish) will always be offered in a lvl up as long as another one is not viable.So just make sure you don't gain lvls in a skill without locking its abilities first.In case a skill is rare you just focus on the others and NEVER take a spare skill that has nothing to to with the ultimate as it opens up more possibilities.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

fantasy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fantasy » 28 Sep 2006, 17:01

i am at lvl 20 but none of the lvls gave me basic attack and at lvl 3 i had to restart coz i dint have the appropriate skills

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 30 Sep 2006, 00:34

The strategy guides have percentages of being offered various skills. Pick your choices using probability. Plus, even if you don't make it, the skills are useful.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”